Page 141 of 187 FirstFirst ... 4191131137138139140141142143144145151 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,115 of 2791

Nobody tell Marvel that DC now has their own "Cosmo" who is not a telepathic Russian dog .

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Who called the cops on Rick? He lives in the middle of nowhere and his uncle was too bad a shape to do it. If it was Pat then why?

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Who called the cops on Rick? He lives in the middle of nowhere and his uncle was too bad a shape to do it. If it was Pat then why?
    They had to call an ambulance for Rick's uncle. I assume the police came as a matter of course and they couldn't really hide what happened.

Honestly, Eclipso makes the entire ISA look like the Teletubbies.
    Didn't expect him being outright racist. But Beth showed him.

Poor Rick. And poor Grundy. Wonder if the latter will become an outright member of the JSA?

Mike calling Barbara "mom" was pretty sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post

Poor Rick. And poor Grundy. Wonder if the latter will become an outright member of the JSA?

In Inf Inc he became Jade's friend and protector. It's clearly the shows twist on that.

I wonder if Grundy will break his "friend" out of prison.

Clearly at some point Yolanda and Rick have to come back to help the team vs Eclipso. I wonder if Mcnider gets out of the shadowlands and gives Rick a variation of his father's original Miraclo pill that isn't addictive to replace the hourglass? Or had Rex been working onnthe gauntlet release system Rick actually uses in the comics?

Quote Originally Posted by beatboks View Post
    In Inf Inc he became Jade's friend and protector. It's clearly the shows twist on that.

I wonder if Grundy will break his "friend" out of prison.

Clearly at some point Yolanda and Rick have to come back to help the team vs Eclipso. I wonder if Mcnider gets out of the shadowlands and gives Rick a variation of his father's original Miraclo pill that isn't addictive to replace the hourglass? Or had Rex been working onnthe gauntlet release system Rick actually uses in the comics?
    I guess this could lead to some evolution of the Miraclo process.

My theory is Eclipso isn't actually racist but is saying these things because he knows they will hurt Beth. YMMV on how much "better" that is.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I guess this could lead to some evolution of the Miraclo process.
    Maybe if they do come up with a gauntlet delivery system he can use it more than once in 24 hours.

The original Miraclo pill could be by Rex in the comics. If he took too many in a row it caused problems like heart palpitations. The story in All Star Squadron Annual 3 where he realised he was addicted he used a couple in a row because he had to

https://ibb.co/5WXdzwY

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So not only is Eclispo a demonic force but he's also racist and sexist, although maybe that was just him intentionally preying on Beth's insecurities like he was with her happy-go-lucky demeanor and the fact that she kind of forced herself into being the new Dr. Mid-Nite without having the combat efficiency or aptitude for it.
    I believe it was the latter. Eclipso trues to find your weak spots and exploit them to the fullest.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Because it's the TV show and not the comics? The age thing is debatable, but the current show doesn't lend itself to older characters fighting alongside a bunch of teens. And for the boob window, I mean, it's kind of obvious why they'd not want to be comics accurate on that costume choice right now.
    Yeah, the demographics for the show are not the same for the comics. What may work for one medium won't necessarily work for another.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

So I read recently that with the renewal for season 3 Stargirl is being co-funded by HBO in some deal.
    I'd guess that the deal includes HBo having rights to air seasons after CW has finished with them.

I wonder if any other shows fall under the same shared funding and what that might mean for the future quality of DC TV shows.

The quality certainly hasn't dropped this season but if they got a funding boost because of this deal my God I'm super pumped for S3

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    My theory is Eclipso isn't actually racist but is saying these things because he knows they will hurt Beth.
    That was my take as well. Eclipso is one part opportunist. If he thinks Beth is insecure the might think race/ethnicity is also a psych issue, therefore he brings it up in a snarky sly way.
    Recall race was only one thing he threw out. My recollection was he said something to the effect of: "You're the wrong gender, shape, color to be Dr. Midnight"(paraphrase).
    So it was shotgun blast of potential insults, hoping he would land on one or all as ways to affect her.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    His uncle should be dead, anyway. Rick thought he was hitting Grundy, so he wasn't pulling back on his punches. Hitting a normal human being full-force with that level of strength would result in the guy's skull being crushed in, lol.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ramsay Snow View Post
    His uncle should be dead, anyway. Rick thought he was hitting Grundy, so he wasn't pulling back on his punches. Hitting a normal human being full-force with that level of strength would result in the guy's skull being crushed in, lol.
    I thought the same. He shouldn't be alive. The show couldn't have Rick catch a murder charge

Incredible Member

Because Hourman is one of the iconic JSA members, I hope this is not the end.

We will just have to wait for next week. I do wish Rick had thought things through
    more carefully. I'm not that worried about the Miraclo. It can be dispensed in pill form,
    that ought to be easily resolved.