Page 132 of 187 FirstFirst ... 3282122128129130131132133134135136142182 ... LastLast
Results 1,966 to 1,980 of 2791
    Incredible Member

We don't know the full arc yet.

You never know.

I would agree they certainly have her lined up that way.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by RobinGA View Post
    We don't know the full arc yet.

You never know.

I would agree they certainly have her lined up that way.
    True. That's why I said it MIGHT be hard on them.

I think there's a chance they might redeem some of the ISA kids.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RobinGA View Post
    I didn't hate the episode as a whole, it just seemed to move rather slowly.

I thought the whole supervilliains hang out with the Dugans was just so bizarre and awkward.
    The longer it went on, my thought process was well this has to end soon, then they
    kept milking it for more whatever it was.

To be honest, I only got really excited at the end. Charles McNider might be alive? Dr. Midnite (the original one)
    trapped in a dimension? Now we are talking. Something might happen other than waiting
    for Eclipso to show up! But to be honest that is the whole motif of the show. Some slow moving
    action, a little retro weirdness, then some slight of hand by the producers/writers at the very end.
    But I am a JSA fan, so I'm not complaining that much, just wish well it was a little different.
    The pacing of show this is obviously made for streaming even though it's airing on network TV.

I wish I had supervillain parents like the Crocks.

I'm not quite sure why Rick would lie to the others about Grundy and say he's feeding his dog. Is he worried they or Pat will want to kill him? Was getting a job Yolanda's idea or was it something else her parents forced her into?

Loved seeing Courtney talking to Shade in the library. He was certainly in his element there.

The Crocks were hilarious. I think Crusher genuinely wants Pat to keep up his exercise routine, and him making fun of the Shade's clothes was priceless. Barbara got Paula to try coffee? That might be the most impressive defeat of a villain we've seen yet.

Quote Originally Posted by AdamFTF View Post
    I think it has to do with Eclipso. After all, he went after the McNiders in the opening to this season.

A lot of this season goes back to shadows and darkness.

The Shade creates shadows. Obsidian (notably absent) can turn into a shadow. Eclipso traditionally only manifested when there was an eclipse (when a shadow falls over the sun or moon). And Dr. Mid-Nite can see in darkness. Hey, here's an idea: what if this show's Dr. Mid-Nite's blackout bombs didn't just create black smoke but channeled shadow energy from the Shadowlands to create areas of artificial shadow? Maybe that's why we haven't seen them yet.
    That would be interesting. Eclipso specifically targeted the McNider family. Shade might need to use Dr. Mid-Nite to fight Eclipso. I'm looking forward to seeing him meet Beth, but something tells me he isn't going to stick around to stay as a hero and be another mentor to the team. He's got to officially pass the mantle onto Beth, which will mean either his retirement or death.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    However, it really made no sense why the Crocks reached out to Pat - the show didn't do a good job demonstrating why they really needed him.
    I guess they needed him to hide them and keep an eye out for the authorities. They knew they could get him to do it if they threatened Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Is...is Artemis a Metahuman? Some of her physical feats seem even beyond peak human, especially those passes.
    I was wondering that too. Unless her aggression and adrenaline are really that strong.

Quote Originally Posted by AdamFTF View Post
    Let's all spare a thought for the Artemis fans who came over from Young Justice. This season might be hard on them.
    They're probably wondering where Cheshire is and when Wally is going to show up.

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    I'm not quite sure why Rick would lie to the others about Grundy and say he's feeding his dog. Is he worried they or Pat will want to kill him? Was getting a job Yolanda's idea or was it something else her parents forced her into?
    I think he's less worried about them killing Grundy so much as just telling him not to take care of Grundy or not understanding why he's doing it.

I could see her parents forcing her to get a job, although maybe she's just working to pay her way out of her parents' house or to keep her mind off Brainwave.
    The Crocks were hilarious. I think Crusher genuinely wants Pat to keep up his exercise routine, and him making fun of the Shade's clothes was priceless. Barbara got Paula to try coffee? That might be the most impressive defeat of a villain we've seen yet.
    I was kind of surprised the Crocks' didn't seem to take any of the fight with the heroes last season personally.
    That would be interesting. Eclipso specifically targeted the McNider family. Shade might need to use Dr. Mid-Nite to fight Eclipso. I'm looking forward to seeing him meet Beth, but something tells me he isn't going to stick around to stay as a hero and be another mentor to the team. He's got to officially pass the mantle onto Beth, which will mean either his retirement or death.
    Somebody let Hooty know there are two Mid-Nite's now.
    They're probably wondering where Cheshire is and when Wally is going to show up.
    I remember people speculating Jake Austin Walker (Brainwave Jr.) was playing Wally (the actor said he wanted to play him).

Was getting a job Yolanda's idea or was it something else her parents forced her into?

Loved seeing Courtney talking to Shade in the library. He was certainly in his element there.

My first thought when I saw her waitressing was that she was doing it as a way to get out of the house during the day to somewhere she could meet the rest of the team (that or her parents forced her so she'dhave a structured place to be). I mean her parents made her do summer school so she was supervised she probably has to be somewhere they can know she won't do anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I noticed Issac was eavesdropping on Court and Yelena convo in class. They might have just ousted themselves without realizing it.
    Yelena? I assume you mean Yolanda.

It's kind of surreal how wholesome and genuine the stuff with the Crock's comes off knowing the parents are violent and unremorseful killers, but they genuinely love their daughter and each other and Artemis doesn't deserve the flaws of her upbringing or being stuck in a crummy foster care.

Well, at least that teacher actually apologized when she realized Rick wasn't teaching, and called him "Mr. Tyler."

I love how in Cindy's ISA only she and Artemis are actually wearing costumes. If that is Artemis, she looked like some weird hockey cosplayer. Cameron, Isaac, and Mike are just chilling in their casual clothes.

Is...is Artemis a Metahuman? Some of her physical feats seem even beyond peak human, especially those passes.

Isaac is on his way to becoming Fiddler III. Cindy screwed up Artemis' chances for a football scholarship so she can put her anger to work with the ISA as...Sportmaster II? Tigress II? Just Artemis? Well, whatever that works. She's definitely making them feel like Courtney and the JSA are the source of all their pain, even though it was the Crock's who killed Isaac's mom.
    Yeah, you're right, Artemis is unlucky and doesn't deserve her fate.

Cheating, not teaching, lol.

Well, it is what Artemis's father wears. It makes sense that the others lack costumes as their predecessors didn't have proper costumes either - and in Mike's case it'd be a spoiler, as we don't know what powers Cindy has planned for him.

Yeah, Artemis shouldn't have been capable of that, especially as she hasn't been getting her sports diet recently. In fact, she shouldn't have needed Cindy to ruin her tryout. She should've been rejected on suspicion of using performance enhancing drugs instead. Cindy could still have taken advantage of that to recruit her.

Based on the costume Cindy imagined, she'd be Sportsmaster II, but in both Young Justice and the comics, she's Tigress II.

I think there's a chance they might redeem some of the ISA kids.
    Yeah, I can see Artemis eventually switching sides. She nearly heel face turned in the comics 11 years ago too - she and Icicle Jr had a teamup with Hourman and Liberty Belle (Jesse Quick). The New 52 reboot ruined things and she promptly turned up as a Teen Titans villain (which they shouldn't have done - they could've used the opportunity to synergise her to the Young Justice cartoon which had started by then).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I guess they needed him to hide them and keep an eye out for the authorities. They knew they could get him to do it if they threatened Mike.
    Yes, I know that's the excuse they gave, but considering the cops weren't actually all over the football field waiting for the Crocks to reach out to Artemis showed that there was no real threat from the authorities. I mean, the ISA had a secret hideout that's also apparently unguarded. Why not hide there? They're obviously skilled enough criminals to not need help hiding out for a few hours in Blue Valley. Just one of those little gripes that I understand you have to let go with a show like this. (and I noticed they made sure to include the robot in another scene just so we feel like it's being used even though they're really not using it. This series is more "Nancy Drew" than "JSA" - makes me think the switch to the CW has affected its budget?)

Yes, I know that's the excuse they gave, but considering the cops weren't actually all over the football field waiting for the Crocks to reach out to Artemis showed that there was no real threat from the authorities. I mean, the ISA had a secret hideout that's also apparently unguarded. Why not hide there? They're obviously skilled enough criminals to not need help hiding out for a few hours in Blue Valley. Just one of those little gripes that I understand you have to let go with a show like this. (and I noticed they made sure to include the robot in another scene just so we feel like it's being used even though they're really not using it. This series is more "Nancy Drew" than "JSA" - makes me think the switch to the CW has affected its budget?)
    I'm not sure if there was any issue with the budget but I think they're just being careful with how they use it and saving up for a major point...like for when we see Grundy again.

Yeah it wasn't real world believable but nothing in a show based on superheros is.

Re the STRIPE mecha, we havent actually seen it in that much less action than the same point in season 1. I mean the bit with the flame thrower test was probably half the time of the fist throw in the wheat(? Or whatever) field and they had 1 more. It wasn't until ep 6 he finally actually flew IIRC. At the same time all we had was some acrobatics from Courtney with the cosmic staff practising and Wildcat costume resize. That could have been achieved with props on a green screen, or pause film (my 9yr old daughter calls it transitions and does it on tic toc) so low budget effects.

Yet we've also seen a battle between Courtney and Jenny. GL constructs, shades shadow constructs, tbolt magic, eclipso illusions. So comparatively we aren't lacking in special effects. Theybwere sparing in the use of stripe in season 1 to keep within a budget too because let's face it its use would be the most expensive special effect. I dont doubt there is a lower budget for this season, there always is for a second season because there isn't the cost of rebuilding all the sets etc that is a part of initial set up. That's without changing to solely a cheaper network. So far they've been able to give a decent amount of effects spread across the series on whatever budget they've had. We need to have something saved for when Eclipso comes fully out and that big bad battle culmination

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

Cool that the book store that Courtney and the Shade visited was named HOUSE OF SECRETS.

HOS70.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by signalman112 View Post
    Cool that the book store that Courtney and the Shade visited was named HOUSE OF SECRETS.

HOS70.jpg
    I thought that was where Eclipso originated! Fitting.

Mighty Member

Spooky episode.

Yeah, really creepy effects.
    I wish Cindy wasn't playing this like the stereotypical cackling villainess. Is she angry and wants revenge or does she just delight in other's suffering?
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!