Page 160 of 187 FirstFirst ... 60110150156157158159160161162163164170 ... LastLast
Results 2,386 to 2,400 of 2791

I just wonder how long the villains will actually stay friendly.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    I just wonder how long the villains will actually stay friendly.
    I'll take a guess by episode 3 they be back to their old ways.

The arc is called Frenemies. I can see them having plenty of petty fights.... only to end up teaming up against a common larger threat (i.e. this season's big bad).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I'm just glad Sylvester is acting reasonably to the people who helped murder all their friends being around as neighbors.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Just finished season 2. While it wasn't quite the wild success that the 1st one was, it was still a very solid and satisfying season with some good developments.

Highs:

- The many flashbacks to the OG JSA (I often find myself wishing we'd just stay with them...)
    - The (elegant, competent, debonair) Shade & the stalwart Charles/Dr. Midnite
    - Mike's more involved role, the Thunderbolt, & Jakeem
    - Eclipso overall
    - Courtney maturing despite her stubborness
    - Beth's show of inner strength & creative use of the goggles
    - Yolanda's whole arc (a bit heavy but it worked)
    - The vote concept was cool, I know Identity Crisis isn't popular but it reminded me of that internal moral dilemma dynamic.
    - Pat using torture, lol
    - The dog
    - The choreography

Lukewarms & Lows:

- Beth needs to learn how to fight, you can't be in the field and be a below-average combatant
    - Not sure I really bought Eclipso trying to bring Courtney's darkness out of her. I feel like he would have needed to do something way darker than just twist Pat's arm and get her to say "I hate you". The dialogue surrounding these the theme of fighting fire vs fire/staying good were a bit on the nose at times.
    - I liked seeing Jade but wish she were slightly more sure of herself
    - Cindy is a good actress but I find her cartoonishly evil sometimes and hard to feel sorry for
    - Barbara is kind of a generic mom now. She used to be very career-driven and was more central to the plot, but now she's making everyone food and giving them pep talks.
    - At the end, the cast looked a little bloated. I hope they can spread them out properly.
    - I felt like Eclipso's tricks dragged on a bit and the team needed a mid-season win of some sort to break up their sense of helplessness.

Hopes for next season:
    - Not all of the villains being truly redeemed. I think redemptions are a little overdone in the genre.
    - Even though Eclipso was very well adapted, I'll be happy to see a return to more human enemies. They're more interesting.
    - The ISA coming back in some form
    - Some Artemis focus & maybe conflict with her parents
    - Tom Bronson!
    - Mr. Bones being awesome
    - Beth's new black & yellow costume
    - More flashbacks & adult JSA cameos

Astonishing Member

More JSA is always welcome. I'd like to see an adult other than Pat as part of the team. Being that he has no legacy, Jay is the best choice for rescuing from wherever he went. I don't even know for certain which JSA were actually killed back in the day -- I assume some members were actually buried.

Cindy is fun to watch -- the actress has a lot of charisma. I can see her being partially redeemed -- trying to do good, but approaching it the way a villain would.

The kid playing Eclipso got very old, very fast ins season 2. I would have preferred more of the actual Eclipso and much less of that kid.

It's too bad that the Thunderbolt will be voiced by a different actor.

I'm looking forward to Jade getting a costume similar to comic book version (please don't put her in Alan's costume), flashbacks with Alan, and introduction of Todd as Obsidian. I think they'll probably have a link between Todd and the Shade as well.

Boisterously Confused

Is there any sense of what the recent dumpster-fire at HBO Max might mean for Stargirl?

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    Is there any sense of what the recent dumpster-fire at HBO Max might mean for Stargirl?
    Isn't the question, "Is there any sense of what the recent dumpster-fire at the CW might mean for Stargirl?"

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Isn't the question, "Is there any sense of what the recent dumpster-fire at the CW might mean for Stargirl?"
    Wasn't tuned into that one. Honestly, I have a hard time keeping straight in which media bucket the different DC properties reside, and how/where they overlap.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Sadly, I think the answer to both questions is the same. Cancellation. I bet they'll wait until season 3 has aired to break the news.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Incredible Member

Brec Bassinger Teases Possible Stargirl "Crossover Cameo"

Brec Bassinger tells The Flash Podcast that while nothing is actually in the cards at the moment, there have been some talk of there being some sort of "crossover cameo", somewhere in the DC Universe.

"So, I do know just talking to Geoff [Johns], our showrunner… nothing specific to The Flash, but other things, there is still talks going on [about] a small crossover cameo situation. And we're actually working on schedules, so I'm hoping it works out because, clearly, last time it did not. But I'd say stay optimistic they're still pushing for it."

I would assume it would be an Arrowverse cameo, but I wonder who...

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I would assume it would be an Arrowverse cameo, but I wonder who...
    John Diggle? He does get around.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Diggle seems the likely candidate but as he has been bumping around in shows with nothing to show for it(his Justice U isn't happening now, nor is he Green Lantern) lets toss out options.

Sara Lance/White Canary
    Ray Palmer/Atom
    John Jones/Martian Manhunter
    Cisco Ramone/Vibe
    Jay Garrick/Flash (he technically already appeared)

I can't think of another Arrow cast member that a Stargirl(heavily focused JSA) show would make sense.
    Black Lightning also wouldn't have a thematic shared reason to cross. Same for Batwoman.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Mighty Member

I felt that the season premiere was pretty good. I liked how the episode ended with a murder mystery.