Page 128 of 187 FirstFirst ... 2878118124125126127128129130131132138178 ... LastLast
Results 1,906 to 1,920 of 2791

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    It might be fun to introduce another experienced hero other than Pat for the kids to admire. It would be the flip of Courtney's reaction to Jennie, who seems so much better as a hero. I wouldn't expect him to stick around for long though, just long enough for Pat to have a nice arc where he regains his confidence, and to highlight how he's really the best to train these kids because of his humanity and ability to sympathize with the kids due to being a father. (which Fate/Nabu wouldn't, despite all his power, etc... )
    Even with Jennie, on paper she seems like everything Courtney thought she was in the first season, but part of it is just an act.

She didn't look for her father's Lantern because she cared about her father's legacy or about being a Superhero but because she wants to find Todd. Even her first major construct was Todd's toy car.

Astonishing Member

I'd opt for Jay as the next experienced member -- maybe part-time so as not to take away from the premise of a junior team -- and not to diminish Pat's role. I know the team fared well against the ISA -- even though they were very outclassed, but they definitely need another experienced member.

As for Dr. Fate -- I'm a Hector as Fate fan, but I guess he could be cast with an Egyptian actor easily enough. I'd prefer a legacy to the new guy in comics who just never seemed to have much of an impact.

I'd also like to see another female hero added to the classic JSA retroactively. They could explain she left the team at some point -- thus not being in the team photo. My preference would be Fury or Power Girl -- since Black Canary and especially Wonder Woman seem unlikely.

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    I'd opt for Jay as the next experienced member -- maybe part-time so as not to take away from the premise of a junior team -- and not to diminish Pat's role. I know the team fared well against the ISA -- even though they were very outclassed, but they definitely need another experienced member.

As for Dr. Fate -- I'm a Hector as Fate fan, but I guess he could be cast with an Egyptian actor easily enough. I'd prefer a legacy to the new guy in comics who just never seemed to have much of an impact.

I'd also like to see another female hero added to the classic JSA retroactively. They could explain she left the team at some point -- thus not being in the team photo. My preference would be Fury or Power Girl -- since Black Canary and especially Wonder Woman seem unlikely.
    Fury or Power Girl would make sense with Infinity Inc. Although now I realize Pat and Rick are the only guys on the team, aside from assuming Jakeem joins or Mike I guess.

Ultimate Member

And Power Girl could cause some problems for some depending on how she'd be portrayed, not saying no for her...

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post

They could also do Miss America (who was also retroactively added after COIE) Hawkgirl and or red Tornado (Ma Hunkle).

I think the most obvious other older JSAer to show up should be Hawkman. The re-incarnation thing would allow a younger Hawkman who still has experience. We didn't see HM in the battle from 2010 so he could have died earlier and the new reincarnated one could be in his 20s

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I would like to see Atom Smasher join the team. Once Rick mellows out he can be the team hothead.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I would like to see Atom Smasher join the team. Once Rick mellows out he can be the team hothead.
    I think Atom-Smasher being in the Black Adam movie rules that out.

Maybe we could have Albert as Atom-Smasher in Black Adam, and Albert as Nuklon on Stargirl.
    Watching television is not an activity.

Mighty Member

Definitely not smart of Mike to wish away the pen like that.

Solid episode.
    So does Mike still join the new ISA? What will be his power?
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Solid episode.
    So does Mike still join the new ISA? What will be his power?
    Wicked newspaper throwing and mad cycling skills.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think Atom-Smasher being in the Black Adam movie rules that out.
    the Black Adam movie means that Dr. Fate, the Hawks, Cyclone and Atom Smasher will be off the table, in theory. WB may be allowing two Flashes to exists (and meet each other!), but I'm not confident they'll allow two versions of a single character in film and on TV at the same time.

Quick question for those who have a deeper understand than I do- is The Shade actually a villain? I seem to recall some stories where he works with the heroes, and some where he works against them. But I don't think he's a straight-up villain.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    the Black Adam movie means that Dr. Fate, the Hawks, Cyclone and Atom Smasher will be off the table, in theory. WB may be allowing two Flashes to exists (and meet each other!), but I'm not confident they'll allow two versions of a single character in film and on TV at the same time.

Quick question for those who have a deeper understand than I do- is The Shade actually a villain? I seem to recall some stories where he works with the heroes, and some where he works against them. But I don't think he's a straight-up villain.
    We also have Supes in DCEU (with talk after another possible movie) and Superman and Lois. I'm not sure the old rules for DC apply.

The way Robinson handled him in his Starman series was that he was neutral, and could play both sides of the fence as it were. Sort of depends on where his interests lie ànd how he interacts with the good guy he's currently involved with. He liked Jack Knight and would help him a lot
    Last edited by beatboks; 08-24-2021 at 10:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by beatboks View Post
    We also have Supes in DCEU (with talk after another possible movie) and Superman and Lois. I'm not sure the old rules for DC apply.
    Do we? Is there talk of another possible movie? All I've heard seems to point DCEU Supes is getting replaced by his multiversal cousin.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Do we? Is there talk of another possible movie? All I've heard seems to point DCEU Supes is getting replaced by his multiversal cousin.
    I read something a couple of months ago about a proposed reboot of Superman under JJ Abram's and scripted by Ta-Nehisi Coates. It seemed to be a confirmed story at the time. It may have fallen through though. I recall it being before the Snyder JLA release when I was looking for news of that