Page 146 of 187 FirstFirst ... 4696136142143144145146147148149150156 ... LastLast
Results 2,176 to 2,190 of 2791

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    We know that Sylvester is still alive somehow. The show still hasn't followed up on him paying Pat's ex wife a visit.
    How long does it take to get to Blue Valley ?

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    I found that very annoying. Well, the cosmic level members couldn't do it -- so it's up to us! Also Sylvester would never have treated Pat like that in the comics. I also wish they could include one more female member on the classic team. I see they are making Sylvester a regular, but I would have preferred Jay.
    Since they didn't show it, and we don't really know exactly how Eclipso works, it's possible that the JSA heavy-hitters failed when they fought Eclipso, but the "kill team" were able to find Gordon in his home when he was vulnerable and kill him in his human form. That's the only way it makes sense to me and really makes what they did a straight-up murder.

Mighty Member

I would like to point out that we have not seen the Spectre and was Dr Fate even present when Eclipso was around? I missed part of the last episode.

Incredible Member

Since it wasn't seen, but implied, it is hard to know who exactly was there and who wasn't.

The original group making the decision was four: Wildcat, Flash, Hourman, Star Spangled Kid (although
    Flash dissented). The show implied that the three kills Gordon, but the only one we
    are sure was there was the Star Spangled Kid.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by regnak View Post
    I would like to point out that we have not seen the Spectre and was Dr Fate even present when Eclipso was around? I missed part of the last episode.
    Yes. Wildcat mentioned Fate as one of the members who failed to stop Eclipso

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Since they didn't show it, and we don't really know exactly how Eclipso works, it's possible that the JSA heavy-hitters failed when they fought Eclipso, but the "kill team" were able to find Gordon in his home when he was vulnerable and kill him in his human form. That's the only way it makes sense to me and really makes what they did a straight-up murder.
    My impression was it was just Starman and Pat and Sylvester just straight up surprise killed him with the Cosmic Staff before Gordon could even react or do anything.

Other than the blood it didn't seem like Sylvester was involved in a big fight, and Pat didn't hear/see anything.

Mighty Member

The head nurse is wearing a Soviet Red Army color scheme with the brown body and red buttons. I wonder if it means anything.

Mighty Member

Courtney's doomed.

At least Sylvester had the decency to apologize to Pat and realize that Pat cared about him all his life more than his parents did. When Sylvester's a dick, it's not because he means to be, but because it's what he learned from his parents, but he learned to be a good person from Pat.

In complete fairness...Bruce Gordon wasn't 100% innocent. I'm not saying he deserved to die, but while Eclipso was obviously manipulating and torturing him, he did seem to be using Eclipso to further his own desires, even if he came to regret it.

I thought Grundy was going to break Rick out of jail, but throwing apples into his cell is surprisingly wholesome .

Beth's parents finally start paying attention to her when she starts wearing goggles all the time, and admittedly she does seem kind of crazy when she starts talking to herself, but Beth then finally gives her parents the talk back they've been deserving for ignoring her and not being honest with her this whole time.

"I made a vow to never take a life." Is that you showing remorse Dr. McNider when you're the one who brought the whole "killing Eclipso's host" thing up or trying to put it in for context as to why it was such a big deal that you and the rest of the JSA were willing to do it? Just kind of an abrupt line there.

I see in Shade's dossier via the goggles that they mentioned Opal City and Ted Knight. Even his backstory is more or less pretty true to his origin from the Starman book by James Robinson. They even mentioned Captain X !

What is it with villainous men projecting on Barbara and becoming enamored with her? First Jordan sees her as his next wife and then Shade sees her as a stand-in for his late sister.

So Jade's gone on a kind of mini-crime spree trying to find Todd, although not inentionally since her powers are still volatile and she can't control it when she has an outburst.

It was nice to see the JSA headquarters again. I feel like it's a shame Pat's never taken anyone but Courtney there.

Those newspaper clippings outright mentioned Green Arrow and Speedy and even showed Greg Saunders' Vigilante retiring.

Mike is trying to fix STRIPE, who will hopefully be in working condition by, at least, the season finale.

When they mentioned Todd was sent to a youth rehabilitation center I was worried it was to rehabilitate him being gay, but it turns out it was just a front for Mr. Bones and Helix and they have Todd. Is this setting them up as the villains for season 3? Man, this show really is a Infinity Inc. show.

So Jakeem used the Thunderbolt to make a house made of candy. Actually, is that what he transformed his house into?

Shade finally screwed them all over by manipulating them into re-forging the diamond and giving him his powers back while dooming Courtney, Pat, and Jenny to facing Eclipso.

Jenny's powers actually hold off Eclipso for a second, but if her dad couldn't stop him, it doesn't seem like she can.

Looks like Eclipso sent Courtney where he sent Cindy, although the poor cast is probably going to write her off as dead .

I usually hate in these CW shows when they come up with a plane and fail (see; every other Flash episode) but here, with Shade playing them and Courtney's shocking ending, I think it was another good episode. There has been no fall of of the writing this season.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    At least Sylvester had the decency to apologize to Pat and realize that Pat cared about him all his life more than his parents did. When Sylvester's a dick, it's not because he means to be, but because it's what he learned from his parents, but he learned to be a good person from Pat.
    Honestly I now think Syl is being a dick to Pat tobprotect him. Try and keep him out of the action, away from any danger.

"I made a vow to never take a life." Is that you showing remorse Dr. McNider when you're the one who brought the whole "killing Eclipso's host" thing up or trying to put it in for context as to why it was such a big deal that you and the rest of the JSA were willing to do it? Just kind of an abrupt line there.
    Mcnider wasn't a part of the killing though. That came down purely on Starman, Wildcat, and Hourman.

My impression was it was just Starman and Pat and Sylvester just straight up surprise killed him with the Cosmic Staff before Gordon could even react or do anything.

Other than the blood it didn't seem like Sylvester was involved in a big fight, and Pat didn't hear/see anything.
    It's also no pretty clear that a powerful light source like the staff is Eclipso's kryptonite. So it might have required a sneak attack with a star blast to take out the host of Eclipso with his back turned. While GL, Spectre, and Fate may have all faced him head on with Eclipso in charge and each in solo battle. The way they said it sort of sounded like each failed alone

Quote Originally Posted by beatboks View Post
    Mcnider wasn't a part of the killing though. That came down purely on Starman, Wildcat, and Hourman.
    True, they were the deciding vote, but he's the one who came up with the idea.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

When they mentioned Todd was sent to a youth rehabilitation center I was worried it was to rehabilitate him being gay, but it turns out it was just a front for Mr. Bones and Helix and they have Todd. Is this setting them up as the villains for season 3? Man, this show really is a Infinity Inc. show.
    I thought the same thing. I can't think of many things that a teenager would be in a Rehabilitation center for. It being a front for Helix makes more sense assuming he already had his shadow powers.

Is the nurse a relevant character? The establishing shot of her name made me believe her identity is important

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I thought the same thing. I can't think of many things that a teenager would be in a Rehabilitation center for. It being a front for Helix makes more sense assuming he already had his shadow powers.

Is the nurse a relevant character? The establishing shot of her name made me believe her identity is important
    Her name was "Louise Love" and Mr. Bones' father (along with the rest of Helix) was Benjamin Love. So she might be one of his sisters or part of the family.