Page 159 of 187 FirstFirst ... 59109149155156157158159160161162163169 ... LastLast
Results 2,371 to 2,385 of 2791

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    BOO!!!! I want Jack, not Sylvester ripping off Jack.
    They've mentioned Ted Knight and Opal City, but I'm not sure if we'll ever actually go there...

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

James Robinson is a writer on the show, right? Jack Knight shouldn't be off the table

Stargirl season 3 premieres August 31st.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...180030097.html

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

That is much later than I thought. It is essentially a Fall show at that point, not a summer show, as Fall shows will be debuting in September.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    That is much later than I thought. It is essentially a Fall show at that point, not a summer show, as Fall shows will be debuting in September.
    Your point interests me. Is the usual seasonal cycle eroding, or is it just something with this show?

Heaven knows that the generally accepted rules of video production have been under assault from numerous directions these last few years. Streaming. Covid impacts (on both viewers and production). Variable episode lengths. Binging release v. weekly release. Ad-free options.

If not now, might we soon see the usual way release dates have worked change?

For this, and other CW shows, the understood at this point still remains that Covid is impacting their filming thru release cycle.
    Candice Patton posting about how her appearances in Flash being spotty were due to contract stipulations she had in her S8 contract to account for possible new Covid surge that would limit travel across the border.
    Canada is still in a larger state of mandates and controls as I understand it, may also be Union issues at play but that is me speculating.

Stargirls first two seasons followed the more standard and traditional Summer slot. Running anywhere from June to July, at latest maybe ending in early August. However, starting at what is essentially September means the show will be on in October.

It is just taking awhile for all things to shake back out to "normal" in all areas.

Mighty Member

Will there be a panel at comicon?

Quote Originally Posted by tabo61 View Post
    Will there be a panel at comicon?
    I hope so.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

Incredible Member

I read somewhere that CW (or Discovery+) was moving Stargirl from a summer schedule to a fall schedule. Probably to fill a hole they made when they cancelled so many shows.

Not quite, as Stargirl has been Flash's mid-season replacement, their roles have now reversed. Last season Flash aired five episodes before Christmas and 15 after Christmas. This coming season Flash starts in the New Year, but I think it only has 15 episodes. That's why Stargirl is starting a month later then last year this time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    They did announce this season to be a Fall show from the start. However, every other CW show not held over to mid-season starts in October.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Currently Reading: DC v. Vampires / Batman: Urban Legends / Robin / Nightwing / Mister Miracle: The Source of Freedom

Incredible Member

I tried to watch season 2, but the effects on that discount green lantern were so off putting I was done. They took out the best character in season 1, kid brainwave and the wasteland of interesting people to watch is damning. It looked like they might be doing a magic angle, but again they took out the magic hat storyline of the magician from season 1, could have had the son take up the mantle but not even that.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    They did announce this season to be a Fall show from the start. However, every other CW show not held over to mid-season starts in October.
    I missed that news so glad to know they did announce it that way cause that was clearly my takeaway. Thanks for confirming that.

Quote Originally Posted by thefinalguy View Post
    So we can look forward too:

- Sylvester really ingratiating himself with the family and training Courtney! He even brings out the suit .

- The Gambler is back.

- Yeah, I figured Sylester wouldn't want a normal job .

- Sylvester having a very realistic reaction to the Crocks' living next door...

I do love that Sylvester is training her. I love seeing The Gambler again And I love how mad Sylverster got at the Injustice gang living in the same town and being chummy it looks like.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.