Page 104 of 187 FirstFirst ... 45494100101102103104105106107108114154 ... LastLast
Results 1,546 to 1,560 of 2791
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    One question. Icicle's dinner blessing suggests that maybe an ancient Norse cult is part of his family heritage. Has that ever been presented as part of his character background or as a source of his powers in the comics?
    The OG Icicle just had an ice gun, not much else. His son got the powers from his father's gun.

Amazing the tech they had in the 40s, lol. Cosmic rods, flying cars...

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    The OG Icicle just had an ice gun, not much else. His son got the powers from his father's gun.

Amazing the tech they had in the 40s, lol. Cosmic rods, flying cars...
    Those two I knew (and yeah, 40s comics tech makes our tasers look pretty lame). So this Norse culture thing is unique to the show's canon (if it has anything to do with his powers at all)?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    Those two I knew (and yeah, 40s comics tech makes our tasers look pretty lame). So this Norse culture thing is unique to the show's canon (if it has anything to do with his powers at all)?
    Pretty much, neither Icicle ever got half the focus the show gave them

Mighty Member

I’m sorry, I couldn’t get past the teen angst stuff. I’m a long way from my teenage years and have no desire to revisit it. I’m having the same problem with Superman and Lois.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Beantownbrown View Post
    Thunderbolt and Jade! In!

With The Shade being (at least posed as) The Big Bad, and Green Lantern's daughter on deck, can Obsidian be very far behind?

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

As crazy as it sounds Stargirl has become my favorite of the DC shows. To be fair I have not seen the new Superman show since trying to watch anything on that dumpster fire the CW calls an app is almost impossible. It is bad that you can tell they spent money on Stargirl which just makes the other shows especially Legends look so cheap in comparison. I am very excited to see their take on Shade, Jakeem Thunder, Jade, and Eclipso next season.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Cautiously optimistic. If it does get hit hard with CW this season could be as good as the first.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    I’m sorry, I couldn’t get past the teen angst stuff. I’m a long way from my teenage years and have no desire to revisit it. I’m having the same problem with Superman and Lois.
    You know, I kind of get that. I feel that way about anime and manga a lot. Yet, I found this show refreshing out of all of the DC shows they've had in the last couple years.

I wonder of it's maybe not the teen angst I have a problem with so much as overwrought angst. Because the drama in this show felt fairly natural while the drama in shows like Flash feels more and more like it's been overly engineered to create more stupid problems.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Beantownbrown View Post
    I wonder if we'll get more people calling out Courtney's dumb behavior.
    She makes a lot of dumb decisions in season 1 and no one really says or does anything about it, she doesn't even seem like she learned anything from them.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Metro View Post
    I wonder if we'll get more people calling out Courtney's dumb behavior.
    She makes a lot of dumb decisions in season 1 and no one really says or does anything about it, she doesn't even seem like she learned anything from them.
    Life of a teenage girl.

I find it hilarious how she insist on being a superhero in a town where there's no need for them. Outside of the Injustice Society what crime is actually going on in that town?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    To be fair I have not seen the new Superman show since trying to watch anything on that dumpster fire the CW calls an app is almost impossible.
    The CW app is pretty easy to navigate. There is the occasional issue, but honestly that's true of most apps.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Life of a teenage girl.

I find it hilarious how she insist on being a superhero in a town where there's no need for them. Outside of the Injustice Society what crime is actually going on in that town?
    The trailer indicates the show addresses that. Once the Injustice Gang is gone, the new JSA figures it can pack in as there's nothing to actually do now.

Except Cortney REALLY doesn't want to retire.

So its gonna be interesting to see her reaction to big bads like Shade and possibly Eclipso showing up.

Yeah, I was wondering to myself at the end what the JSA were going to do now that they'd dealt with the ISA, because otherwise what's there left to do? I don't think crime is that frequent in Blue Valley to necessitate them putting their costumes on. But Courtney loves being a Superhero.

Really hyped for Shade, Jakeem, and Jade .

Does it look like Cindy is fighting her step-mom?

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Jade?? Green Lantern's daughter so it has to be her. Too much shadow in that sequence....will she be green?
    Shade, very cool as well as Jakeem.

The final shot of S1 showed Starman played by Joel Mchale who was absent from this teaser. Maybe in another one? Dismissing that story line altogether?

Show is called Stargirl but really it should just be called Justice Society of America. Not sure it's really in the same vein of Arrow and Flash who formed a working support group around them. This show has from the start been about the JSA and Courtney reforming them since about episode 4 to the point at S1 end one could argue JSA 2.0 is back and S2 will be about widening the team.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime