Page 149 of 187 FirstFirst ... 4999139145146147148149150151152153159 ... LastLast
Results 2,221 to 2,235 of 2791

Great episode. But come on, raise your hands, who wouldn't have minded leaving Cindy there if it meant that the Shade could survive?

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    Great episode. But come on, raise your hands, who wouldn't have minded leaving Cindy there if it meant that the Shade could survive?
    Well, yeah, but Courtney's a Superhero .

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

A great episode.

The SHADE is too great to be full gone surely!!

What a shock Cindy blames Courtney for ending up in the Shadowlands. Eclipso was owning your @$$ and she tried her best to save you, Courtney isn't some upper body strength person.

Dr. MidNight is now back in the real world, present day!! He and Starman need scenes together soon.

Rick is still in prison, Jenny is now on the scene, when is Yolanda coming back? The pieces are swirling around, it's obvious this was a transition episode. My assumption is it is the transition to re-solidfying the new & old JSA members into one cohesive team to take down Eclipso.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    A great episode.

The SHADE is too great to be full gone surely!!

What a shock Cindy blames Courtney for ending up in the Shadowlands. Eclipso was owning your @$$ and she tried her best to save you, Courtney isn't some upper body strength person.

Dr. MidNight is now back in the real world, present day!! He and Starman need scenes together soon.

Rick is still in prison, Jenny is now on the scene, when is Yolanda coming back? The pieces are swirling around, it's obvious this was a transition episode. My assumption is it is the transition to re-solidfying the new & old JSA members into one cohesive team to take down Eclipso.
    Yolanda's coming back next episode to take issue with Courtney working with Cindy (although Yolanda left so I'm not sure if she really has any right to complain).

I couldn't help but think about the b/w purgatory scenes we saw in "Titans" this season (and the brief one with Dick in the L-Pit) and man, it just highlights the difference in quality between the shows. It boils down to storytelling and earning the emotional moments. And of course Courtney went back to save Cindy - she's a genuine hero.

It does seem odd to not pick up on the Thunderbolt story since Mike knows who has it and Jakeem isn't being really subtle about using it. I'm sure it would come in handy against Eclipso...

And will we have to wait for Starman to show up for the staff to get back to full strength? It's sad not seeing it and Courtney as the duo they've become. (maybe her acrobatic stunt double had a couple weeks off...?)

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    I doubt the Shade is dead. Once Eclipso is back in the diamond his healing factor will go back to normal. I can just see that cliffhanger of showing him still alive and heading to Opal City.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I doubt the Shade is dead. Once Eclipso is back in the diamond his healing factor will go back to normal. I can just see that cliffhanger of showing him still alive and heading to Opal City.
    Yeah, they also brought up the two vestiges of Shade they found and they never explained the second one.

Incredible Member

Thoughts on the episode.

I thought the black and white had this grainy quality to the storytelling. It really worked.

Barbara has struck me as the moral center not only of the Dugan family, but often in keeping
    the pieces together. It was so much to her character that she knew just what Shade had to hear
    to get him going, even being willing to be killed.

The scenes with Midnite and Courtney were deeply moving. The actor who played Midnite really had
    his personality as I had always imagined it: thoughtful, full of integrity, but with a kind of quiet dignity.
    I'm with frontier the scene of the show was that bear hug between Pat and Midnite. It was interesting the
    way they filmed it as on the margins of the action, to the side. But your eyes couldn't help following them,
    the emotions, the feeling was intense. It was just very well done.

I'm not sure how I feel about Cindy. I didn't enjoy her much earlier in the season. I suppose now the fate
    of Rick Tyler will be front and center. The final confrontation with Eclipso looms. I'll be curious as to how they
    pull that one off. I mean Eclipso in the comics has immense power, the JSA is going to definitely have to up their
    game to take him out. Of course, by that I mean in a believable kind of way.

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

Jakeem shows up next episode. Hopefully the Thunderbolt will also.

JakeemMike.jpg

With Midnite back hopefully he will give hooty and the smoke bombs to Beth. I don't see him sticking around as a hero.

Quote Originally Posted by RobinGA View Post
    The final confrontation with Eclipso looms. I'll be curious as to how they
    pull that one off. I mean Eclipso in the comics has immense power, the JSA is going to definitely have to up their
    game to take him out. Of course, by that I mean in a believable kind of way.
    I expect some magical deus ex machina, Achilles heel, fatal flaw in the Deathstar kinda thing. Or maybe Mike can just hit him with a truck.

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

With Midnite back hopefully he will give hooty and the smoke bombs to Beth. I don't see him sticking around as a hero.
    The owl I can do without, but I am hoping he sticks around to train Beth and he doesn't pull a Henry and we wait all this time for him to be free and the next episode he's like 'deuces, im out'
    Geek / Gamer / Filmmaker / Indy Pro Wrestler
    @SebastionEnvi (Twitter/Instagram)
    youtube.com/SkunkLifeMedia

Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    The owl I can do without, but I am hoping he sticks around to train Beth and he doesn't pull a Henry and we wait all this time for him to be free and the next episode he's like 'deuces, im out'
    I hope that Charles retires from the hero game, open a practice in town and serve as a mentor/medic for the kids.

Quote Originally Posted by signalman112 View Post
    Jakeem shows up next episode. Hopefully the Thunderbolt will also.

JakeemMike.jpg
    It's kind of funny that they've talked about Jakeem being Mike's friend and this is the first episode where we actually see them together.
    I think the main reason they brought him back was so he could properly train Beth to be Dr. Mid-Nite. She has the grit for it but she doesn't have the skills yet.

(I really hope someone remembers Hooty exists).

Incredible Member

I think that Charles will be around for the confrontation with Eclipso.

But for next season it is hard to see him being around. I mean
    Charles McNider never lived in Nebraska, unless I am missing something.
    He might show up for guest shots like we have seen Golden Age Flash in the
    Flash show.