Page 152 of 187 FirstFirst ... 52102142148149150151152153154155156162 ... LastLast
Results 2,266 to 2,280 of 2791

How the hell is buddy not the mascot of that series? Love the little guy.

Also, poor Mike xD

Did Pat just torture a paralyzed man?

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think they explained time passed differently in the Shadowlands although I forget if that means it's less time there than outside or the reverse.
    I was talking about before he got sucked into the shadow lands. I doubt being there did much to slow his aging as he been active since 1941. I'm guessing his powers is responsible for that

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    How the hell is buddy not the mascot of that series? Love the little guy.

Also, poor Mike xD

Pat conscience can rest easy knowing he tortured a man who likely deserved it.

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

It's become an old hat at this point but another great episode.

Cliff Notes:

We knew this was going to be a calm before the storm type of episode to get everyone back together and for me it worked.

By contrast Titans when it slams everyone together before the finale, it just...I dunno, it sucks how they handle it. In Stargirl it just flowed, felt natural to me. Of course Stargirl actually keeps its team acting like a team together, so there is that....

Cindy pushing Yolanda to come back to the team after Courtney failed was interesting. And you could see Yolanda was happy to be back later in the episode.

I'm thinking she called Tigress/Sportsmaster/Huntress to get them back in and then once Eclipso is dispatched, they will tease a standoff for a moment, then the villains will dip out. Isn't Fiddler 3.0 in the Shadowland? I wonder if he gets out.

Pat has some darkness in him eh. Love that and love that he cared enough about Rick to tap into that to get him out. I still think Grundy plays a part in the finale.

I had wondered if Courtney admitting she hated Eclipso was going to open the door for him to take her over and that seems like it will come to pass.

The Mid-Nites was cool. I am hoping McNider stays around next season at least in a part time role to be a mentor/sounding board/trainer to make a better Beth.

Geek / Gamer / Filmmaker / Indy Pro Wrestler
    @SebastionEnvi (Twitter/Instagram)
    youtube.com/SkunkLifeMedia

Fiddler is dead. He had his soul absorb. He also was stabbed lethally when it happened.

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Fiddler is dead. He had his soul absorb. He also was stabbed lethally when it happened.
    Ahhhh word. I need to go back and rewatch that ep a few times for the fight scene alone.
    Geek / Gamer / Filmmaker / Indy Pro Wrestler
    @SebastionEnvi (Twitter/Instagram)
    youtube.com/SkunkLifeMedia

I'm now convinced that Eclipso ley Courtney save Cindy from the shadowlands, but only after he'd taken her thru those things to spark "the darkness within" her

Quote Originally Posted by beatboks View Post
    I'm now convinced that Eclipso ley Courtney save Cindy from the shadowlands, but only after he'd taken her thru those things to spark "the darkness within" her
    It definitely didn't hurt, especially when Cindy is pushing Courtney to embrace the darkness.

I was talking about before he got sucked into the shadow lands. I doubt being there did much to slow his aging as he been active since 1941. I'm guessing his powers is responsible for that
    Dr. Mid-Nite has powers? Aside from seeing in the dark?
    Sandy Hausler
    DC Boards Moderator (along with The Darknight Detective (who has a much cooler name that I do))
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Hausler View Post
    Dr. Mid-Nite has powers? Aside from seeing in the dark?
    Black Out Bombs.

Yeah gotta admit, McNider looks way too young to have been active since 1941 as per the bio the goggles showed us last year they didn't even grey his hair or have it parlty grey. The dude looks like he's in his 40s tops ( more likely late 30s).

Ted Grant looked more like 50s, as did Jay and Rex honesty so far has looked at most mid 30s. But none of them have been given a confirmed starting time frame for their hero career (as per Star Spangled kid and Stripsey) so they they could have all started in the 80s or 90s. That would be consistent with them being 40 to 50 in 2010.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by beatboks View Post
    Yeah gotta admit, McNider looks way too young to have been active since 1941 as per the bio the goggles showed us last year they didn't even grey his hair or have it parlty grey. The dude looks like he's in his 40s tops ( more likely late 30s).

Ted Grant looked more like 50s, as did Jay and Rex honesty so far has looked at most mid 30s. But none of them have been given a confirmed starting time frame for their hero career (as per Star Spangled kid and Stripsey) so they they could have all started in the 80s or 90s. That would be consistent with them being 40 to 50 in 2010.
    Agreed. Unless there's some scientific/magical explanation for their youthful looks (which is still possible, but hasn't been alluded to yet), there's no way they could have been active before the '80s without some help.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    Agreed. Unless there's some scientific/magical explanation for their youthful looks (which is still possible, but hasn't been alluded to yet), there's no way they could have been active before the '80s without some help.
    I think this show is operating on Doom Patrol rules. If they are a meta they don't age. It just comes to a stop at the point they developed or gained their powers.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

I think this show is operating on Doom Patrol rules. If they are a meta they don't age. It just comes to a stop at the point they developed or gained their powers.
    Which would work for the metas, but not all of the JSA fall under that umbrella.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

The opening scene with Buddy was a huge shift from the horror openings that they have been doing. For a second, I thought Barbara could actually hear that music and was going to tell Buddy to stop playing it so loudly.

Looks like Dr. McNider fully approves of Beth as his successor. I am starting to see why Beth can't just be the team's "guy in the chair" since she actually has to go places and use the goggles to scan rooms.

I liked seeing Mike with Jakeem. There's loads of characters in this show, but I wish we had seen them together before.

Looks like Cindy is doing the typical evil teammate thing by being a jerk to Yolanda to anger her into action. Guess you can't argue with those results. I wonder what will become of Cindy if she survives the fight against Eclipso.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Now, I gotta wonder just how Grundy plays into all of this.

If he turns up next week?
    Grundy and Sylvester. Looks like they were waiting for an end of the season payoff. Wait, what was the deal with that picture of that Jack Knight looking dude?

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    That was a dark scene, not something I expected from Pat.