Page 155 of 187 FirstFirst ... 55105145151152153154155156157158159165 ... LastLast
Results 2,311 to 2,325 of 2791
    Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

A very satisfying Season 2, I'd grade this as 4.5/5 stars, would recommend.

I hope to see more of Mike and Jakeem with Thunderbolt next year. We all knew they were going to wish for that part needed to fix STRIPE, right?
    I do think the writers are going to find a way to work Mike into his own hero identity in some way next season.

Pat took a heavy hit from Eclipso. Visually they sold that well, I cringed a bit during the twisting.

Surely Jenny will return as plot demands from Milwaukee. Maybe with her brother in tow?

Hoping we've not seen the last of Dr. McNider but he has a 10yr old son he hasn't seen so it is a good send off.

Starman....still some explaining to do. Pat said he saw you dead. However, the cosmic staff recognized him so he must be legit.

Grundy vs Eclipso, who else got shades of Loki vs Hulk for a few moments?

So Rick did not get the hourglass repaired. Which frankly is realistic and I'm a bit glad that is hanging element going into next year. Curious how the writers get him back in the super strength game for Hourman to reappear.

Shade, really wanted more from him in the finale than just a third base coach moment for "wielders of the light". Glad he is sticking around though.

Cindy wanting her free pass, which if we are being honest, I can see it from her perspective. Does she really want to be good though?

Mr. Bones, I did not see that coming. Great surprise to look forward to next season in...Frenemies!
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Incredible Member

The second season is in the books. I think that some of the early episodes moved a little slowly. But they
    eventually found their stride. We saw some nice character development in Beth. She was a different person by
    the end of the season, then in the beginning. It was nice to see. Courtney also seemed to grow as a team leader.
    I wish more had been done with Rick. But perhaps as the characters become more adult that will happen. My favorite
    episode of the year was the confrontation at school between the JSA and Cindy's teenage villains.

I thought this episode had some strengths. But I didn't love it as much as others. Following the Titans disaster I have
    expressed my fears about Geoff Johns. Some have suggested that we really aren't sure what he does there so we can't
    blame it all on him. Well, Johns wrote this episode it shows both his strengths and his weaknesses. Johns is good at writing
    the flowing action, the back and forth confrontations. Two-thirds of the show was about that, it was fun, thrilling to see.
    But there were problems in the plot.

The basic theme which was telegraphed at the end of last week's episode was that Eclipso's whole plan for world domination
    depended on "turning" Stargirl into a villain. If you have seen any Star Wars films you know the basic plot of Emperor Palpatine
    trying to turn young Skywalker. It wasn't much of a proposed turning, Courtney remembered her family, then that was it.

None of that should come as a great shock. I mean this is Courtney Whitmore, who has a gentle, sweet spirit. She may have hated
    Eclipso, after being through the wringer, but she isn't very dark. As a plot device it really didn't work very well. I'm not a huge fan of
    magic in these shows. Mainly because they make it appear so easy. The toast ending was simply pathetic. It didn't ruin the whole
    episode, but it was simply lame to throw it in as they did.

Other thoughts. It is clear then that the search for Todd will be front and center as a crisis to be resolved next season.
    I couldn't see McNider sticking around as Dr. Mid-Nite, so it made sense to go search for his wife.
    Did she remarry? I hope that Charles (can't get used to calling him Chuck) has a happy ending. But he can always make
    brief returns.

I suspect that Rick will ultimately find a way to bring back Miraclo. It just may take a while to figure out Rex's logs.
    They certainly made it appear as though Grundy will return.

I was wrong about Shade. Several times it appeared that Shade was a goner, then bam he was back. I find that more
    appealing then Cindy to be honest. But maybe when I see more of her she will grow on me.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I had a good laugh of Beth's parents taking her being a superhero well. It great that it saved their marriage. I'm going to enjoy the role reversal of the parents being the overbearing ones. Please mom, make her that black and yellow costume.

I would like Mike and Jakeem forming their own subgroup within the JSA. Make them Infinity Inc.

I don't have an interest in seeing Cindy being redeemed. I was hoping she would go away or becoming a recurring minor nemesis or something.

This is wishful thinking but I'm hoping McNider son is Pieter Cross.

I was hype when I saw Keith David name in the credits and I was not disappointed. I want mister bones in every episode next season

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

As others have stated here, the finale was very satisfying to say the least. That Beth's parents had no clue as to who Dr. Mid-Nite is was silly, but you all know how I feel about that.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I had a good laugh of Beth's parents taking her being a superhero well. It great that it saved their marriage. I'm going to enjoy the role reversal of the parents being the overbearing ones. Please mom, make her that black and yellow costume.
    If we see Beth wear it once, I will be satisfied .
    I would like Mike and Jakeem forming their own subgroup within the JSA. Make them Infinity Inc.
    Would be a good way of working them in.
    I don't have an interest in seeing Cindy being redeemed. I was hoping she would go away or becoming a recurring minor nemesis or something.
    I'm wondering if it'll stick and how believable it would be.
    This is wishful thinking but I'm hoping McNider son is Pieter Cross.
    I had the same thought.
    I was hype when I saw Keith David name in the credits and I was not disappointed. I want mister bones in every episode next season
    Is the CG budget up for that ?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    As others have stated here, the finale was very satisfying to say the least. That Beth's parents had no clue as to who Dr. Mid-Nite is was silly, but you all know how I feel about that.
    At least her parents have the excuse of being so self-involved in their careers that they would probably be oblivious to that kind of stuff.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    At least her parents have the excuse of being so self-involved in their careers that they would probably be oblivious to that kind of stuff.
    That's actually a good and plausible excuse, Frontier. For the rest of them, though, it's a Jedi mind trick - "These are not the superheroes you should know about."
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Between this and Superman & Lois, I really don't know what was better.

Mike Entrance was absolutely epic

Grundy was wasted pretty quickly, but eh, I guess the CGI budget ran out.

Totally saw that Toast thing coming from the Thunderbolt

If there is one thing I'd criticize about the Season is how criminally underused Jenny and her powers were.

Superheroes don't need school? Not cool Sylvester, undermining Pat once more.

Cameron for villain next Season?

I love that the Shade is sticking around.

Guess Beth should've been careful what she wished for regarding her parents xP

Also, the Crocks are just gonna.....move back into town? I mean, they're still wanted felons.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Grundy vs Eclipso, who else got shades of Loki vs Hulk for a few moments?
    So Rick did not get the hourglass repaired. Which frankly is realistic and I'm a bit glad that is hanging element going into next year. Curious how the writers get him back in the super strength game for Hourman to reappear.
    Cindy wanting her free pass, which if we are being honest, I can see it from her perspective. Does she really want to be good though?
    In order:
    -- Plot armor really shows through though when Grundy is the only character who got the "Hole through the chest" treatment.
    -- Jakeem could always wish the hourglass to be fixed, no?
    -- Every teen team needs its "Cordelia" who can come in with the snarky comedic relief to break the tension because she's not as emotionally connected to the other characters.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Ah, yes the magic mcguffin of the Thunderbolt to "fix" the plot holes like Rick not being able to repair the hourglass.

Cordelia...I've not thought about BtVS in some time. Not a bad call back reference.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Astonishing Member

I assume Rex owned the house so I would assume Rick could still live there, but I guess he's young enough that child services would have to be involved otherwise.
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's Rex's house, and his uncle is only his guardian.

Astonishing Member

Beth being a Superhero seems to have actually saved her parents' marriage and they want to be involved in her Superhero life. I did find it kind of funny when her mom suggested a new costume in yellow and black like her actual comic costume.
    Yeah -- she really needs a new outfit -- though I don't think it will quite be the Todd McFarlane design (not one of his best, but not nearly as dreadful as the purple/yellow spandex he designed for Rick).

Hmm starting to have thoughts about season 3.

I envisage not just Cindy but Artemis joining the team.

The Crocks become the physical trainers for the team (sort of filling OG Wildcat's role in the comics)

Meanwhile Syl trains Court on the staff and the shade is like the teams metaphysical coach.

Helix comes to town and maybe tries to take Cameron (the only meta currently without team back up).

Court and the team take issue with using young people because even the bad ones have good innthem (Court's new attitude/approach) which brings them into conflict with helix.

During said conflict they rescue Todd and maybe another JSA Legacy character.

Some other OG JSAer turns out to also still be alive (hopefully Jay, maybe he entered the speed force during the fight andnits taken him a while to get out).

It's time for everyone's speculations on what's to come next

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I'm curious as to how Syl came back. Pat confirmed his death himself. So what magical BS brought him back.

Whoever joins the JSA next needs to be a male member. Current team is overloaded with females.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I'm curious as to how Syl came back. Pat confirmed his death himself. So what magical BS brought him back.

Whoever joins the JSA next needs to be a male member. Current team is overloaded with females.
    Todd joining will literally even up the sexes.

Stargirl, Jade, Wildcat, Dr Midnite opposite
    STRIPE, Hourman, Jakeem, Obsidian.

I dont like our chances of getting a Dr Fate, Hawkman, Atom smasher or Cyclone due to the Black Adam movie. They've already used Citizen Steel in legends, so that's also unlikely. Capt Marvel has his Shazam movies. Mr Terrific was already in Arrow. Of the young JSAers that onlybleave Amazingman, Magog, Mr America, Damage and Tomcat. I doubt it will be the last due to 2 legacies.

Unless we go Inf Inc with Northwind, Silver Scarab, Nuklon (to separate him from Atom Smashet and maybe using the power to alter density he used more often than growing with that Identity

Oh hell, I Forgot Sandman/Sandy. Hell yes after Todd we need Sandman (plus hebwould be a legacy to an OG character we had represented in the ISA take down. Sandman's gas mask was there.
    Last edited by beatboks; 11-05-2021 at 03:17 AM.

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

I enjoyed the season 2 finale, wish it had 10-15 minutes longer as in some parts it felt rushed.
    I am concern that the cast is getting bloated, there are alot of characters to juggle.
    Prince Ra-Man on the movie marquee.

HOS76RaMan.jpg