Page 169 of 187 FirstFirst ... 69119159165166167168169170171172173179 ... LastLast
Results 2,521 to 2,535 of 2791
    Mighty Member

Glad the Hourman's hourglass finally was repaired.

Did Cindy seem delirious in that opening scene? Like she was surprised when she saw the Gambler's body and saw her blade out and was surprised to see what was behind her. Was she in some kind of trance? Although that moment with the gun was a rookie move.

Cameron with the smooth boyfriend move of walking Courtney home. Courtney with the smooth line about using wikipedia. And their second kiss! And of course in true teenager fashion, she's not telling her parents she's got a boyfriend.

Say what you will about the Gambler's password AI, at least it makes sure you feel like a winner when you use the correct password.

I guess I can understand why the ISA portrait would be triggering for Sylvester, but it's probably a good thing he wasn't in season 1 or he would've been totally out for blood...

Oh yeah, they have the ISA file on Icicle. That would probably be useful in understanding what's going on with Cameron.

Could Zeek have a romance on the horizon with that waitress?

Now the Crocks are investigating on their own and bothering Pat and Barbara on their lunch dates...They don't do those that often, Crocks! Although the fact that doing hero work has re-invigorated their sex lives and then them proceeding to make out was priceless.

Sylvester relating to Mike because he killed Sylvesters' killer (which Mike still seems touchy about) and reminds him of Sylvester as the Star-Spangled Kid (which I think is the first time they've mentioned that this season) was a nice scene. As was Sylvester being self-aware of how he lost control and was being a bad influence on the kids, and wanting to do better.

Crimson Avenger name-drop!

So, yeah, a "nice" bully is still a bully, they're just more polite about it. And then the JSA All Stars try way out of their league in recruiting Cindy, which ends in predictable fashion. But they sure tried!

I'm not surprised Courtney focusing on her boyfriend is distracting her or distancing her from the JSA stuff, but it's also creating more tension with the team, especially when they realize it's Cameron that's keeping her busy. But Rick is way too unnecessarily aggressive against Cameron. Although the two might have similar bad tempers, Cameron just learned to shut his down after going through a Summer Camp because he had it that bad when he was younger. And his anger is probably still in there, especially when someone, like Cindy, eggs him on.

Sylvester being a genuine mentor and solid adult figure! He even called them out on how they treated Cameron and gave them decent and reasonable (at least from his perspective) advice.

I'm glad they had Sylvester show more of a reaction to Mary and her death, as well as Yolanda finally bringing up Henry, his nephew. Probably a lot of feelings there.

Well, Beth was inevitably going to have to set boundaries with her parents because they kept pestering her and wanted to get way more involved than they were qualified for...even if it broke her heart to push them away. But they still seem closer as a couple, so I guess that's a positive.

Are we finally getting the Rex addicted to Miraclo story? Because there's no way him having the Hourman powers 24/7 is going to end well.

Yolanda breaking into Cindy's room made her look more like a cat burglar than a Superhero, but I guess it's better they realize Cindy's been keeping secrets now.

Courtney and Cameron getting intimate in his family home by the fireplace...and his grandparents are none too happy about it. This isn't going to end well.

I kinda feel bad for Beth, but it was something she had to do. Not only to protect them which was her intention, but also because of her own good. During season 1 they basically avoided Beth and they also avoided her during their plans of divorce and they only took interest in Beth's life when they found out she is a super-hero. That isn't exactly a healthy parents-child relationship, so I'm glad that Beth was able to put a stop to that.

The opening with Cindy was too obvious to not be misdirection. The question is why is she being so secretive about her research. All she does is complain about the JSA not letting her in on everything, and here she is keeping something very important from them. I know it has to do with the daughter of the Dragon stuff, but maybe they could help.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Incredible Member

The hot-head Starman plot really needs to be brought to a head.

Thunderbolts strikes again with the "nice" bullies. Can always count on that trio for a laugh.

Pretty sure there will be "heavy" repercussions for an Hourman that is strong 24/7.

The extremes of Beth's parents lacks credibility for me going from neglected in the early seasons to overly attentive now.

The Crocks have grown on me and I actually noticed the lack of Artemis this episode.

Quote Originally Posted by wleakr View Post
    The hot-head Starman plot really needs to be brought to a head.
    Aside from his outburst at the ISA portrait, this was probably his most level-headed episode.
    Pretty sure there will be "heavy" repercussions for an Hourman that is strong 24/7.
    I think Rick in the comics had a story where he became addicted to using Miraclo.
    The extremes of Beth's parents lacks credibility for me going from neglected in the early seasons to overly attentive now.
    There's probably a balance to be found here.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Aside from his outburst at the ISA portrait, this was probably his most level-headed episode.

I think Rick in the comics had a story where he became addicted to using Miraclo.

There's probably a balance to be found here.
    Both Rick and his father Rex, if I recall right. Besides that, yeah . . . the plot is definitely thickening, and things do not look like they'll be going well for a while.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member

I'm only four episodes in, but so far have found this season disappointing.

Sylvester's d-bag personality is one reason, but what happened to the DEO/Mr. Bones/Obsidian story from last season's conclusion?! I want Jade & Obsidian!!

Frankly, the rest of 'Infinity Inc' are starting to get on my nerves. Beth has no business being in the field (and she should listen to her parents and get a new look is she insists on going out with the others in costume). Yolanda's problems with her parents looks like they won't be resolved until she leaves home. Rick still seems to be dealing with anger issues. Too bad Brainwave, Jr. is still dead. Icecicle, Jr. has been one of the few promising developments.

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    I'm only four episodes in, but so far have found this season disappointing.

Sylvester's d-bag personality is one reason, but what happened to the DEO/Mr. Bones/Obsidian story from last season's conclusion?! I want Jade & Obsidian!!

Frankly, the rest of 'Infinity Inc' are starting to get on my nerves. Beth has no business being in the field (and she should listen to her parents and get a new look is she insists on going out with the others in costume). Yolanda's problems with her parents looks like they won't be resolved until she leaves home. Rick still seems to be dealing with anger issues. Too bad Brainwave, Jr. is still dead. Icecicle, Jr. has been one of the few promising developments.
    To be honest I think this episode had Sylvester at his least D-baggy.

I think they're building up to the big reveal about Bones and Helix since they're probably the ones who orchestrated Gamblers' murder and is monitoring everyone.

One of the future episode titles is "Black Out Bombs" so they might finally give Beth weapons.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

To be honest I think this episode had Sylvester at his least D-baggy.

I think they're building up to the big reveal about Bones and Helix since they're probably the ones who orchestrated Gamblers' murder and is monitoring everyone.

One of the future episode titles is "Black Out Bombs" so they might finally give Beth weapons.
    Would make sense, and yes, if Beth's still gonna be out in the field without any training or abilities that give her some form of combat viability, the Black Out Bombs would be very handy. At least Sylvester seems to finally be aware (or admit) that he's got a problem. I'd ask if he's tried seeing a therapist, but barring the last few years possibly, the superhero genre hasn't depicted psychotherapy and mental illness --- to say nothing of mental healthcare --- in the best light. Would be nice to see some positive ground broken there, though as I said before, it does look like things are going to get worse before they get better.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Cindy being a bitch to Cameron shows that she is still the same deep down, imO.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    Cindy being a bitch to Cameron shows that she is still the same deep down, imO.
    I think her intentions were genuine in as far as determining whether Cameron still had his anger problems and whether his powers were active, because that could be dangerous for Courtney, but she went about it badly.

Has she ever even properly apologized for what she put Yolanda through?

Ultimate Member

I think her intentions were genuine in as far as determining whether Cameron still had his anger problems and whether his powers were active, because that could be dangerous for Courtney, but she went about it badly.

Has she ever even properly apologized for what she put Yolanda through?
    Don't think so. Though the Crocks seem to glide right over the fact that they killed a woman in Pat's house...

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Don't think so. Though the Crocks seem to glide right over the fact that they killed a woman in Pat's house...
    Let bygones be bygones!

I love the idea that Courtney can be distracted by her Stargirl duties because things are progressing with Cameron. She has a heart of a hero, but she's still a teenage girl.

All-Star name drop! Mike and Jakeem are such goofs, it's hilarious. Cindy wouldn't be caught dead teaming up with them.

Beth wanting to protect her parents is...weird. Like, I get the whole superhero keeping their civilian loved ones are arms-length, but Dr. Mid-Nite is so low on the power scale that if someone broke into the Chapel house, she'd be the least likely to defend her family. At least she has enough integrity not to cheat on tests.

That snowglobe really looked a heck of a lot like Courtney. Like, I think I have literally seen her wear that exact outfit at some point.
    It's so we don't think that's Nora Fries.

Quote Originally Posted by signalman112 View Post
    Wish we would get a flashback with Ted handing off the staff to Sylvester.
    That would be sweet. Do we know the actual line of succession when it comes to the staff? There were like seven Starmen until Jack, and then the staff went to Courtney in the comics, so I'm wondering how the show views it.

Quote Originally Posted by tarbabe View Post
    In the last episode, it was funny how Cameron (for lack of a better word) ejaculated his icy load when Courtney touch him.
    Shades of Smallville's heat vision.

I'm not surprised Courtney focusing on her boyfriend is distracting her or distancing her from the JSA stuff, but it's also creating more tension with the team, especially when they realize it's Cameron that's keeping her busy. But Rick is way too unnecessarily aggressive against Cameron. Although the two might have similar bad tempers, Cameron just learned to shut his down after going through a Summer Camp because he had it that bad when he was younger. And his anger is probably still in there, especially when someone, like Cindy, eggs him on.
    Rick is definitely projecting, and I think he'll get even more aggressive having taken on the full Hourman power.

Quote Originally Posted by wleakr View Post
    The Crocks have grown on me and I actually noticed the lack of Artemis this episode.
    They have kind of shelved Artemis, and it's weird. Her parents have more personality than she does, but you'd think she would be more prominent.