Page 11 of 187 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161111 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    Yes it was!

But really don't understand why it's never Ted Knight as Starman?! The two Geoff Johns iterations (Smallville & Current) have both been Sylvester.
    This appears to be late in the JSA's history (it was only 10 years ago not in the Golden Age and the wording implied the JSA had been around a while and had a legacy), and it mentions Sylvester being the Star Spangled Kid before getting the rod/staff and becoming Starman, so I am assuming it is referencing/channeling the stories where Knight gave the Rod to Pemberton (which Sly then improved into the staff) and hoped Sly would be his heir since neither son was interested. That's a lot of convoluted backstory to include without much pay off to Courtney's story though, so the shorthand is to just make it Sly as Starman after being the Kid and let comics fans fill in the other backstory for themselves while the general audience doesn't need it to enjoy the show itself. Sly embodies the entirety of that story for comic fans but also presents a more accessible entry for non-fans.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Amazing Member

Pretty good premiere episode.

I was surprised where it ended I wanted more.

Incredible Member

pretty pathetic though the junior society consist of pretty much the losers club that courtney just met . how exactly are they suppose to oppose seasoned supervillains.

Incredible Member

Fantastic Member

I'm not normally fond of fake adult actors subbing for actual teens, but Brec Bassinger nails Courtney.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by tabo61 View Post
    Loved the first episode. The opening scene with the Justice Society was awesome.
    thought those green flames were from alan scott.who was it from though. the wizard energy was much lighter green. who grabbed dr midnight in that melee.

Really liked it. More fun than I thought it would be. Thought the stunt work and FX was pretty good. Hope they didn't blow the budget on the premier.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by marshal88 View Post
    thought those green flames were from alan scott.who was it from though. the wizard energy was much lighter green. who grabbed dr midnight in that melee.

Based of the people there I assume the Wizard can make black hands of energy. Really don't think it could have been anyone else.
    Last edited by Midvillian1322; 05-20-2020 at 04:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Based of the people there I assume the Wizard can make black hands of energy. Really don't think it could have been anyone else.
    When I saw the black hand, I was expecting Shade, but he didn't show up.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    This appears to be late in the JSA's history (it was only 10 years ago not in the Golden Age and the wording implied the JSA had been around a while and had a legacy), and it mentions Sylvester being the Star Spangled Kid before getting the rod/staff and becoming Starman, so I am assuming it is referencing/channeling the stories where Knight gave the Rod to Pemberton (which Sly then improved into the staff) and hoped Sly would be his heir since neither son was interested. That's a lot of convoluted backstory to include without much pay off to Courtney's story though, so the shorthand is to just make it Sly as Starman after being the Kid and let comics fans fill in the other backstory for themselves while the general audience doesn't need it to enjoy the show itself. Sly embodies the entirety of that story for comic fans but also presents a more accessible entry for non-fans.

-M
    I had completely forgot that even happened! That makes sense.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Incredible Member

problem with that was we saw the wizard busy with hourman , lifting him up with his wand at the same time whoever it was grabbed midnight

Extraordinary Member

Did Wildcat die? Or was he knocked unconscious when he flew out the window?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by marshal88 View Post
    pretty pathetic though the junior society consist of pretty much the losers club that courtney just met . how exactly are they suppose to oppose seasoned supervillains.
    Oh wow. That was completely lost on me. So Dr. Mid-Nite 2 isn't even a doctor? I guess I didn't realize that all of these characters would be teenagers!

Astonishing Member

I was thinking the Shade -- though I don't recall if he was capable of creating shapes from shadows.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Thought it was a fine first episode and looking forward to more.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?