Page 67 of 187 FirstFirst ... 175763646566676869707177117167 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,005 of 2791
    www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    Maybe Netflix has spoiled me, but I'm starting to prefer these shorter season episodes. Keep Stargirl at 13 episodes I say.
    16 episodes max. If they go up to up to 22 or 23....I loathe that idea.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AdamFTF View Post
    I thought The Magician was a French cartoon series that aired on Fox Kids in 1999: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Ma...nch_TV_series)
    Attachment 98527
    I'm not familiar with that at all, though I would have liked that when I was a kid.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    16 episodes max. If they go up to up to 22 or 23....I loathe that idea.
    Older WB/CW series' like Buffy and Veronica Mars used to be able to pull off a 22-23 episode season pretty well, but shortly after those ended, it was clear on other series' which entire episodes should've ended up on the cutting room floor.

Hell, even Marvel's excellent Netflix shows had a hard time stretching things out to 13 (although rumor has it, Marvel themselves only wanted to produce 10, but Netflix insisted on 13).
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    Why attack Cindy? Unless you are going to kill her outright, what's the purpose? A few bruises , you are not putting her in prison. The ISA will kill you in a flash. If Stargirl and Stripsey want to play, they better switch to surprise lethal attacks. Oh, wait - heroes don't kill, blah, blah.

Take a hint from the Dr. Sleep movie, find the bad guys. Set up in the woods and shoot them all (the ones who are not invulnerable).
    Courtney was under the (false) impression that the JSA were in danger from Cindy so she rushed in after them. Courtney really doesn't think things through so I think the only thing she had in mind was taking the fight to Shiv to protect her team.

Astonishing Member

It would be cool if Courtney/Cindy relationship developed along the lines of Ralph the Wolf and Sam the Sheepdog from Looney Tunes. When the left work behind -- they were very cordial to each other, but on the job they were fierce competitors. I just like the chemistry between the two. I don't really want to see Shiv become a hero, but I don't want her to become as evil as she'd like to think she is.

Intermediary

CANNONBALL

CANNONBALL

I own that movie on dvd - love that song

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    It would be cool if Courtney/Cindy relationship developed along the lines of Ralph the Wolf and Sam the Sheepdog from Looney Tunes. When the left work behind -- they were very cordial to each other, but on the job they were fierce competitors. I just like the chemistry between the two. I don't really want to see Shiv become a hero, but I don't want her to become as evil as she'd like to think she is.
    I dunno. I don't think she's completely terrible but Cindy's a pretty evil and awful person.

Intermediary

Cindy is BASURA

thats Spanish for trash

she trash

Icicle is more likable than her

Astonishing Member

The Flash was and is a prime example of the never ending story. Get on with it. Having lived in an area where pollution was a killer, I can feel for Icicle.

Intermediary

the actor playing him is doing a great job, I always saw Icicle as kind of the bloodthirsty one of the group but I like this version

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    Older WB/CW series' like Buffy and Veronica Mars used to be able to pull off a 22-23 episode season pretty well, but shortly after those ended, it was clear on other series' which entire episodes should've ended up on the cutting room floor.

Hell, even Marvel's excellent Netflix shows had a hard time stretching things out to 13 (although rumor has it, Marvel themselves only wanted to produce 10, but Netflix insisted on 13).
    IMO, filler episodes are where all of the fun happens.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I dunno. I don't think she's completely terrible but Cindy's a pretty evil and awful person.
    Yeah, but I kinda like how they both have to attend school together -- and get along to some degree.

Intermediary

I also get some inner conflict vibes from Cindy...theres other stuff going on with her besides the obvious

Incredible Member

Aside from stargirl, the heroes powers are effing terrible. The son with brainwave powers are infinitely cooler than the entire "hero" team.

Also, I wish they did not kill off the wizard family. The kid could have been a defector with magic powers on the side of the heroes, but of course the cooler/flashier more impressive power has to be scrapped for goggles girl, and ME STRONG. I'm hoping something comes of his investigations on what happened to the wife, maybe that cat turns up, or the hat with the wand. Where is the want btw, did icicle take it after he killed his partner?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by MiddleMan View Post
    I also get some inner conflict vibes from Cindy...theres other stuff going on with her besides the obvious
    Part of her clearly wants someone who she can talk to about 'this stuff,' which she can't with her hangers-on in school, or with her father.

And yet, she's, if anything, even more prone to violence and murder than the average villain (and is impatient with her father and his friends for not doing more, it seems), and seems to want to keep Courtney around to 'have a friend' despite not caring one bit what Courtney wants...