Page 179 of 187 FirstFirst ... 79129169175176177178179180181182183 ... LastLast
Results 2,671 to 2,685 of 2791

Alright, I'll admit that I was never much of a Crocks-fan as many others were, often times they were quite annoying, but even I'll admit that that ending hit me hard ;_;

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    Alright, I'll admit that I was never much of a Crocks-fan as many others were, often times they were quite annoying, but even I'll admit that that ending hit me hard ;_;
    Same here.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Boisterously Confused

Yeah. As much as those what those two psychopaths got a pass on annoyed me, the end found a soft spot in me. From the opening sequence, it was clear they were in for something rude, but the end shocked me.

Paula grew on me more than Crusher did.

The dynamic between Paula and Barbara was more down-to-Earth (as much as it can be when you're getting closer to someone who tried to kill you.)

Even still, I didn't think the ending would hurt, but it still did. Very effective, especially when you consider the entire episode and season.

They got the ending they "deserve," all things considered.
    Currently Reading: DC v. Vampires / Batman: Urban Legends / Robin / Nightwing / Mister Miracle: The Source of Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by thefinalguy View Post
    Paula grew on me more than Crusher did.

The dynamic between Paula and Barbara was more down-to-Earth (as much as it can be when you're getting closer to someone who tried to kill you.)

Even still, I didn't think the ending would hurt, but it still did. Very effective, especially when you consider the entire episode and season.

They got the ending they "deserve," all things considered.
    Indeed, but given the strides they were making in becoming better people, it still hurt a fair bit. F***ing Icicle, man.

Honestly, I'm not very fond of Icicle returning. His shadow looming over the Cameron arc was all that was needed and I feel like Ultra Humanite would've been enough to carry the Season's main villain duty.

Boisterously Confused

On reflection, what I love about this episode was that it told us we accumulate debts in our lives that demand to be paid. Becoming better people has to be its own reward, and we can't count on it promising us a happy ending. Still, they met the end with dignity and hope their daughter would be okay.

In many ways this kind of resolved issues people had been having.

The Crocks being given a pass for their misdeeds and murders? Well, now they're dead.

Mike killed Icicle and they never properly developed that? Now Icicle is alive again!
    Honestly, I'm not very fond of Icicle returning. His shadow looming over the Cameron arc was all that was needed and I feel like Ultra Humanite would've been enough to carry the Season's main villain duty.
    Ultra-Humanite would probably be too costly to use too much of, which would necessitate a human antagonist (unless they establish he can change bodies willy-nilly) and using Icicle brings the series full-circle.

Although it is kind of funny to me that other than Brainwave the ISA have mostly just been killing themselves. Icicle killed the Crocks, Wizard, probably Gambler too...the Crocks killed Fiddler II.

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    On reflection, what I love about this episode was that it told us we accumulate debts in our lives that demand to be paid. Becoming better people has to be its own reward, and we can't count on it promising us a happy ending. Still, they met the end with dignity and hope their daughter would be okay.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    In many ways this kind of resolved issues people had been having.

The Crocks being given a pass for their misdeeds and murders? Well, now they're dead.

Mike killed Icicle and they never properly developed that? Now Icicle is alive again!

Ultra-Humanite would probably be too costly to use too much of, which would necessitate a human antagonist (unless they establish he can change bodies willy-nilly) and using Icicle brings the series full-circle.

Although it is kind of funny to me that other than Brainwave the ISA have mostly just been killing themselves. Icicle killed the Crocks, Wizard, probably Gambler too...the Crocks killed Fiddler II.
    Fair points there, and yeah, the Injustice Society (of America) killing themselves off more than either version of the Justice Society ever could manage . . . maybe it's supposed to be a way of saying, "Evil is counterproductive and ultimately turns on and consumes itself."

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    ... the Injustice Society (of America) killing themselves off more than either version of the Justice Society ever could manage . . . maybe it's supposed to be a way of saying, "Evil is counterproductive and ultimately turns on and consumes itself."
    True, however, they kind of made that point clear in the first season. Icicle and the Crocks were the only ones really taken out by the Legacy JSA. Still, not a bad moral to repeat.

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    True, however, they kind of made that point clear in the first season. Icicle and the Crocks were the only ones really taken out by the Legacy JSA. Still, not a bad moral to repeat.
    Grundy, too.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Grundy, too.
    I put an * on that one because Hourman let him go, and later more or less tamed him.

So this is going to end with Artemis trying to kill Cameron and Courtney protecting him and convincing her he's still good, huh?
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Space Ghost, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Me to, that was dark. The season has been excellent. A twist I did not see coming in the slightest. No treading water Flash style, just solid writing with good episodes.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    So this is going to end with Artemis trying to kill Cameron and Courtney protecting him and convincing her he's still good, huh?
    I mean, Cameron didn't kill her parents, his dad did.

Maybe she'll go for an eye for an eye, which is funny because they're married in the comics.