Page 122 of 187 FirstFirst ... 2272112118119120121122123124125126132172 ... LastLast
Results 1,816 to 1,830 of 2791

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    I was talking about if we actually lived on an Earth with superheroes and how we would really react to them, which wouldn't be with indifference.
    Depends, if it's been going on for a century? Could be like mild celebrities. Still, it's not out of reason to think their world is different for various reasons.

If drones were really comparable to people with super powers (not to mention those from different worlds), then I might agree with you.
    In destructive power they kind of are. A drone strike would've taken out the ISA except maybe Grundy had the government known.

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    The existence of super powers would have scientists all over the world obsessed with them. So them being ignored is ridiculous.

Also, I just cannot abide Pat as a rather, slow, fumbling Ward Cleaver personality and Captain Midnight is so pathetic as a person to grate on me. Kid needs serious therapy and is out of her depth.

The only redeeming part of this episode was Jade.
    Pat is epic. Love him.

Now I will grant you that Beth sucks whole heartedly as Dr. Midnite 2.0 and the idea of her in the field is a laughable one, but I am here for her story and how that plays out with her parents and splitting up and all that cuz that is a harsh hand she is getting dealt and i'm curious to see how long she can cover it with her bubbly friendliness and upbeat outlook.
    Geek / Gamer / Filmmaker / Indy Pro Wrestler
    @SebastionEnvi (Twitter/Instagram)
    youtube.com/SkunkLifeMedia

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Is Hourman bulletproof with Miraclo? I kind of forget...
    Comics version no.
    Miraclo makes him stronger and faster (can keep up with a car). It also makes him not feel pain.

Golden Age Rex based on feats was around a 10 to 15 tonner. SA more like a 40 to 50. 90s plus Rick seemed to jump to around 80 odd. He also unexplainably gained a future vision where he could see an hour into the future. I never got why, I mean they already had a character called sandman with mild precog in the JSA.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Depends, if it's been going on for a century? Could be like mild celebrities. Still, it's not out of reason to think their world is different for various reasons.
    Their world is inhabited with a bunch of morons if the JSA would only be mild celebrities: "Yeah, I know they saved a the Earth a few times now, but ho hum, Gladys!*"

* I actually have never met a Gladys, truth be known.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

In destructive power they kind of are. A drone strike would've taken out the ISA except maybe Grundy had the government known.
    Okay, what would make your jaw drop down farther - a drone strike or the JSA in action?

Your honor, the people rest their case.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    Captain Midnite - sorry - a slip from my youth. I know most of this is PIS but sometimes it grates. The takeover attempt from last season would have Homeland Security flooding Mayberry - or whatever you call where they live. Also, building an advanced robot takes sophisticated parts and knowledge that seems beyond Pat's mental level. It's also probably illegal as a destructive device.

The staff is also probably illegal as an energy weapon wielded by a minor unless there is some secret superhero exemption. Wander around town with a rifle as a kid, see the law!

But PIS rules.

Yeah, the gun rule. It's like the no-kill rule. Introduce competent firearms and killing and most of the superhero plots go bye-bye unless you have invulnerable types or speedsters. If you see competitive shooters they could shoot a bunched up JSA in about 2.5 seconds.
    1. Homeland security doesn't know what everyone is doing. If they did 9/11 wouldn't have happened.

2. Comics Pat was a mechanic who had studied engineering. He built a flying rocket car in the 1940s and had several patents to his name.

3. The law rarely keeps up with technology. As energy blasters don't exist there wouldn't be a law to control them. Even if there was with the US constitution right to bare arms its not like they could legally take it. US police can't even take automatic weapons

Their world is inhabited with a bunch of morons if the JSA would only be mild celebrities: "Yeah, I know they saved a the Earth a few times now, but ho hum, Gladys!*"

* I actually have never met a Gladys, truth be known.
    Except they don't know that. Remember, Pat said "they" (whoever "they" are) always come up with a cover story. So for what the people actually know it's more "Yeah, I know they stopped a few bank robberies or something else like that, but ho hum, Gladys!*"

*Same, must've been a name common more in the 40s?

Okay, what would make your jaw drop down farther - a drone strike or the JSA in action?

The people don't rest their case as new evidence is suddenly brought in: the people never actually see the JSA in action. We do, but they don't get to watch the show becuase they live in it and never see it because it's all done out of their sight.

Quote Originally Posted by beatboks View Post
    1. Homeland security doesn't know what everyone is doing. If they did 9/11 wouldn't have happened.

2. Comics Pat was a mechanic who had studied engineering. He built a flying rocket car in the 1940s and had several patents to his name.

3. The law rarely keeps up with technology. As energy blasters don't exist there wouldn't be a law to control them. Even if there was with the US constitution right to bare arms its not like they could legally take it. US police can't even take automatic weapons
    Homeland Security didn't exist before 9/11. The department was created in response to 9/11.

And in response to a few others here: my g/f has a cousin named Gladys, and she's around 40 years old.
    Watching television is not an activity.

Ultimate Member

We end lives in foreign countries with the push of a button, no trial and often, too little evidence.

In the 90s, people were appalled by such a thing.

Now...

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    And in response to a few others here: my g/f has a cousin named Gladys, and she's around 40 years old.
    Wow, that is surprising!

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    We end lives in foreign countries with the push of a button, no trial and often, too little evidence.

In the 90s, people were appalled by such a thing.

Now...
    Come on, I'm talking about the technology of drones, not killing people with them. I just can't buy anybody on this site not being as impressed with a superhero in reality over a drone.

The people don't rest their case as new evidence is suddenly brought in: the people never actually see the JSA in action. We do, but they don't get to watch the show becuase they live in it and never see it because it's all done out of their sight.
    There had to be some video evidence of their exploits or there wouldn't have been headline news when they died.

Come on, I'm talking about the technology of drones, not killing people with them. I just can't buy anybody on this site not being as impressed with a superhero in reality over a drone.
    On this site sure. But in the world presented in Stargirl where you don't see the heroes or hear about any remotely impressive exploit? I can buy it.