Page 118 of 187 FirstFirst ... 1868108114115116117118119120121122128168 ... LastLast
Results 1,756 to 1,770 of 2791
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I'm curious to see how successful Cindy will be in recruiting a new ISA. Artemis is a lock. She's hyper aggressive and she'll have a bone to pick with Courtney after the lunch room scene. I'll manage she will an easy one to manipulate

Issac will the easiest to recruit. He bullied in season one and the guy just lost his mom. What we saw of him he's definitely not in a good place. It won't take much to get him to the dark side.

Cameron will be a wild card. I find it so hard to believe this kid can ever be a villain. I'm curious as to where he went to after his dad died. Grandparents still keeping in the dark.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonlight_night78 View Post
    I think it's supposed to be his daughter. The credits show a her as "Rebecca McNider"and the older woman as "Myra McNider" who was his supposed to be his love interest in the Golden Age comics
    I guess that makes it even more important that Beth fix the goggles since OG Mid-Nite might know more about Eclipso.
    Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I'm curious to see how successful Cindy will be in recruiting a new ISA. Artemis is a lock. She's hyper aggressive and she'll have a bone to pick with Courtney after the lunch room scene. I'll manage she will an easy one to manipulate

Issac will the easiest to recruit. He bullied in season one and the guy just lost his mom. What we saw of him he's definitely not in a good place. It won't take much to get him to the dark side.

Cameron will be a wild card. I find it so hard to believe this kid can ever be a villain. I'm curious as to where he went to after his dad died. Grandparents still keeping in the dark.
    I wouldn't be surprised if Cindy tells Isaac that the JSA were behind his mom's death.

Maybe a two-pronged manipulation of Cameron by Cindy and his grandparents would be enough to break him. Although it's kind of funny that Cindy is also planning to recruit the kid who actually took Cameron's dad out.

Incredible Member

No doubt that is some dark humor.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by beatboks View Post
    I thought they sort of covered that in the final of season 1 when Pat referred to "they always come up with something" and the fact it was referred to on the news as some natural disaster.

Clearly some Govt agency comes up with a cover story for the wider community to keep the knowledge of what happens to a minimum. Probably to prevent widespread panic. So the numbers that know of them are small
    I think I recall a newspaper headline that said something along the lines of "Justice Society Dead" or something like that. So obviously the public knows they exist, it's just a question of how much they care or give them much thought. It's strange how some superhero universes treat their heroes. I doubt the JSA were marching in the Macy's Thanksgiving day parade or anything, but they were clearly public figures in the sense that the public knew they existed in some form. They may have been more urban legend than public figures. Certainly not in the same sense that the JLA are. Think more Batman than Superman. If they really have been around since the 1940s, as is implied, then the public may have just become so accustomed to them being part of the background that they stopped giving them any thought years ago. It would make sense that the younger generation might not know of them in the same way that you might not know about a band that your parents listened to because they broke up before you were born. The JSA have always been more mystery men than public figures.
    Assassinate Putin!

Incredible Member

Fair.

Keep in mind that when they first set up the JSA, if you had your own title you were only an associate.
    Rather ridiculous that they had Wonder Woman as the secretary.

I wonder how Rick's home life is now. I don't see him still living with his abusive uncle. Maybe he got a hold of his parents fortune and living on his own.

I'm curious about his reasons for taking care of Grundy. That's not how I expect him to treat the guy who murdered his parents.

Ultimate Member

Maybe he figured out that Grundy didn't do it because it was his idea, that Grundy was perhaps a victim in all of that as well...

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Maybe he figured out that Grundy didn't do it because it was his idea, that Grundy was perhaps a victim in all of that as well...
    Yeah, by now, without the threat of the ISA, Rick's had time to process the situation. You don't keep a willing, trusted ally locked up in a cage.

Incredible Member

There was a lot about Rick that didn't come through in this episode. Maybe we will see more as the season unfolds.

Maybe Rick's living in his car...

It feels like it's been so long since the last season ended. I have to say, I did miss this show. But now that it's on the CW, I'm wondering what deleted scenes there are (since season one had longer episodes on streaming).

I thought the flashback with Eclipso went on for a bit too long (although loved the creepiness) and the episode was slow in general, but I think that's kind of the point. I love the namedrops and having guys like Flash and Green Lantern take down villains. I want to see Blackbriar Thorn! Although I probably feel most sorry for Beth (I even kind of feel sorry for Artemis), I am most interested in seeing more of Rick and what'll happen with him and Grundy.

I know superhero first meeting fights are the equivalent of shaking hands, but Courtney vs. Jade was super unnecessary. I guess we'll see next episode what Jade's deal is.

Quote Originally Posted by beatboks View Post
    Since CW purchased exclusive rights I would imagine it won't be until after the season finishes on CW. It's purely speculation on my part based on how it works here in Australia. Shows that stream on the likes prime, Netflix, and Stan don't go to those services until the season finishes on the network they air on
    Batwoman season 2 was just added to HBOMAX. Took about a month after the season ended.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Didn't even ask why he had a robot, just wanted to get a flamethrower installed in it. Excellent.
    He understood why a man would want a robot. I love this friend of Pat's. Hope he isn't evil.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Sylvester finds Pat's ex-wife and, presumably, Mike's mother in his search for Pat. Really curious to see where this storyline is going.

Cindy is planning "Injustice Unlimited" with the ISA kids and...Mike? Why him? As a "screw you" to Courtney by using her brother? Or does Mike have some kind of unforeseen ISA ties? I guess we're just going to forget about Gambler's daughter Hazard.
    Does Mike's mother have an ISA connection? What do we know about her from the comics?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Oh hey, Earth-2 Thinker! Well-timed .
    True, but if they use him on this show, it'll be hard not to compare him to the Peter Capaldi version.

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    Is it just me or does Starman seem kind of evil? I don't think that's the real Starman, but I guess time will tell.
    Last season I thought we might be seeing Jack Knight, but now I'm thinking this is some sort of evil duplicate Sylvester Pemberton.

Quote Originally Posted by RobinGA View Post
    The knowledge of the JSA is an interesting question. I suspect the show will keep it all fairly ambiguous.

There will be history that will be picked up from time to time, without it really being explained. I suppose
    you could argue that fits with the "it all happened." But without getting into great detail, keeping a show
    focused on young people growing up as superheroes in Nebraska. I doubt we are going to get more than that.
    Didn't at one point they say all the Easter Eggs were going to become plot relevant?

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    Last season I thought we might be seeing Jack Knight, but now I'm thinking this is some sort of evil duplicate Sylvester Pemberton.
    I do believe Jack will be showing up. Scroll back a page or three and you will see some photos I posted that were making the rounds from shooting.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post

I know superhero first meeting fights are the equivalent of shaking hands, but Courtney vs. Jade was super unnecessary. I guess we'll see next episode what Jade's deal is.
    Jade broke into her house to steal the lantern. That would be a fight under any circumstance.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    I think I recall a newspaper headline that said something along the lines of "Justice Society Dead" or something like that.
    They're on Wikipedia, so they are known. With their powers, they would have to be as famous as anybody you could think of (unless this universe has had super-powered people for centuries by this point, which doesn't appear to be the case here). Sloppy and condescending writing, IMO.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Pretty good season opener. One bad cliche but I will allow it as it can be seen as an outgrowth of Courtney wanting to fight when there have been no bad guys.

First Jade could've shown up in the morning but Courtney should've said something like "You've got 5 seconds to tell me who you are and why you have that lantern" or something.

The dog breaks the tie....lets go camping.

We all knew that the door marked Employees Only was coming back first chance he had right. As noted...why no lock. Still my first instinct would be "how can I upgrade this" as well. :-D

Eclipso as the season big bad has me intrigued. The two stories I really like with him are the 90s Annual crossover event: Darkness Within and the New52 Amethyst title which ended too soon. Clearly that was meant to go longer.

Sylvester saying he is looking for her ex-husband and her answer....which one made me chuckle.

Our school district waits one week from end of semester school year to starting summer school. The HS stuff is not very on point but hey, that is not surprising on these shows.

I'm waiting for Jack Knight and a full Eclipso reveal at this point. Let's go.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime