Page 172 of 187 FirstFirst ... 72122162168169170171172173174175176182 ... LastLast
Results 2,566 to 2,580 of 2791

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    -- Speaking of, I have a theory that Zeek will develop the film from that camera he took and there'll be a picture there that will be a big clue as to who the murderer is, since they touched all those cameras. (honestly, the first thing I'd do is go to the camera store and see if maybe they had an old employee who was a big evil weirdo)
    I think the big takeaway from the cameras is how old they were. Could the killer be someone who was from the JSA's generation?

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by regnak View Post
    What could she really say? Ever heard of Pol Pot? Your dad was a lot like him? One wiped out a large percentage of his population for ideological reasons and the other would have if we didn’t stop him?
    Fair enough. There is no good way to admit that to someone.

Quote Originally Posted by tabo61 View Post
    Glad Yolanda moved out. Her mom acts like a dictator.
    Same here.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Todd! Finally! I've been waiting for him since season 2. I feel like the actor did a great job capturing his character and his difficult emotions in his brief screentime in this episode.

I was wondering how they would address Todd's sexuality but they straight up show him about to have a romantic (albeit illegal) dinner with his boyfriend, who was fully supportive and seemed to genuinely care about Todd (and the reverse was true).

So Todd was looking for Jenny too...only Jenny unknowingly screwed him over by accessing their dads' rings and unlocking their respective powers, only Todd can't control it. But dang it if he didn't recover quick when the police showed up!

When I saw Keith David's name, I knew we were in for some Mr. Bones content! Although I'm so used to him being a grey skull it's weird seeing his skull look...more fleshy? It kind of reminds me of Red Skull from that old, shoddy, Captain America movie. He even dresses like a Nazi.

The Whitmore's are better actors than the Duggans. And Pat's been doing the Superhero game for decades...

Joel McHale had the easiest role of the episode of just talking into everybody's ear and sassing them and the situation, which is peak Joel McHale.

I just seeing Rick, Zeek, and Jakeem on-screen together playing a boardgame. And Jakeem genuinely listening to all the crazy stuff Zeek tells him.

"Operation Blackout Bomb" cool reference, but can we actually get some Blackout Bombs for Beth? So she can, like, actually contribute to action scenes?

Beth gets a first-hand look at how the new 24-hour Hourman is becoming more and more aggressive and unhinged, as Rick "flexes" by smashing a bunch of school property. Will Beth be the one who is able to bring Rick back from this?

Well, Yolanda's mom finally caught her lies about the JSA stuff and gives her the ultimatum...and Yolanda finally moves out. Honestly between giving in to her mothers' demands and leaving, I'd take leaving any day. Courtney's family has been more of a family to her than her own have been in years (minus her brother).

Man, I missed The Shade. And he shows up with the complete top hat and sunglasses look! And he's still kind of a supervillain because he straight up kidnaps Courtney with no explanation. I also love how he's so done with this shows' plot and having to deal with teenagers.

Jenny and Shade is not the hilarious odd couple I was expecting to see on the show, and Jenny hasn't let go of the fact that he helped kill her dad, but their banter was quite fun.

They really just took Courtney...so she could give Jenny a pep talk? Particularly when she is in the worst emotional state to be giving a pep talk? Yikes.

I feel like if Jakeem had wished for "every camera in Blue Valley" they probably would have solved all of this. And maybe caused more problems, granted...

Playing D&D with your grandma sounds like a hoot, but it seems like the main point Zeek was trying to make was to teach Jakeem to have more self-confidence in himself and the Thunderbolt will respond by granting his wish more effectively. Maybe that's why Johnny was never able to master it.

Helix is probably super shady but it seems like in the case of Todd what they were doing to him was a "necessary evil" because he couldn't control his powers. Now, granted, maybe they incited him to that point but they might also be adding some moral ambiguity to Helix here.

So Obsidian is a straight-up rampaging shadow monster? I wonder if Todd, once he's more in control of himself, can form something closer to his comic look.

I was not expecting to return to the Shadowlands with Pat and Shade, but dang it if they won't make quite the dynamic duo as they try to survive together.
    Generally cosigned, especially on Todd. Not as familiar with him as I should be, so this should be a good avenue for me to get into his character. And yes, 24-Hourman does seem rather unhinged, and likely to get worse over time.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Although I'm still pissed by Yolanda's behaviour last episode, I feel bad for her after her mother kicked her out. Hope that by next episode she stops behaving like a jerk and apologizes to Courtney.

And yeah, Rick's power upgrade is gonna end badly. Wouldn't be surprised if he is the one that pushes Cameron to become a villain and starts a future conflict against him.
    Last edited by Johnrevenge; 10-21-2022 at 04:25 AM.

I think the big takeaway from the cameras is how old they were. Could the killer be someone who was from the JSA's generation?
    Could be an option, although it's also possible that Bones installed them too, we don't know how old he actually is in the show. Maybe his powers gave him longetivity.
    Last edited by Johnrevenge; 10-21-2022 at 04:27 AM.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Episode 7-Infinity Inc, pt.1

Great episode, I'd say the best one of the season so far.

• Shade is back, knew he likely would be and loved him in classic top hat with attire!
    • Blackout Bomb....we all saw that writers room. Now, the show really needs Beth in a few episodes of combat training. Something basic cause when she is in costume walking around she just gives off "cosplay at SDCC" type cool. We'd all fear for her in a fight where there are multiple threats.
    • Touched on already so I feel good I'm not the only one reading the Thunderbolt camera scene this way....our foe is old. Generationally old. Zeke is right, this is a clue just not in the 'wish specific' way he was thinking.
    • I liked the cgi with what we got on Todd's shadow essence.
    • Bones cgi also looked good. Did the budget get upped on this show for the season?
    • Rick is clearly being telegraphed as going off the rails. What do you think, 3 episodes out? That puts us at episode 10 out of what I guess will be 13 like the other seasons so time to get his head on straight.
    • No Cindy this episode.
    • How are they going to resolve the question of "who wields the staff"?
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    Although I'm still pissed by Yolanda's behaviour last episode, I feel bad for her after her mother kicked her out. Hope that by next episode she stops behaving like a jerk and apologizes to Courtney.
    Well, they'll probably have to work through their issues if they're going to be living together.
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post

Great episode, I'd say the best one of the season so far.

• Shade is back, knew he likely would be and loved him in classic top hat with attire!
    • Blackout Bomb....we all saw that writers room. Now, the show really needs Beth in a few episodes of combat training. Something basic cause when she is in costume walking around she just gives off "cosplay at SDCC" type cool. We'd all fear for her in a fight where there are multiple threats.
    • Touched on already so I feel good I'm not the only one reading the Thunderbolt camera scene this way....our foe is old. Generationally old. Zeke is right, this is a clue just not in the 'wish specific' way he was thinking.
    • I liked the cgi with what we got on Todd's shadow essence.
    • Bones cgi also looked good. Did the budget get upped on this show for the season?
    • Rick is clearly being telegraphed as going off the rails. What do you think, 3 episodes out? That puts us at episode 10 out of what I guess will be 13 like the other seasons so time to get his head on straight.
    • No Cindy this episode.
    • How are they going to resolve the question of "who wields the staff"?
    I can imagine they were saving up some of the CGI budget for the Bones/Todd stuff later in the season.

Mr Bones looks surprisingly good. Also, Rick, stop breaking stuff just for flexing, will ya?

Ultimate Member

Why did they need to wait for a black out to remove the cameras?

I mean, once those things are down, I'm pretty sure whoever's watching is gonna notice, and the list of suspects who might have deactivated them isn't long.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post

I mean, once those things are down, I'm pretty sure whoever's watching is gonna notice, and the list of suspects who might have deactivated them isn't long.
    That made no sense, or looking for the cameras in the dark with a flashlight. And why couldn't Beth just trace the camera signal to the bad guy?
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post

Assuming he didn't know they were behind it and thought it might've been a genuine blackout.

Of course Rick gave them away in the end anyways.

Also, random note, but I really like Zeke. He has become my favorite side-character. A genuinely fun and nice fellow.

Ultimate Member

Assuming he didn't know they were behind it and thought it might've been a genuine blackout.

Of course Rick gave them away in the end anyways.
    Yeah, the blackout wouldn't have tipped him off, but he would have noticed when everything but the cameras came back on

Astonishing Member

Maybe Judomaster can train her. Apparently, Sonia Sato has been lurking around this show as a credited extra for a couple seasons now: https://moviecomicswhoswho.wordpress...to-judomaster/

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AdamFTF View Post
    Maybe Judomaster can train her. Apparently, Sonia Sato has been lurking around this show as a credited extra for a couple seasons now: https://moviecomicswhoswho.wordpress...to-judomaster/
    That would be cool, although at this point, they could all use some of that.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

It's great to see Shade back, but I didn't expect him to be so funny. I know this is all about Jenny and Todd, but I'm wondering if we'll learn anything significant about Alan.

I just seeing Rick, Zeek, and Jakeem on-screen together playing a boardgame. And Jakeem genuinely listening to all the crazy stuff Zeek tells him.
    I'd like to think it means they three of them are buds, but since they were in the garage, that scene felt like it was a way to show what some of the other characters were doing by putting them together in one set they already have.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    -- I like that they gave Mr Bones translucent skin. Sometimes in the comics it seems like he's depicted as a living skeleton rather than a man with invisible skin and muscles.
    Mr. Bones has one of the weirdest appearances and powersets in comics. I wouldn't mind the show changing things up a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    And yeah, Rick's power upgrade is gonna end badly. Wouldn't be surprised if he is the one that pushes Cameron to become a villain and starts a future conflict against him.
    Sadly, that might be the case. But I still don't see Cameron fighting Courtney.

How are they going to resolve the question of "who wields the staff"?
    Hopefully not by killing Sylvester again.