Page 131 of 187 FirstFirst ... 3181121127128129130131132133134135141181 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,965 of 2791
    www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

After seemingly forever, I finally caught the latest episode and I loved it of course.

Great background on Pat with Johnny.

Growth with Mike. Was nice to see him realize what he thought he wanted for so long (at least since he ran over Icicle) but found out it really wasn't and he was OK with it (so it seemed). Good learning moment for Pat to realize how alone Mike felt with all the hero stuff going on.

Glad Yolanda is still working through the Brainwave stuff. Beth having a personal stake in taking the Shade down was good.

Beth having a personal stake in things is good...will this lead to her making some not so smart decisions to try and get 'justice' for Dr. Midnight...maybe she will start to go dark and it takes Yolanda to talk her off the ledge.

Really wondering what the Shade's endgame is. When he says Eclipso will kill the kids, if he talking the Jr. JSA...the kids in Blue Valley....what care does he have...does he want to use Eclipso, recapture him--realizing what a huge threat he is to everything including himself....what does he want....I am very curious and can't wait to see if play out.

I did start to get nervous during the Barb/Pat conversation when she noted that Mike and herself we still a part of the team, albeit in a different capacity. I had flashbacks to Iris' 'we are the Flash'. I was ready to punch my TV if Bard said 'we are the JSA'

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    What's the back story of the jsa on this show? Because if they were active in the 2000s, their costumes could've been a lot flashier. Johnny thunder in particular looked like he stepped out of the 1940s, which Would've been fine, if that's where they were. I think I like the shade, and the thunderbolt.
    I don't really dwell on the time period since it would take some....doing to make it work...I liken it to Burton's Batman movies...where the world it takes place just have a retro/modern vibe to it, so we can still have those retro ish kinda looks but in a more moden setting.,

Last edited by KabutoRyder; 08-31-2021 at 12:40 PM.
    Geek / Gamer / Filmmaker / Indy Pro Wrestler
    @SebastionEnvi (Twitter/Instagram)
    youtube.com/SkunkLifeMedia

Mighty Member

Great to see Sportsmaster and Tigress again.

Artemis's story was heartbreaking. It was sweet how much her parents really love her, but of course it doesn't go well.

The scene with the Crocks at Pat's house was cute and I found it amusing. However, it really made no sense why the Crocks reached out to Pat - the show didn't do a good job demonstrating why they really needed him.

It's kind of surreal how wholesome and genuine the stuff with the Crock's comes off knowing the parents are violent and unremorseful killers, but they genuinely love their daughter and each other and Artemis doesn't deserve the flaws of her upbringing or being stuck in a crummy foster care.

So...did the JSA kill Bruce Gordon to stop Eclipso since he was Eclipso's human host? That's why they don't want anyone knowing what happened with Eclipso? It reminds me of that issue of Starman where I think either The Shade or Ted Knight talked about the JSA killing Ragman when he threatened their loved ones.

Well, at least that teacher actually apologized when she realized Rick wasn't teaching, and called him "Mr. Tyler."

Way to twist the knife further into Cindy by bringing up her birth mother who she also killed, and apparently said birth mother was trying to keep her away from Dragon King until she got killed.

I love how in Cindy's ISA only she and Artemis are actually wearing costumes. If that is Artemis, she looked like some weird hockey cosplayer. Cameron, Isaac, and Mike are just chilling in their casual clothes.

Is...is Artemis a Metahuman? Some of her physical feats seem even beyond peak human, especially those passes.

Isaac is on his way to becoming Fiddler III. Cindy screwed up Artemis' chances for a football scholarship so she can put her anger to work with the ISA as...Sportmaster II? Tigress II? Just Artemis? Well, whatever that works. She's definitely making them feel like Courtney and the JSA are the source of all their pain, even though it was the Crock's who killed Isaac's mom.

Yolanda looks cute as a waitress, even if she's still got a ways to go before she's good at it.

House of Secrets! Ha!

Bruce Gordon. Famous adventurer, doomer of human society for bringing Eclipso back from Diablo Island.

I've never seen two Supervillains break out of prison to see their daughters' football game and then hold up their promise to go back to prison after they do it. The Crock's bonding with the Whitmore's in-spite of everything was...something. At least they were honest with Artemis about why they were in prison.

I think the Crock's being psycho's is probably why they and the rest of the ISA didn't quite gel together. Well, that and them killing one of their co-workers.

Shade might not be a good guy, but even he doesn't want Eclipso out there.

So, yeah, Charles McNider is still alive, the Shade's just trapped him in his shadow world. This actually might be better than Beth bringing Chuck back because McNider knows more about The Shade and he can actually train Beth to become his proper successor.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Shade might not be a good guy, but even he doesn't want Eclipso out there.
    I'm guessing there's going to be more to it than what he told Courtney. (I'm actually wondering if maybe Shade and Gordon knew each other back in the day?)
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 08-31-2021 at 10:31 PM.

I wonder if Dr. Midnite is literally trapped within him and maybe had a calming effect on his personality?

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    I wonder if Dr. Midnite is literally trapped within him and maybe had a calming effect on his personality?
    I kind of wondered if there hadn’t been some crossover there.

Though IIRC, Shade was always one of those villains that ran the line between ‘bad’ and ‘evil’ as he said in the episode. Pretty sure he even teamed up several times with Ted Knight.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Incredible Member

I didn't hate the episode as a whole, it just seemed to move rather slowly.

I thought the whole supervilliains hang out with the Dugans was just so bizarre and awkward.
    The longer it went on, my thought process was well this has to end soon, then they
    kept milking it for more whatever it was.

To be honest, I only got really excited at the end. Charles McNider might be alive? Dr. Midnite (the original one)
    trapped in a dimension? Now we are talking. Something might happen other than waiting
    for Eclipso to show up! But to be honest that is the whole motif of the show. Some slow moving
    action, a little retro weirdness, then some slight of hand by the producers/writers at the very end.
    But I am a JSA fan, so I'm not complaining that much, just wish well it was a little different.

Quote Originally Posted by RobinGA View Post

I thought the whole supervilliains hang out with the Dugans was just so bizarre and awkward.
    The longer it went on, my thought process was well this has to end soon, then they

To be honest, I only got really excited at the end. Charles McNider might be alive? Dr. Midnite (the original one)
    trapped in a dimension? Now we are talking. Something might happen other than waiting
    for Eclipso to show up! But to be honest that is the whole motif of the show. Some slow moving
    action, a little retro weirdness, then some slight of hand by the producers/writers at the very end.
    But I am a JSA fan, so I'm not complaining that much, just wish well it was a little different.
    May I ask, do you like the main characters? (the kids and Pat) Are they the focus of your interest in this show? From this response it seems you're waiting around for all the other stuff to take center stage.

I think they're just building up to the bigger action set pieces and focusing more on the characters and slowing things down before it escalates.

Incredible Member

Do I like the main characters? Yes.

Are they the focus of your interest? Sure.

But what I would like to see is more character development, along with a connection to the main story. They
    have a real opportunity to tackle teenage superheroes who are ultimately going to grow up into iconic
    superheroes. It seems to me that they are just wasting time. The character part of the story remains
    largely undeveloped.

Do I like Pat? I love Pat. He is a great guy, a loving husband, a Dad trying to hold it all together, while struggling with being
    a father. That said he at times makes ridiculous decisions. I had thought we would see him reaching out more to Mike in this show,
    but perhaps that is coming. But then don't we all? One change for me would
    be not letting the dog vote on family vacations. But Pat's judgment isn't the best (but he may just be written that way) especially
    when coming up with the attack on Shade in last week's show.

We also don't get to see much of them working on them sharpening their skills. Which you would think is
    something young heroes would be doing. I don't necessarily need to say a lot of this, but considering how easily
    Shade dispatched them, showing how they would grow as heroes would be enjoyable.

They have teased the confrontations to come for a while, but then mainly talk about it, followed by a rush
    of action at the end. It is hard to miss.

I'm not unhappy at all with the show, just seems some things could be tightened up. The show does
    move slowly, but that could just be the languid dynamic the producers want to convey. This is the JSA after all
    for me, not going to see a book for a while, I'm enjoying the ride. Just would like to see a little more. For me
    these are the most iconic characters in the DC Universe, just a notch below the trinity, so let us see them
    move forward. I'm really hoping by the end of this season that will be clear. After all, the JSA matters to me, a
    lot.

Do I like the main characters? Yes.

Are they the focus of your interest? Sure.

But what I would like to see is more character development, along with a connection to the main story. They
    have a real opportunity to tackle teenage superheroes who are ultimately going to grow up into iconic
    superheroes. It seems to me that they are just wasting time. The character part of the story remains
    largely undeveloped.

Do I like Pat? I love Pat. He is a great guy, a loving husband, a Dad trying to hold it all together, while struggling with being
    a father. That said he at times makes ridiculous decisions. I had thought we would see him reaching out more to Mike in this show,
    but perhaps that is coming. But then don't we all? One change for me would
    be not letting the dog vote on family vacations. But Pat's judgment isn't the best (but he may just be written that way) especially
    when coming up with the attack on Shade in last week's show.

We also don't get to see much of them working on them sharpening their skills. Which you would think is
    something young heroes would be doing. I don't necessarily need to say a lot of this, but considering how easily
    Shade dispatched them, showing how they would grow as heroes would be enjoyable.

They have teased the confrontations to come for a while, but then mainly talk about it, followed by a rush
    of action at the end. It is hard to miss.

I'm not unhappy at all with the show, just seems some things could be tightened up. The show does
    move slowly, but that could just be the languid dynamic the producers want to convey. This is the JSA after all
    for me, not going to see a book for a while, I'm enjoying the ride. Just would like to see a little more. For me
    these are the most iconic characters in the DC Universe, just a notch below the trinity, so let us see them
    move forward. I'm really hoping by the end of this season that will be clear. After all, the JSA matters to me, a
    lot.
    I think we are seeing some character development.

Courtney's trying to be a more mature Stargirl.

Rick is coming into his own and maturing.

Yolanda is still dealing with killing Brainwave.

Beth is dealing with her reliance on Chuck and the issue with her parents.

Astonishing Member

Let's all spare a thought for the Artemis fans who came over from Young Justice. This season might be hard on them.

Quote Originally Posted by AdamFTF View Post
    Let's all spare a thought for the Artemis fans who came over from Young Justice. This season might be hard on them.
    Well, this version of the character seems like they're aiming closer to the comics version than the YJ version. I was expecting as much from her first appearance.

At least you can kind of understand her emotional issues.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, this version of the character seems like they're aiming closer to the comics version than the YJ version. I was expecting as much from her first appearance.

At least you can kind of understand her emotional issues.
    Yeah, it's just hard to see your favorite hero (or who you thought was a hero) as a villain. Especially if they do any particularly dirty deeds.