Page 69 of 187 FirstFirst ... 195965666768697071727379119169 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,035 of 2791
    Astonishing Member

On Youtube, one fan mentioned that there is talk of Cindy's BF becoming Jade since her name is Jen. Also in at least one scene, she wore a necklace with an icon similar to the one Jade used in her more recent outfits (similar to the atom icon). I could easily see this happening -- in which case she would probably never be green and not have inherent powers, and her brother would be Jacuim instead of Todd/Obsidian.

Obsidian probably won't be used -- since Shade will probably show up sooner or later (of course, they could do a switch and Make Todd the son of Shade). All said -- I'd prefer keeping things as close as possible to comics.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    On Youtube, one fan mentioned that there is talk of Cindy's BF becoming Jade since her name is Jen. Also in at least one scene, she wore a necklace with an icon similar to the one Jade used in her more recent outfits (similar to the atom icon). I could easily see this happening -- in which case she would probably never be green and not have inherent powers, and her brother would be Jacuim instead of Todd/Obsidian.

Obsidian probably won't be used -- since Shade will probably show up sooner or later (of course, they could do a switch and Make Todd the son of Shade). All said -- I'd prefer keeping things as close as possible to comics.
    I vaguely recall a comment from some ISA member saying that The Shade had 'betrayed them' or whatever.

The Shade does make sense to be somehow connected to Obsidian. He snatched Alan away before the rest of the ISA could kill him and hid him in the shadows (the 'betrayal'), but something remain and passed on to his son, years later?

Or, yanno, Shade's Obsidian's other daddy, and betrayed the ISA to save his crush Alan, but I have no idea how that would even work.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

It looks like Jr will become a villain. He was already leaning in that direction but I'm sure Yolanda didn't help even though it did prove what Countney was trying to communicate. Sr waking up just in time for his son first murder must be awkward. I want him to give Jr some constructive criticism on it before patting him on the back.

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Loved the episode. That cliffhanger at the end...will be cool to see Barb freaking out over the Stargirl stuff, I imagine its going to put her as Courtney as serious odds for the episode.

The dinner was tense as well. Jordan's actor is just phenomenal in his role. The way he can balance what is seemingly genuine care for the psychotic-ness he has inside him has been great.

Jr's first kill seems like it may throw a wrench in the works for him to be a good guy rather than a villain. Id rather him be bad til sometime into season two if they were going to switch him at any time.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    What?!? A 18 year old with a 21 year old?

It’s definitely not uncommon.
    My High School had Seniors dating Freshmen and some dated all four years even after he graduated the Seniors were usually dudes but with only one exception.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    What’s the consensus from JSA fans of Al Pratt not existing in the show?
    Pratt himself hasn't been mentioned yet, but his hometown was referenced in Rex Tyler's journal, wasn't it? Calvin City? Maybe he does have a role to play, still.

Anyway, the new episode was good. Junior definitely seems to be leaning to the side of evil. I didn't expect his father to wake up, though. Barbara finding out about Stargirl is an interesting development, though one that felt inevitable. And we find out about this universe's Seven Soldiers of Victory, including the memberships of Green Arrow, Speedy and Wing (giving them basically eight members despite the team name).

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by AdamFTF View Post
    Pratt himself hasn't been mentioned yet, but his hometown was referenced in Rex Tyler's journal, wasn't it? Calvin City? Maybe he does have a role to play, still.

Anyway, the new episode was good. Junior definitely seems to be leaning to the side of evil. I didn't expect his father to wake up, though. Barbara finding out about Stargirl is an interesting development, though one that felt inevitable. And we find out about this universe's Seven Soldiers of Victory, including the memberships of Green Arrow, Speedy and Wing (giving them basically eight members despite the team name).
    This episode was really good, the ISA's characters are infinitely more interesting and entertaining then the "good" guys. I think JR. will go back and forth and eventually become a JSA member...as I think? he did in the comics. Beth and Hourman are still useless...maybe they should have or should be powered up to resemble the kingdom come versions? (midnite made of smoke...and hour man developed his abilities to the point where he had superpowers all the time.)

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Henry and Yolanda will have to reconcile before he can be a good guy. I don't see that happening anytime soon.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Henry and Yolanda will have to reconcile before he can be a good guy. I don't see that happening anytime soon.
    They laid the groundwork for it in this episode when he read her mind.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by obatalla View Post
    This episode was really good, the ISA's characters are infinitely more interesting and entertaining then the "good" guys. I think JR. will go back and forth and eventually become a JSA member...as I think? he did in the comics. Beth and Hourman are still useless...maybe they should have or should be powered up to resemble the kingdom come versions? (midnite made of smoke...and hour man developed his abilities to the point where he had superpowers all the time.)
    Say it like that and it sound like Runaways Season 1 all over again. I will say that the JSA kids still seem more interesting than the Runaways kids (dropped that show at the end of season 1).

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by AdamFTF View Post
    Say it like that and it sound like Runaways Season 1 all over again. I will say that the JSA kids still seem more interesting than the Runaways kids (dropped that show at the end of season 1).
    Yea this on all accounts is much better then that group...I stopped watching runaways when they changed the Topher vampire character to some energy eating guy...no clue about creative decisions with that show. Are creative choices or changes all due to budget with these types of shows?

So we get a parallel origin story with OG!Brainwave and Brainwave Jr., watching both of them discover their power and the corruptive influence it has on the both of them .

I wasn't expecting this show would stay so true to the JSA mythos as it has, let alone introduce a comic-accurate Seven Soldiers of Victory with classic Green Arrow and Speedy. Speaking of, was it deliberate that those two were the only ones Pat didn't name? Because they were the biggest names? Unless Earth-2 Green Arrow was actually called "Robin Hood."

So the Seven Soldiers of Victory had eight members...who did they not count? I guess it's got to be either Stripesy or Speedy, but knowing Pat's luck it was probably him .

Does Yolanda still not know that it was Cindy who leaked the photos using Henry's phone? He didn't seem to know she was going to do it. I mean, I guess he's culpable in some respect but he doesn't seem to be 100% responsible like Yolanda seems to think he is.

None of the ISA except Jordan seem to care for Dragon King at all. Although Jordan probably realizes how much they need Ito so they can't lose him. Do they know he gave Ito Wizard's body?

The ISA's big plan is a mass-brainwashing plot, but what are they going to brainwash them into doing?

I guess it would be difficult for a telepath to have faith in humanity, at least when you've already had a depressing life up to that point and had to live up to a domineering and cold father. Will the JSA be able to restore Henry's belief in humanity's better angels?

At least Courtney's mask is effective enough that Icicle can't recognize her like Cindy did, but admittedly he only saw her one time.

Wow, even the Mahkents' grace is hardcore. I'm really wary of the grandparents now.

In a dangerous games of Superheroes and Supervillains, something as casual as holding a scalding plate is enough to tip the balance immensely. And Jordan probably has no idea he even did it.

That...that is not how I was expecting Barbara to find out about the Superhero business. But it was also very Barbara .

Incredible Member

best description yet of the 7 soldiers of victoy , robin hood, a knight , the cowboy from the villlage people. how would courtney know of the village people, it was way before her generation.
    Last edited by marshal88; 07-14-2020 at 02:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So

I wasn't expecting this show would stay so true to the JSA mythos as it has, let alone introduce a comic-accurate Seven Soldiers of Victory with classic Green Arrow and Speedy. Speaking of, was it deliberate that those two were the only ones Pat didn't name? Because they were the biggest names? Unless Earth-2 Green Arrow was actually called "Robin Hood."

So the Seven Soldiers of Victory had eight members...who did they not count? I guess it's got to be either Stripesy or Speedy, but knowing Pat's luck it was probably him .
    Traditionally only Stripes and Speedy were included of the sidekicks. Wing the crimson Avengers sidelick wasn't in the number and niether was Vigilante's chinese kid sidekick.

When it came to their stories theybwent a bit like the clasic JSA stories with each member fightingna solo story and teaming up at the end to face the big boss. The other side kicks only appeared in the solo story part never the big finish

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by obatalla View Post
    Yea this on all accounts is much better then that group...I stopped watching runaways when they changed the Topher vampire character to some energy eating guy...no clue about creative decisions with that show. Are creative choices or changes all due to budget with these types of shows?
    Reminds me of how they changed the Staff of One to some sort of tech thing. That show actively resisted the cross-genre aspects of the comic, even though that was part of the appeal. Each couple from the Pride was a different kind of genre villain.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier
    Traditionally, it would have been Wing because . . . well, because old comics could be racist as hell. But anyway, I noticed they kept Wing's more "superhero-y" costume while giving Crimson Avenger the old highwayman get-up. You'd think that since Crimson Avenger was pretty much a Green Hornet riff in that early suit, they would have just dressed Wing up like Kato or something.