Page 107 of 187 FirstFirst ... 75797103104105106107108109110111117157 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,605 of 2791

Quote Originally Posted by nightrider View Post
    I’m sorry I’m so late to the conversation but what stargirl did was wrong.
    They didn’t need to stop ISA, I’m so confused why the writer had to make ISA the “good guys” in the end.
    They didn't really, even if their ideals weren't strictly evil.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    They didn't really, even if their ideals weren't strictly evil.
    Yeah, but well…. By the end of the season, it kinda made me half root for the villains which is probably the weirdest thing that happened. I blame Geoff Johns and his love for villains.

Yeah, but well…. By the end of the season, it kinda made me half root for the villains which is probably the weirdest thing that happened. I blame Geoff Johns and his love for villains.
    I mean, I didn't, especially in the finale but to each their own.

You wanted the villains to brainwash all the adults in the world? Weird take on "good guys."

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    You wanted the villains to brainwash all the adults in the world? Weird take on "good guys."
    Yeah, like, they had very high ideals but brainwashing the world and killing off half the population where it didn't take didn't really seem like something good guys would do.

That and some of the ISA were outright psychopaths. Like, who in their right mind would see Sportsmaster, Tigress, and Brainwave as good guys? Icicle was at least somewhat noble but he still killed a kid and wanted Barbara all to himself.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Yeah, like, they had very high ideals but brainwashing the world and killing off half the population where it didn't take didn't really seem like something good guys would do.

That and some of the ISA were outright psychopaths. Like, who in their right mind would see Sportsmaster, Tigress, and Brainwave as good guys? Icicle was at least somewhat noble but he still killed a kid and wanted Barbara all to himself.
    Right. Personally, I never felt any sympathy with them at all.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    Right. Personally, I never felt any sympathy with them at all.
    Personally, I took it as the writers saying to both The Right and The Left, "look at what you're doing to each other, and what you're doing along the way."

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    Personally, I took it as the writers saying to both The Right and The Left, "look at what you're doing to each other, and what you're doing along the way."
    I don't think there was any political commentary/lesson meant. It was just the old "ends justify the means" type of villainy type of thing.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Lets not forget the 25% of the people who would fight the brainwashing and be killed by it either.

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

Season 2 photo.

StargirlPhoto.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by signalman112 View Post
    Season 2 photo.

StargirlPhoto.jpg
    All we're missing is Jade and Jakeem...

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I don't think there was any political commentary/lesson meant. It was just the old "ends justify the means" type of villainy type of thing.
    It is there. Not dripping like in Supergirl but there it is all the same.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    It is there. Not dripping like in Supergirl but there it is all the same.
    Agreed. It was a warning about what conservatism is doing to the world if folks insist on being allowed to treat it any dang way they please, and what progressivism might do to human freedoms if people won't take responsibility for the harm they're doing.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Yeah, it was basically "I know whet's best for you even if it kills you!" Their have been a number of supervillains over the years that have tried to do that (and fortunately failed).
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Astonishing Member

But the brainwashing was less of a brainwashing but more of a correction on ideals like ending discrimination, encouraging sustainable living and universal healthcare. Even if 25% of the people had to die fighting on these ideals but I would see them as the extreme right who are racist, sexist and doesnt give a damn about global warming. If we’re looking at the grand scheme of things, people are going to die if global warming continues, why not kill some to save so many. Even in war there is collateral damage, so when the villains started talking about this new world order, I would have hesitated real hard to decide since like what stargirl said the world is not black and white.