Page 109 of 187 FirstFirst ... 95999105106107108109110111112113119159 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,635 of 2791

I'm happy to see teen heroes looking like actual teens, as opposed to late 20 year olds pretending to be teens.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    I think it's only really Beth that's the problem. They need to come up with a good reason to justify having her as a costumed hero.
    I'll settle for making her helpful without the googles.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I'll settle for making her helpful without the googles.
    Isn't Dr. Mid-Nite supposed to have smoke bombs? She should have those.

And why hasn't she been introduced to Hooty, yet? Aside from budget...

I think it's only really Beth that's the problem. They need to come up with a good reason to justify having her as a costumed hero.
    I had wondered if they had the budget to bring in Hootie to protect her during physical confrontations. Otherwise, she should be the person in the chair - no shame in that.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I had wondered if they had the budget to bring in Hootie to protect her during physical confrontations. Otherwise, she should be the person in the chair - no shame in that.
    Maybe make Hooty into a drone :P

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I am so over the person in the chair trope that I hope they find something better for her.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Maybe make Hooty into a drone :P
    We already got introduced to Hooty. He's at the hall waiting for Midnight to return.

Ultimate Member

We already got introduced to Hooty. He's at the hall waiting for Midnight to return.
    A drone named in his honor, then

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    A drone named in his honor, then
    I'll wait to see what the writers do. That said, I'd love to see Beth get a Familiar.

I hope Pat takes the kids to the JSA headquarters this season.

Retired

At the start of the series, I didn't see the point of Beth, but by the end she was my favourite character by far. She's the Fonzie. All the other characters should change to suit her.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    At the start of the series, I didn't see the point of Beth, but by the end she was my favourite character by far. She's the Fonzie. All the other characters should change to suit her.
    I liked Beth, but I couldn't escape thinking of Sigourney Weaver's character from Galaxy Quest with her "I have one job on this show" schtick.

Finished watching it a while ago but didn't get around to this thread.

I really liked it. It was a great mixture of seriousness and laughs, realism and comic book insanity.

I loved the growing father/ daughter relationship of Stripesy and Stargirl. I think Beth was my favorite and the whole Dr. Midnight AI thing just added to it. I do hope the second season has her having practiced and being capable on her own. I hope she gets the AI back but shows her own abilities.

I have mixed feelings about seeing more of Wildcat's family. I've known people like that who really don't love their child and only care about how they think they look to other people. I really thought it was setting up for her kid brother to join the group but they never did anything more with him except to show he was angry at how she was treated. I also thought Stripesy's son was going to get an artifact since the green power battery and Dr. Fate's helmet remain unclaimed.

There was just a lot of great stuff.

The Injustice Society's motives were a surprise and we have to wonder why they would call themselves that since they clearly see themselves as the just ones. I also found the explanation of the names like the Star-Spangled Kid, that the first few years of the 21st century were a different era, to be amusing as an explanation for what was really a 1940s/ World War 2 mentality. But you could probably say they chose those names right after 9/11/2001.

I would like to say more but: shoulder problem/ physical therapy/ typing one-handed and left/ off hand at that.

So, I'll just say I really liked it and hope there's a 2nd season.
    Power with Girl is better.

Quote Originally Posted by nightrider View Post
    But the brainwashing was less of a brainwashing but more of a correction on ideals like ending discrimination, encouraging sustainable living and universal healthcare. Even if 25% of the people had to die fighting on these ideals but I would see them as the extreme right who are racist, sexist and doesnt give a damn about global warming. If we’re looking at the grand scheme of things, people are going to die if global warming continues, why not kill some to save so many. Even in war there is collateral damage, so when the villains started talking about this new world order, I would have hesitated real hard to decide since like what stargirl said the world is not black and white.
    That's almost watchmen-esque except that Moore created a situation where there was no other way. Here, your dealing with a group that kills each other and each other's children, some of whom really don't care about the final goal, except for Icicle and Brainwave, who seem to be the driving force.

And you are certainly correct that global warming and lack of adequate healthcare is going to kill that many or lower the quality of life anyway. But that's just too much a case of stopping the disease by killing everyone who has it. It's not like their plan was the only solution but just an instant one with horrible results immediately.
    Power with Girl is better.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

I don't mind Beth, but I will say it would not hurt to update her costume some. The classic look just doesn't work well in live action. Wildcat looks good and Hourman looks good for the most part, but the Doctor Midnight suit just doesn't.