Page 165 of 187 FirstFirst ... 65115155161162163164165166167168169175 ... LastLast
Results 2,461 to 2,475 of 2791
    Spectacular Member

I just realized that Shades weirdness Could be Todd using his powers.

Quote Originally Posted by mortari View Post
    I just realized that Shades weirdness Could be Todd using his powers.
    Oooh, I like that theory - I hope that's what it is!

It might explain the green effect whenever he uses his powers. Maybe that's how they're depicting Obsidian's abilities.

Mighty Member

That supermarket brawl was awesome.

I was just going to post the same thing.
    This season is very good so far.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

For a show that's not deadly serious like some other superhero properties, the whole "frenemies" premise really works for me. The show had always given almost equal time to the villains and their stories anyway, so having them now be the same story as they're all hanging out together just saves time and creates a lot of fun dynamics.

Pat seems to still barely put up with Crusher, but who knew Barbara and Tigress would be a good duo? The Rotary Club meeting was sweet and showed to me that they've genuinely become friends.

Luke Wilson also continues to shine as the heart of the show - loved his speech to Sylvester.

I like how Slyvesters' car are blue and white, like his personal colors.

Sylvester was rough on the food I assume she prepared, but it was nice of him to tell Yolanda about Ted and how he probably would've been 100% in support of her...in his own way.

I love how Cameron's grandparents see Sylvester and are like "wait, didn't our son kill that guy?"

Beth's parents seem to want in on every facet of her Superhero life now. But I'm glad Ricks' uncle is completely out of his life. Now we just need to get Yolanda away from her family.

Having the Crocks show up and hijack breakfast...really makes you wish they'd lock the door more.

So Cindy is trying to help the investigation on the sly but also acting in a way that just makes the team distrust her even more. It also seems like she wants her dads' files to understand what's going on with her body now.

Only a true troll would make a message mocking you every time you use an incorrect password. And it has multiple phrases! That's dedication.

What does a Women's Rotary Club actually do? But it seems like Barbara and Paula have really cemented their relationship/mutual support of each other.

I know she's Ricks' favorite teacher, but he was a little too aggro with Cameron there. It seems like these two just don't get along. And Cameron responds in kind by going all Icicle Jr. on Rick's car.

So Zeek has a tragic backstory too, although he kind of just brushed over the whole "mom abandoned me to my grandparents because I cried too much" thing.

Wow, Sylvester was absolutely savage to Cindy! "Dragon King's Demonspawn." Like, wow.

Man, Sylvester is out for blood. Is something seriously wrong with him or was he always like this? Because I just can't think he'd rush into public and set off a fight with civilians around and make such a mess but maybe that's why he always needed Pat around. I'm surprised Cosmo went along with it, but I guess he's pretty susceptible to doing whatever the person with the staff wants, no matter how dumb.

Sylvester is obviously not rusty when he can take on the Crocks' in tandem and he was basically winning, although admittedly the Crocks' were without their gear and costumes. I love how Crusher was so happy to find a bat though.

So it seems like the Crocks' are out of prison on some legal loophole they were paying off the Gambler to maintain?

Sylvester bringing up the elephant in the room of the Crocks' being responsible for the murder of most of their friends. It seems like Pat isn't out for vengeance because he knows where that leads and it would set a bad example for Courtney, and Sylvester needs to be that example as well because she looks up to him so much.

Is Cameron torn between his feelings for Courtney and his grandparents trying to push him to kill her and all her friends out of revenge? Because it seems like he knows everything now. Although ironically now he's the one ditching Courtney as things were getting good.

Oh yeah, I forgot that Courtney basically remade Sylvesters' costume into her Stargirl suit. Pat seemed really excited to be making Sylvester a new suit though, but I was kind of wondering if it'd be his Skyman suit from the comics. Although it doesn't seem like Sylvester will be wearing a new suit any time soon...

That grunting sound from the observer sounds the same as the grunt that attacked the Gambler, so I'm guessing that's our killer. Is it giant or was it some kind of levitation that hit Sylvester? I wonder if they're just being creative with Obsidian's powers.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Sylvester was rough on the food I assume she prepared, but it was nice of him to tell Yolanda about Ted and how he probably would've been 100% in support of her...in his own way.

That grunting sound from the observer sounds the same as the grunt that attacked the Gambler, so I'm guessing that's our killer. Is it giant or was it some kind of levitation that hit Sylvester? I wonder if they're just being creative with Obsidian's powers.
    Yolanda's a waitress - why would you think she prepared the food?

I had dismissed the notion after I first had it, but now I'm working my way back around to thinking that the murderer is somehow STRIPE being used.(by the person spying on everyone) Partly because we're a good part into what is being presented as a murder mystery, and it would be against the format for the culprit to be someone we've never seen before and simply introduced later in the story. The "growl" could be from STRIPE - we've heard it make car noises, and growling isn't so far off. (just ask Ed-209) Also, we've been seeing a lot of STRIPE this season as opposed to last season, even though he/it hasn't been doing very much, storywise.

Are the Crocks supposed to be enhanced?

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Are the Crocks supposed to be enhanced?
    No, but they are Olympic level athletes.
    Watching television is not an activity.

Speaking of the Crocks, sorry to say, but I think their whole "Trying to awkwardly act friendly while being invasive of someone's personal space" shtick is becoming quite old at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Yolanda's a waitress - why would you think she prepared the food?
    I might be mis-remembering her learning to prepare food last season. It kind of felt like she was fishing for compliments.
    I had dismissed the notion after I first had it, but now I'm working my way back around to thinking that the murderer is somehow STRIPE being used.(by the person spying on everyone) Partly because we're a good part into what is being presented as a murder mystery, and it would be against the format for the culprit to be someone we've never seen before and simply introduced later in the story. The "growl" could be from STRIPE - we've heard it make car noises, and growling isn't so far off. (just ask Ed-209) Also, we've been seeing a lot of STRIPE this season as opposed to last season, even though he/it hasn't been doing very much, storywise.
    I've seen speculation we're dealing with Kritter and Arak/Wind-Walker from Helix:

I knew Paula was going to threaten Barbarba's boss. The better pairing of the Crock-Dugan dynamics.

Courtney and Cameron's back-and-forth flirting is really funny when you consider the gap between S1 and S2. Did they just not talk or was Courtney too concerned with the possibility of villains showing up at the time? Now that she seems more "balanced", Cameron isn't. The next episode should be an interesting development.

Sylvester v. the Crocks was entertaining. You can tell they use ropes during these fights, even in s1. The quality is still good but its always been very apparent whenever the Crocks get into a fight.

Wish Beth and Rick had a longer scene, or at least another one. I wish we saw the JSA interact with each other more on screen and that not being with Courtney. Feels like Yoland isn't that close to Rick or Beth. This is why I don't mind a few filler episodes just for those little moments. And, don't get me wrong the show being narrative-driven is a good thing, but I can't see why it hasn't found time to make the friendships between Rick-Beth-Yolanda feel a bit closer.

I actually do think it's a bit terrible Courtney allowed Cindy on the team knowing how Yolanda feels. I'm hoping the fight between Yolanda and Cindy is good. Guessing Rick and Cameron will face off now too.

I have no idea where that growl comes from.

Feels weird Cindy hasn't spoken to Jenny, Jakeem's sister, yet, or Artemis. I know there's a murder mystery going on but it feels odd Artemis hasn't said anything about Cindy recruiting her for the team. Or, Cindy making amends with a friend she used to treat terribly unless she's just not in Blue Valley anymore.

The Gambler has an annoying pop-up every time someone guesses his password wrong, but not a cooldown? Or, maybe it is and we didn't see it. But then again, he probably finds it funnier they have to deal with his voice every time they get it wrong.
    Currently Reading: DC v. Vampires / Batman: Urban Legends / Robin / Nightwing / Mister Miracle: The Source of Freedom

Ultimate Member

Okay, that was a bad ass fight. Don't mess with Starman.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Okay, that was a bad ass fight. Don't mess with Starman.
    Honestly, I think that was a punk move on the part of Starman. He pretty much straight attacked unarmed and unprepared opponents. Granted, the fight scene was cool, though!

They have really made this guy completely unlikeable. I found myself rooting for the Crocks. I don't even feel bad about his potential "death" at the Gambler trailer. However, with Pat hard at work on a suit, you would think Starman survives.