Page 145 of 187 FirstFirst ... 4595135141142143144145146147148149155 ... LastLast
Results 2,161 to 2,175 of 2791
    Ultimate Member

Wonder if they'll make the black diamond into bullets, and take him out that way, heh

Incredible Member

The show has had a mailing it in vibe all season.
    I suspect the principals are all looking for future projects.
    Only Melissa Benoist looks like she is really trying.

Quote Originally Posted by RobinGA View Post
    The show has had a mailing it in vibe all season.
    I suspect the principals are all looking for future projects.
    Only Melissa Benoist looks like she is really trying.
    Wrong thread.

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

I for one was disappointed. I was expecting/hoping that at least 50% of the episode would be Original JSA flashbacks.
    Wanted some action to go with the debate.

Here is a John Wesley Shipp interview.

https://theflashpodcast.com/intervie...girl-season-2/

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

If that's how the JSA treated Pat I would hate to see how they treated Black Canary being their secretary.

Well, that's kind of how Ted is and we've had indications before that Sylvester didn't really treat Pat all that well in adulthood. Rex didn't seem disrespectful of him.

Quote Originally Posted by signalman112 View Post
    I for one was disappointed. I was expecting/hoping that at least 50% of the episode would be Original JSA flashbacks.
    Wanted some action to go with the debate.

Here is a John Wesley Shipp interview.

https://theflashpodcast.com/intervie...girl-season-2/
    Yes, I do agree here. Some action would be nice. I mean last week's episode was all about Eclipso against the other two members. Ok, we know he can do that, do we need another entire episode about that?

And so far only the nerdy girl has overcome Eclipso.
    I think restorative nostalgia is the number one issue with comic book fans.
    A fine distinction between two types of Nostalgia:

Reflective Nostalgia allows us to savor our memories but accepts that they are in the past
    Restorative Nostalgia pushes back against the here and now, keeping us stuck trying to relive our glory days.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    About the JSA and killing in WWII - Spectre sunk a German invasion fleet in the English channel, IIRC. Don't remember anyone saving those thousands of sailors.
    The Spectre isn't bound by the morals of others. He has killed more than the most violent super villain in comics because he is the living embodiment of vengeance and retribution. He has a mission set by the higher power. Killing someone guilty would not have been an issue for him.

For instance

https://ibb.co/7xDxfQJ

Added to which a lot of what he does is kept from his human mind so that he can do his role without it damaging his psyche

https://ibb.co/1qMmRsp

Killing an innocent would have probably seen him stripped of his power by the voice /presence.

They could have probably told Spec, he could have done it and he wouldn't have been affected. Doesn't mean they wouldn't have been

I'm disappointed with the "online rumors" about Sylvester's return to CW's Stargirl season two. CW's Sylvester was a jerk in season one of Stargirl. Did anyone here in this forum want Starman in CW's Stargirl season two to be secretly DC's Starman Four Will Payton disguised as the deceased Sylvester? Plus, isn't it "goofy" how CW constantly "cheapens" the death of DC characters by constantly resurrecting them?

Are you "fed-up" with the CW character of Sylvester to the point where you wish his character wasn't returning in Stargirl Season Two? Does it seem "goofy" how CW resurrects DC characters? When you saw Sylvester teased at the end of Stargirl season one and a few episodes in season two did you think, "man it would be cool if that guy was secretly DC's Starman Four Will Payton", the guy with shape-shifting powers?

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Literally no idea what you are saying
    Geek / Gamer / Filmmaker / Indy Pro Wrestler
    @SebastionEnvi (Twitter/Instagram)
    youtube.com/SkunkLifeMedia

Sylvester is being promoted to series regular next season. It will be interesting to see how having an adult hero around would affect the dynamic of the current JSA.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So Bruce Gordon found Eclipso, used its power to gain more fame and fortune, only to eventually regret the emotional toll it would take on him and Eclipso's victims, but he still gave in when

Just casually mentioning how powerful Eclipso is when not even Green Lantern, Dr. Fate, or The Spectre were able to do anything to him. Yeah, a JSA with just Stargirl and Dr. Mid-Nite don't stand a chance.
    I found that very annoying. Well, the cosmic level members couldn't do it -- so it's up to us! Also Sylvester would never have treated Pat like that in the comics. I also wish they could include one more female member on the classic team. I see they are making Sylvester a regular, but I would have preferred Jay.

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    I see they are making Sylvester a regular, but I would have preferred Jay.
    We know that Sylvester is still alive somehow. The show still hasn't followed up on him paying Pat's ex wife a visit.

I am now realizing how much I have underestimated Joel McHale as an actor. I've only seen him in comedic roles, but he did the whole somber bit quite well. It was clear how much this decision was weighing on him.

So great seeing JWS as another version of the Flash. Now THIS is how you show a superhero elder statesman.

I thought it was interesting that Ted seemed to be the most willing to kill whereas in present day, Yolanda is the one most affected by killing. I want the two Wildcats to somehow meet face to face now.

I was getting really worried for Barbara and Mike. Those illusions are no joke.

Quote Originally Posted by RobinGA View Post
    I suppose you could argue that the DCEU operates in a slightly different universe, so the rules
    are different here. But there was that whole range of experiences they had during World War II.
    Where many of them went on missions that led to the deaths of Axis soldiers. Did all these stories
    published in DC Comics from the Golden Age never really happen here? Did what we read about in
    All Star Squadron and Young All Stars never take place either? I mean Roy Thomas wrote Japanese-American
    internment in such a way that there were people who felt very conflicted, but were inclined to go
    along with the government. Then you have the initial breakup of the organization being due to McCarthyism.
    Could be a Captain America-like thing where after WWII, the JSA had enough of death and don't want to kill ever again.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Just casually mentioning how powerful Eclipso is when not even Green Lantern, Dr. Fate, or The Spectre were able to do anything to him. Yeah, a JSA with just Stargirl and Dr. Mid-Nite don't stand a chance.
    That was terrifying to hear.

Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    Also I wonder if we will get a payoff for why exactly Pat stays with the JSA as they just seem to be dicks to him. I like to think there are other times we have not seen yet where they are cordial and friendly to him but the flashbacks just have them (mostly Sly yes) being dicks to him or just seeing him as below them. So why does he stick around. Who does he hope to be/gain...?
    Pat and Sylvester were on the Seven Soldiers of Victory before the JSA. I think Pat probably got more respect on the Seven Soldiers and thought the same would happen when Sylvester joined the JSA. Maybe that hope kept him idealistic the whole time.