Page 116 of 187 FirstFirst ... 1666106112113114115116117118119120126166 ... LastLast
Results 1,726 to 1,740 of 2791

It definitely seemed like Sylvester maybe took Pat for granted a little and didn't take him seriously...although I think it was clear he cared about him, which is why he didn't want Pat at the fight, and trusted him enough to shepherd the staff.

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    I was rewatching S1. Is it just me, or did Starmam come off as almost as big a jerk as Courtney's dad?
    Yeah they definitely wrote Starman to be a little to much of Joel McHale
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    Yeah they definitely wrote Starman to be a little to much of Joel McHale
    There's no such thing as too much Joel McHale. I think audiences would be disappointed if they tuned in for Joel McHale and they got something else. And we get little of him in the series as it is.

And there's a whole lot of caveats here. 1) The jerk father isn't Sylvester Pemberton (I forget who it is in the original comic, but he's not important). 2) The character McHale is playing isn't really anyone from the comics, so there's no reason for him to tone it down--yes he's Pemberton but a very different form of Pemberton. 3) He's called Starman not Skyman and he isn't Ted, David or Jack Knight. I think all of that gives him license to invent the character he wants to play.

Luke Wilson is very much playing Luke Wilson, too. He has the heart of Pat Dugan, but physically he's nothing like him. It's hard to see how McHale and Wilson could have been the Star-Spangled Kid and Stripesy that we know from the comics. Their character dynamics would need to have been different in their reality. And I'm not complaining, because it's not intended to be a faithful adaptation of the comic books.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    There's no such thing as too much Joel McHale. I think audiences would be disappointed if they tuned in for Joel McHale and they got something else. And we get little of him in the series as it is.

And there's a whole lot of caveats here. 1) The jerk father isn't Sylvester Pemberton (I forget who it is in the original comic, but he's not important). 2) The character McHale is playing isn't really anyone from the comics, so there's no reason for him to tone it down--yes he's Pemberton but a very different form of Pemberton. 3) He's called Starman not Skyman and he isn't Ted, David or Jack Knight. I think all of that gives him license to invent the character he wants to play.

Luke Wilson is very much playing Luke Wilson, too. He has the heart of Pat Dugan, but physically he's nothing like him. It's hard to see how McHale and Wilson could have been the Star-Spangled Kid and Stripesy that we know from the comics. Their character dynamics would need to have been different in their reality. And I'm not complaining, because it's not intended to be a faithful adaptation of the comic books.
    TV Pat isn't brawny like comic Pat but I feel like I can totally see him stumbling around trying to keep a wild and active Slyvester as the Star-Spangled Kid safe and trying to knock as much sense into him as he was doing with Courtney all throughout season 1.

Not long now.
    Only a few days to season 2

Quote Originally Posted by beatboks View Post
    Not long now.
    Only a few days to season 2
    Really looking forward to watching it with my kids. My daughter loves Stargirl.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

Ultimate Member

Everyone check their damn DVRs. The CW keeps changing the official name, and knocking it off my record schedule

Quote Originally Posted by InfamousBG View Post
    Really looking forward to watching it with my kids. My daughter loves Stargirl.
    Yeah I watched each ep of last season with all 3 of my kids. That's not happened with any other superhero show. I mean my older 2 both watched Loki, and Falcon and WS, my youngest also watched scarlet witch and Vision, my daughters watch Supergirl, my eldest watches Supes and Lois, my son watches Flash and the older 2 watch Lucifer but no other show together.

Kinda wierd wheb we see every super hero movie together

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Everyone check their damn DVRs. The CW keeps changing the official name, and knocking it off my record schedule
    Is tomorrow, 8/10, still the debut for S2 of Stargirl?
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Is tomorrow, 8/10, still the debut for S2 of Stargirl?
    According to my TV, yeah.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    According to my TV, yeah.
    Anybody know how long the wait before it goes on HBO Max?

Anybody know how long the wait before it goes on HBO Max?
    Either when the series is down or at the mid-point. I think Superman and Lois had a few of its episodes uploaded midway into its run.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Either when the series is down or at the mid-point. I think Superman and Lois had a few of its episodes uploaded midway into its run.
    I'll miss you guys til then.

One thing I'd love in S2 or a spinoff is a Shining Knight, restored to every inch of his deserved glory (as opposed to being a troubled janitor). I was lukewarm on SK, until I realized how much of Flessel's Knight was in Kirby's Thor, and especially until I saw what Thomas could do with him in [I]All-Star Squadron/I].

Which night is this coming on? Have I missed the season premiere?

I'll miss you guys til then.

One thing I'd love in S2 or a spinoff is a Shining Knight, restored to every inch of his deserved glory (as opposed to being a troubled janitor). I was lukewarm on SK, until I realized how much of Flessel's Knight was in Kirby's Thor, and especially until I saw what Thomas could do with him in [I]All-Star Squadron/I].
    I wonder if they'll update us on his quest to reunite the Seven Soldiers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Which night is this coming on? Have I missed the season premiere?
    Tomorrow night.