Page 154 of 187 FirstFirst ... 54104144150151152153154155156157158164 ... LastLast
Results 2,296 to 2,310 of 2791
    Incredible Member

I think you raised valid criticisms. But by showing us the vote they had put themselves in something of a box.
    Ted and Rex totally in character to vote yes, they wanted Charles not voting, so Sylvester had to vote yes.
    It might have been better from a plot perspective to just not show us the vote.

There is a lot to like about this series. I won't claim they get everything right. But I'm happy with the overall
    direction. I think you also see the Infinity influence.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by beatboks View Post
    But that's just it, they're not being contradictory. By being obtuse about a time period in overt means (decades ago) they specifically aren't giving a defined time frame.
    Stating that they were around for decades is fine, because your imagination can fill in the blanks. However, when you state something specific like Chuck's birth year, then it is contradictory based on what we know. Now if they give us some time travel/alternate universe angle, then I will revoke my criticism (which is a minor one, because I do love the show).
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I doubt the finale will address it but I wonder about Rick's housing situation. I doubt the uncle will want anything to do with him after getting his ass beat and being tortured to drop the criminal charges he had against him.

Incredible Member

I doubt that will be told either with only 40 minutes or so.

Maybe Pat could give him some space above the garage.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

^^^
    Pat essentially has an unfinished basement that just houses some old JSA files and such.
    Rick could easily fix up a corner down there and stay. It works in-universe and real world means not having to build another set location, just expand an existing one.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Incredible Member

That was an excellent idea. But we'll know in about 24 hours or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I doubt the finale will address it but I wonder about Rick's housing situation. I doubt the uncle will want anything to do with him after getting his ass beat and being tortured to drop the criminal charges he had against him.
    I assume Rex owned the house so I would assume Rick could still live there, but I guess he's young enough that child services would have to be involved otherwise.

Incredible Member

Nebraska evidently has one of the higher age of consent laws in the country. 19 as of 2021.
    Why that is would be unclear.
    Rick could apply for legal emancipation, which considering how his uncle behaves he might well win.

Mighty Member

Loved that post credit scene.

A really satisfying season finale.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    A really satisfying season finale.
    Pretty much. There were a few things that came out of left field, especially a character we've only seen in the present day ONCE before (and only briefly at that), but otherwise it did a good job of both wrapping up the 'Summer School' storyline and setting up next season's 'Frenemies' storyline.

Quote Originally Posted by tabo61 View Post
    Loved that post credit scene.
    I clocked Keith David's name in the opening credits and wondered what role he'd play... (one of the greatest voices in the biz - I wonder if he's doing mo-cap for the role, but I kinda doubt it)

Poor Beth's dad finally facing the consequences of always being at work. And ironically the one time his wife visits him at work to talk about their family, it ends up landing them both in Eclipso's clutches who haunts them with a raging version of Beth.

Eclipso sicks the JSA's worst mirror opposites: Yolanda fights Ted Grant, Cindy fights her younger self that killed her mom, and Pat fights Stripesy. Meanwhile Courtney is blasting at Bruce, which might be a first for a Superhero (trying to fight off a little boy).

I was worried for a second that even Pat had an abusive father until it turns out "Stripesy" didn't finish what Pat's dad had actually said about believing in yourself.

Zeke takes everything in stride, whether it be a giant robot or a magical djinn.

So it turns out the Shade basically just dramatized his "death" when it seems like he just got sent back to the Shadowlands, and the veil between the two worlds fraying let him come back and inadvertently save Beth's parents.

I love how Dr. McNider and Beth both changed into their costumes together, freaking out Beth's parents, and then Dr. McNider tells them how proud of Beth they should be. Neither actually does anything else for the rest of the finale, but it was still a nice touch.

Eclipso is acting triumphant right up until Mike flies in with the newly completed STRIPE and dishes out all of STRIPE's new features. Then Jakeem Thunder shows up and sicks the Thunderbolt on him...which turns out to be a bad idea because Eclipso just throws the Thunderbolt into STRIPE, knocking it out. Points for trying, though, Jakeem.

Rick can't get the hourglass working in time so he just goes straight to fight Eclipso as a powerless Hourman, but he does bring Grundy along who actually does a decent job against Eclipso up until Eclipso blasts a hole in his gut. But Grundy's come back from worse, and Shade knows all he needs is maybe a dip in Slaughter Swamp or some equivalent to come back brand new...

Eclipso hits Courtney where it hurts by threatening Pat, letting him take her over, and honestly Brec does a solid job as a megalomaniacal demon possessing her, and it seems like all hope is lost until Sylvester finally turns up and re-inspires Courtney (along with Pat's words) to channel her feelings of love and family to overwhelm Eclipso and get him out of her body.

The Crocks even show up again, not that they really do much, but I guess they're part of the gang now. Artemis is proficient enough to break her parents out of prison now. It's got to be kind of awkward being in the same group as a bunch of people you've tried to kill and one of your ex-teammates.

A combination attack of the Cosmic Staff, the Thunderbolt, and the Starheart finally defeats Eclipso...by turning him into toast. Ha!

Just as soon as Jennie seems like she's joined the team, she's off to find her brother again. Hopefully she sticks around next season and finally gets a costume, hopefully with Todd/Obsidian in tow.

Sylvester isn't planning to take Cosmo back from Courtney, but he is going to teach and mentor her as it's previous wielder. Now I guess Sylvester is going to be the "cool uncle" to Pat's "no-fun dad" to Courtney.

Dr. McNider wants to find his wife again and it turns out he has a son who was born after he "died!" He can have his family again! I'm glad he got to get his happy ending after everything he went through after his daughter's death. And he got to officially pass the torch of Dr. Mid-Nite to Beth.

Beth being a Superhero seems to have actually saved her parents' marriage and they want to be involved in her Superhero life. I did find it kind of funny when her mom suggested a new costume in yellow and black like her actual comic costume.

Looks like Mike and Jakeem have become best pals and are planning to become the "Junior JSA."

Cindy wants to join the JSA and redeem herself, the Crocks have somehow moved in next to the family, Shade is sticking around Blue Valley...well, this'll be interesting.

Cameron finally finishes the mural of his dad, just in time for his grandparents to induct him into the family as Icicle Jr. and tell him the truth about Jordan.

"Stargirl: Frenemies?" We're going with that? It seems like the season will be about the JSA trying to mend fences or work together with the villains trying to reform or make their new lives in Blue Valley (Cindy, the Crocks, Shade, maybe Cameron/Icicle Jr.?) to fight off Helix and Mr. Bones.

Speaking of which, we finally see the CGI Skeleton Man himself as he takes a keen interest in Blue Valley and hear the ever-welcome tones of Keith, Freakin', David as Mr. Bones! Amazing!

Damn what a finish.

I can’t believe they managed to cram that much action into the first half f the episode.

Perfect way to overpower/beat a powerhouse like Eclipso, from the spirit within.

So those wielding light combined …
    That made sense

Eclipso’s explanation of what the staff is combined with what Syl said about why it chose Court - BRILLIANT

Quote Originally Posted by beatboks View Post
    predictions for the final two episodes.

1. Syl finally shows up hopefully in possession of a cosmic converter belt that will allow him to become Skyman to leave the star moniker free. The CCB will allow him to fully recharge Cosmo giving two sources of cosmic energy plus the GL ring to face Eclipso

2. Pat fights hard to save Rick from his actions. McNider uses his knowledge of Miraclo to replace the hourglass.

3. Mike finds Jakeem bringing him and T'bolt back into the fray.

4. the two vestiges of dark energy were either because shade was actually split in half which was why he couldn't heal. so having spent one the other can heal. Or it was Todd in town using his connection to Jenny to track her and he had just gotten as far as her first visit.

5. Obviously Yolanda returns

6. Grundy joins the team in the final fight to face Eclipso

7. Chuck due to his time in the shadowlands has learned the ways to weaken Eclipso giving them the best chance of fighting him
    1. Ok so 1 was only part right. No CCB, but he was able to sort of help get Cosmo back to full juice and save the day

2. Yes and in such a cool way

3. Another yes

4. Not even remotely close, but Shade did come back

5. Well that one was obvious to anyone.

6. So was that really, had to be some pay off to Rick helping him and Grundy calling him friend

7. Only sort of, educated guess more than anything

So 4 out of 7, and 2 of the 4 were pretty well telegraphed. Not going to be winning and seer contests soon