Page 148 of 187 FirstFirst ... 4898138144145146147148149150151152158 ... LastLast
Results 2,206 to 2,220 of 2791

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I could swear someone mentioned it, and Beth seemed to think he was involved, but I could be wrong.
    I think that is more because Pat wasn't very clear in explaining exactly who was involved in the decision. I think he just told them the JSA as a whole chose to kill Bruce Gordon. Based on their discussion in the car on the way to the brownstone it seemed obvious to me that Courtney thought Pat was one of those who voted for killing. I suspect that is because Pat feels guilty over doing nothing to stop the killing, which is obviously why Eclipso was able to torment him over blood on his hands when he really has none.

Something else did bug me they were driving the star rocket Racer right? We saw it fly in episode one when he joined Starman in the OG JSA's final battle. So why didn't he just fly them there. I mean special effects wise it's only blue screen

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by beatboks View Post
    Something else did bug me they were driving the star rocket Racer right? We saw it fly in episode one when he joined Starman in the OG JSA's final battle. So why didn't he just fly them there. I mean special effects wise it's only blue screen
    Maybe he had to cannabilize some of the parts to make STRIPE fly? Unlike Sylvester Pat is not rich.

Now that we've seen Jay, I'd like to see Violet Beane show up as this world's Jessie Quick/Liberty Belle. I'd like to see her show some of her mom's sonic wave powers from All Star Squadron/Young All Stars and speed rather than the strength side. That was something I thought they missed in JSA and JSA all Stars. I mean those sonic powers would work so well with super speed and how speedsters use vibrations. If nothing else we need to stop the Rick Beth budding romance for the right one

Quote Originally Posted by regnak View Post
    Maybe he had to cannabilize some of the parts to make STRIPE fly? Unlike Sylvester Pat is not rich.
    ��

Of course, it's so obvious. Syl would have paid for the parts for the rocket racer. Pat wouldn't have that sort of money

Duuuhhhh

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

Sly gives a shout out to HOP HARRIGAN.
    Hop shared All-American Comics with Alan Scott(GL) back in the 40's.
    Hop even had his own movie serial and radio show.

AllAmerican77.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by signalman112 View Post
    Sly gives a shout out to HOP HARRIGAN.
    Hop shared All-American Comics with Alan Scott(GL) back in the 40's.
    Hop even had his own movie serial and radio show.

AllAmerican77.jpg
    Deep cut .

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I don't think Alan's ring could really work that way. And with the Lantern gone and Jennie internalizing the powers like comic book Jade, then it's even more unlikely.
    Look, I'm not insisting that the TV universe work exactly in the same way the comic book does, but Alan's ring never seemed any different in power than Hal's. But maybe I'm wrong about that.
    Sandy Hausler
    DC Boards Moderator (along with The Darknight Detective (who has a much cooler name that I do))
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Hausler View Post
    Look, I'm not insisting that the TV universe work exactly in the same way the comic book does, but Alan's ring never seemed any different in power than Hal's. But maybe I'm wrong about that.
    The GL rings have had various inconsistent powers over the years, but Alan's (and Jade's) power being derived from the magic-based Starheart was always somewhat different than a GLC power ring - especially Alan's ring not having an AI and not able to do a lot of the things that required analyzing things or scanning, etc. (as far as the stories I've read)

So in terms of the tv show, even though they can make it however they want, they seem to have reduced most people's powers from the comics, so it wouldn't surprise me if Jade can only make constructs, or set things on fire. (unless they need a deus ex machina in some story, then they'll conveniently give her some other ability, I'm sure )
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 10-15-2021 at 12:10 PM.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Another great building episode of Stargirl. I am glad that they had Jenny's presence mean something. Since the "green flame" is also Cosmic in origin I'm glad it was able to fuse the Diamond.
    Cause lets be serious, they are going to need Shade. It seems Dr. McNighter is also clearing him for assistance thru Beth. We also confirmation of Todd.

Grundy, in broad daylight is able to get close enough to toss apples up to Rick in his cell? Hmmm, ok

Who else is seeing a Cindy Burman/Courtney reunion in the Shadowlands next episode?? Surely not just me.

I've also enjoyed Joel McHale in this role. Would've preferred he just be one of the canon established Starmen but, sure, ok make up a new one.
    I need more JWS as Jay Garrick as well.
    How long till Yolonda returns as Wildcat?
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Man, those were some great scenes with Pat and Sylvester.

Love seeing this more confident version of Beth. I am really looking forward to her meeting Charles McNider.

It was cool seeing Jade back, but poor Courtney!

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Those newspaper clippings outright mentioned Green Arrow and Speedy and even showed Greg Saunders' Vigilante retiring.
    I thought since we saw Green Arrow last season but he was never named, they were just going to keep him unnamed, but there it is in bold letters. Maybe they'll never actually say "Green Arrow".

Honestly I now think Syl is being a dick to Pat tobprotect him. Try and keep him out of the action, away from any danger.
    This episode definitely added a new layer to what we saw of them in the pilot.

Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    Wonder if Grundy will break Rick out or start to and Rick will be like, nah bro I need to stay here. Kinda like Beast in that episode of X-Men TAS from years upon years ago.
    Hopefully Rick won't spend an entire season in jail like Beast. Although at least he has gotten some screen time, unlike Yolanda.

Now that we've seen Jay, I'd like to see Violet Beane show up as this world's Jessie Quick/Liberty Belle. I'd like to see her show some of her mom's sonic wave powers from All Star Squadron/Young All Stars and speed rather than the strength side. That was something I thought they missed in JSA and JSA all Stars. I mean those sonic powers would work so well with super speed and how speedsters use vibrations. If nothing else we need to stop the Rick Beth budding romance for the right one
    Jessie Quick is the natural legacy speedster to show up. I'd welcome Violet Beane reprising the role (in a different costume, though).

Mighty Member

RIP Shade????

Quote Originally Posted by tabo61 View Post
    RIP Shade????
    It seems that way. But Green Fire did find two locations for Shade, so who knows.

Two few episodes for this good a character.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

What a somber way of opening the episode with Beth and the family reacting in grief over thinking Courtney is dead.

I wasn't expecting the Zarrick's to show up again, but I guess it makes sense. If you're going to guilt trip Courtney, it makes sense to bring up the first time she really took being a Superhero personally, when Joey Zarrick died.

The Fiddler family...well, I don't think Courtney feels that bad for what happened to them, but I guess if you were going to make her popping up in her school creepy, it would be them.

Why am I not surprised that Cindy has been using the Shadowlands as an opportunity to constantly kill Courtney and her dad? Like, she immediately jumps at attacking Courtney until she realizes it's actually Courtney and has apparently killed numerous versions of her up to this point.

Eclipso hitting Courtney where it hurts...the ungrateful, burden, daughter card. Of course we all know Barbara has never thought that way about Courtney, as we can clearly see form reality.

I guess I'm not shocked Cindy blames Courtney for letting her go, even though Courtney really did try to save her, and that she blames everything on Courtney even though this is all her fault. But very on-brand for Shiv.

Cindy loves killing Dragon King, but the one thing that can still get to her is her mother and her father experimenting on her against her will. We also see just how turning a little girl into an emotionally unstable killing machine is a bad idea when she apparently killed her mother while throwing a fit and not knowing any better, which scarred her for life.

Charles McNider Dr. Mid-Nite! Nice to finally see him in the flesh again. I guess one silver lining is time passes differently in the Shadowlands so he hasn't necessarily been wandering around for the amount of years he's been gone in the real world. Although the poor man without his goggles is blind and forced to listen to his dead daughter. No wonder he wanted them back as soon as Courtney was done.

"The Picture of Dorian Gray." That checks out. Now that I think about it, I feel like that movie either influenced The Shade's creation or was used as an influence when James Robinson wrote him.

Barbara talking tough to a Supervillain, and luckily her resemblance to Emily is enough to bring out the Shade's good side again.

Shade tried to save Dr. McNider from the ISA by sending him to the Shadowlands, but I guess he couldn't just bring him back immediately and assumed Dr. McNider was consumed by the Shadowlands and stopped trying. He seemed genuinely shocked to learn that Dr. McNider was still alive and kicking himself that he left him stuck in the Shadowlands for so long.

I love how Dr. McNider doesn't give a second when Courtney immediately goes to try and save Cindy, someone he doesn't even know, and risk their freedom.

Eclipso finally gives Courtney the "Bruce" treatment, but rather than beat her up with her own guilt over what happened to Rick and Yolanda, he focuses all of Courtney's anger and frustration onto himself, making Courtney hate him like she still hates her dad. Basically Eclipso's endgame was to corrupt Courtney, and he succeeded.

I loved Pat going to embrace Dr. McNider as soon as he's out of the theater. Pat finally gets reunited with one of his old friends who he never thought he'd ever see again. Somebody please tell Hooty that Dr. Mid-Nite is alive...and has a legacy.

Shade went out doing one last good deed...although Jenny found two Shade signals, so I don't think he's quite done.

Looks like it's time for Courtney and Cindy to finally team-up to take Eclipso down. This should be...interesting.

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Another great Stargirl episode in a surprise to absolutely no one.

Cliffnotes:
    The Shade going out with a sacrifice, but of course they found two signals so did he really bite it, or was the other signal something to do with Eclipso, we didn’t get an answer to that. Even tho he has far less episodes than some of the other Arrowverse villains to compare him against, I’d say the Shade is a top 5 bad guy. Looking at him as a character overall in the Arrowverse, I’d rank him among the top 10 easily.

Will Cindy indeed help on a redemption path or will she turn on Court at the very end? I personally do not like redemption ish, I prefer bad people to stay bad. It feels like we are going that route with Alice on Batwoman, we don’t need it on every show.

Curious to see what the OG Midnight will do now that he is out. Will it be something where he’s just like ‘hey thanks for freeing me, now I’m going to go live my life’ a la Jay Garrick in the Flash, and dip out after a few scenes in the next episode. Or will he begin training Beth to really be the next Midnight and give her tools and tactics to be better useful in the field.

Mike getting cut off before getting mentioning the Thunderbolt….we get him going from Jakim’s house to the Dugan house, so my head canon is saying he was about to go confront Jakim when he got the notice Courtney was ‘dead’ and thus never knocked on the door. Otherwise it’s a tiny tiny narrative misstep.

Eclipso is just a creepy mofo and having him in this kid form just ratchets up the creepy vibe. So I am definitely loving all of that going on.

Just continues to be a great show with everyone playing great parts.

Geek / Gamer / Filmmaker / Indy Pro Wrestler
    @SebastionEnvi (Twitter/Instagram)
    youtube.com/SkunkLifeMedia