Page 161 of 187 FirstFirst ... 61111151157158159160161162163164165171 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,415 of 2791

I liked all the dynamics going on. Except for Cindy, who I have hated from the start.
    Wonder who the villain will be?
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

They pretty much give away who the murder victim is by the narrator's identity, but I guess that's kind of what you do? Are we going to hear the Gambler's voice all season?

Some peak Americana Blue Valley, right there!

I love Jakeem's reaction to throwing the paper to Shade, and how the Lightning Bolt (now voiced by Seth Green" is all "GTFO!!!!"

Beth's parents have now become season 1 Beth. And they actually designed a comic-accurate version of her original suit. Will they make a physical suit just to sell the joke?

I love how the Crocks have an early morning family exercise routine. And Tigress is a Tiger Mom (poor Barbara).

Sylvesters' a surprisingly great houseguest, but is he still rich? I think he came from a well-off family.

Does the Cosmic Staff make you quasi-immortal now? Like, Sylvester was buried for years, and suddenly Courtney activates the staff and he's alive? Was he in some kind of stasis instead? Do we have to test it by near-killing Courtney?

I understand Courtney's desire to be trusting and willing to believe in second chances...but I think most people would want to lock their door around the people he knew helped kill all his old friends. I also feel like Courtney's insistence on trust and compromise is going to end up biting her this season.

They finally bring in Becky Sharpe/Hazard! I was wondering if they'd ever reference her. I have to imagine Gambler looking into her was plot relevant and tied to what got him killed, so perhaps she's one of the kids Bones and his people have taken in like they did Todd/Obsidian? It seems like they're the ones monitoring everybody.

Courtney's one weakness...deadbeat dads trying to be there for their daughters!

I don't think enough credit has gone to the long-running subplot of Sportsmaster trying to get Pat fit. Also I guess he's back to running his gym like nothing ever happened.

So Shade's powers are wonky? And no love/loss between him and the Gambler since Gambler drained his funds as one last screw you when Shade bailed on the ISA. No honor among thieves, as they say.

I feel like Jade or Jakeem should have JSA membership, being actual JSA legacies, before Cindy or Artemis do. I can't fault Artemis' enthusiasm though (and, really, the team was kind of overpowered for those thugs). Also is Artemis wearing more green now like her hero self in YJ?

Just Sylvester and Pat going on a bro's trip with Cosmo. Even Cosmo felt a little guilty about it though. I was surprised we actually got some STRIPE screentime in the first episode, marginal as it was. Also Pat is now back to being a sidekick to two different Star-people. Perennial sidekick, that Stripesy!

I appreciated Sylvester mentioned his sister (Mary) dying, since we know Brainwave killed her in season 1. He also had a nephew he never knew about, which kind of sucks. I think he would have ultimately liked Henry.

Stargirl and Starman sharing the Cosmic Staff? I'm not sure how well that will work out in practice.

I love how Rick is all "we don't drink on the job" and Beth is the only one who brings up they're underage.

Was that not Grundy's roar at the end there?

Fun show - glad to see it back. I kept thinking there was something up with Sylvester and I don't know how much I buy his story, and I wondered at first if the "spy-cam" was him because he's a robot, but I can't imagine the cosmic staff being fooled, so I don't think so.

Cindy being the "Cordelia" of the group can work fine, but she needs for us to sympathize with her a little more or she'll be downright unlikable. I imagine being accused of murder might soften her - guess we'll see.

I feel it's been forever since this show was on - is Icicle Jr stil a dangling plot thread?

Astonishing Member

Forgot that the season was starting. I stream it anyway, so doesn't matter. I didn't see any promotions for the show, but I don't normally watch CW.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    Forgot that the season was starting. I stream it anyway, so doesn't matter. I didn't see any promotions for the show, but I don't normally watch CW.
    Same. Thank goodness for DVR, lol

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Same. Thank goodness for DVR, lol
    Same. I had no idea the new season was starting either, but there it was on my DVR.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Oh, first episode had dropped. Once I figured that out from these comments I stopped reading.
    My new backlog list for returning or existing shows has grown in August.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    They pretty much give away who the murder victim is by the narrator's identity, but I guess that's kind of what you do? Are we going to hear the Gambler's voice all season?

Some peak Americana Blue Valley, right there!

I love Jakeem's reaction to throwing the paper to Shade, and how the Lightning Bolt (now voiced by Seth Green" is all "GTFO!!!!"

Beth's parents have now become season 1 Beth. And they actually designed a comic-accurate version of her original suit. Will they make a physical suit just to sell the joke?

I love how the Crocks have an early morning family exercise routine. And Tigress is a Tiger Mom (poor Barbara).

Sylvesters' a surprisingly great houseguest, but is he still rich? I think he came from a well-off family.

Does the Cosmic Staff make you quasi-immortal now? Like, Sylvester was buried for years, and suddenly Courtney activates the staff and he's alive? Was he in some kind of stasis instead? Do we have to test it by near-killing Courtney?

I understand Courtney's desire to be trusting and willing to believe in second chances...but I think most people would want to lock their door around the people he knew helped kill all his old friends. I also feel like Courtney's insistence on trust and compromise is going to end up biting her this season.

They finally bring in Becky Sharpe/Hazard! I was wondering if they'd ever reference her. I have to imagine Gambler looking into her was plot relevant and tied to what got him killed, so perhaps she's one of the kids Bones and his people have taken in like they did Todd/Obsidian? It seems like they're the ones monitoring everybody.

Courtney's one weakness...deadbeat dads trying to be there for their daughters!

I don't think enough credit has gone to the long-running subplot of Sportsmaster trying to get Pat fit. Also I guess he's back to running his gym like nothing ever happened.

So Shade's powers are wonky? And no love/loss between him and the Gambler since Gambler drained his funds as one last screw you when Shade bailed on the ISA. No honor among thieves, as they say.

I feel like Jade or Jakeem should have JSA membership, being actual JSA legacies, before Cindy or Artemis do. I can't fault Artemis' enthusiasm though (and, really, the team was kind of overpowered for those thugs). Also is Artemis wearing more green now like her hero self in YJ?

Just Sylvester and Pat going on a bro's trip with Cosmo. Even Cosmo felt a little guilty about it though. I was surprised we actually got some STRIPE screentime in the first episode, marginal as it was. Also Pat is now back to being a sidekick to two different Star-people. Perennial sidekick, that Stripesy!

I appreciated Sylvester mentioned his sister (Mary) dying, since we know Brainwave killed her in season 1. He also had a nephew he never knew about, which kind of sucks. I think he would have ultimately liked Henry.

Stargirl and Starman sharing the Cosmic Staff? I'm not sure how well that will work out in practice.

I love how Rick is all "we don't drink on the job" and Beth is the only one who brings up they're underage.

Was that not Grundy's roar at the end there?
    Generally cosigned, but I'd argue since Sylvester was dead for roughly 10 years, he might not be able to access his old family wealth as easily as before.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Fun show - glad to see it back. I kept thinking there was something up with Sylvester and I don't know how much I buy his story, and I wondered at first if the "spy-cam" was him because he's a robot, but I can't imagine the cosmic staff being fooled, so I don't think so.

Cindy being the "Cordelia" of the group can work fine, but she needs for us to sympathize with her a little more or she'll be downright unlikable. I imagine being accused of murder might soften her - guess we'll see.

I feel it's been forever since this show was on - is Icicle Jr stil a dangling plot thread?
    Cameron Mahkent, the future Icicle, Jr., is probably going to be a thing this season, at least from what I've seen and read in interviews and promotional material so far. The fallout from him finding out that Courtney was involved in his father's death at the end of the first season . . . that's not going to be fun.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member

So, I'm guessing that whatever that organization was that Mister Bones was a part of is the one spying on everyone. Partially because they were already set up. And partially because it makes sense for the season to revolve around the good guys teaming up with the devils they don't know against the devils they don't.

And I know that I probably do something like this every season, but since we are dealing with a JSA/teen dramedy hybrid, I'm going to break down the American high school movie archetypes for every potential member of the JSA so far as I see them:

Stargirl-cheerleader
    Wildcat-outcast
    Dr. Midnite-nerd
    Hourman-delinquent
    Jade-overachiever
    Jakeem Thunder-gamer
    Thunderbolt (yeah, why not count him)-class clown
    Shiv-mean girl
    Tigress-jock

Ultimate Member

I'm just confused how the Crocks are able to be walking around.

I mean, did they get released by the government or something?

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

Great start to season 3. Love seeing NATHANIEL DUSK on the movie Marquee.

DuskPI.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    I'm just confused how the Crocks are able to be walking around.

I mean, did they get released by the government or something?
    Maybe they just gave up because they keep breaking out of prison .

Great to have Stargirl back. I'm looking forward to seeing how all these plots play out, even if I'm less enthused by Sylvester's return (this show is about legacy, but taking the Knights out of Starman's legacy is just wrong). I still don't think this is the real Sylvester, though. Maybe he's from another Earth? But between the murder mystery, the enemies becoming friends, Grundy's possible return, more Thunderbolt, Jade, Bones...there's a lot I'm looking forward to.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Diggle seems the likely candidate but as he has been bumping around in shows with nothing to show for it(his Justice U isn't happening now, nor is he Green Lantern) lets toss out options.

Sara Lance/White Canary
    Ray Palmer/Atom
    John Jones/Martian Manhunter
    Cisco Ramone/Vibe
    Jay Garrick/Flash (he technically already appeared)

I can't think of another Arrow cast member that a Stargirl(heavily focused JSA) show would make sense.
    Green Arrow and Speedy would make a lot of sense since we saw them in Pat's picture of the Seven Soldiers of Victory. Not that I'm expecting Amell or Haynes to show up, but I could see them wanting to do more with the Seven Soldiers.

I love that. Crusher has always thought of Pat as his friend and personal project.

So Shade's powers are wonky?
    Could we be getting an appearance from...Simon Culp?

Also is Artemis wearing more green now like her hero self in YJ?
    That's cool. Even though on YJ she ditched the green and switched to Tigress two seasons ago.

Quote Originally Posted by AdamFTF View Post
    And I know that I probably do something like this every season, but since we are dealing with a JSA/teen dramedy hybrid, I'm going to break down the American high school movie archetypes for every potential member of the JSA so far as I see them:

Stargirl-cheerleader
    Wildcat-outcast
    Dr. Midnite-nerd
    Hourman-delinquent
    Jade-overachiever
    Jakeem Thunder-gamer
    Thunderbolt (yeah, why not count him)-class clown
    Shiv-mean girl
    Tigress-jock
    Sounds about right. Artemis even pointed out the jock/nerd thing to Beth. I feel like maybe Mike can be the class clown. And if Cameron joins them, he can be the shy artist.

Astonishing Member

Waiting for the F-15s to shoot down giant flying robot or does a dude in his garage invent perfect stealth. Maybe no 9/11 in their universe.

Still they are such a weak super team. Need Jade back and up to speed, same with the Thunderbolt.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    Great to have Stargirl back. I'm looking forward to seeing how all these plots play out, even if I'm less enthused by Sylvester's return (this show is about legacy, but taking the Knights out of Starman's legacy is just wrong). I still don't think this is the real Sylvester, though. Maybe he's from another Earth? But between the murder mystery, the enemies becoming friends, Grundy's possible return, more Thunderbolt, Jade, Bones...there's a lot I'm looking forward to.
    They namedropped Ted Knight once already. So, they're not necessarily gone. I think there's more to the JSA's history than we've seen yet. Especially as they've already dropped hints that the JSA were still around during WWII.

Could we be getting an appearance from . . . Simon Culp?
    Could be, but it could also have something to do with Obsidian.

Sounds about right. Artemis even pointed out the jock/nerd thing to Beth. I feel like maybe Mike can be the class clown. And if Cameron joins them, he can be the shy artist.
    Sadly, I don't think we'll ever find out who the stoner of the JSA is.

Well . . . maybe Tommy Bronson. But they've already got a Wildcat.