Page 183 of 187 FirstFirst ... 83133173179180181182183184185186187 LastLast
Results 2,731 to 2,745 of 2791
    Astonishing Member

Yep, the initial premise was stupid. The villains never should have been able to pull it off.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    Yep, the initial premise was stupid. The villains never should have been able to pull it off.
    Well, they set up a few reasons why it happened the way it did at least.

Boisterously Confused

How do you kill the Spectre and take care of his kids and family? Stardouche mentioned that. Never liked the idea that such a powerful JSA was just wiped out - Spectre, Fate, GL and a Flash - replaced by a bunch of kids? Stupid from the get go.

Flying around in a huge robot without a FAA team on your butt. Building it in a garage?
    I see your point. However, two things:
    • There's little overstating how much of an advantage ambush provides
    • Dr. Mid-Nite's abilities alone indicate that we can't assume the show's JSA are exact interpretations of the comics.

Dr. Fate and The Spectre may have been a good bit more manageable than they were in the comics, just as I don't recall the original comics putting the kind of handcuffs on The Thunderbolt the show has done.
    Last edited by DrNewGod; 12-05-2022 at 04:03 PM.

Ultimate Member

What bothers me more is that the ISA killed the JSA, disappeared and then...no one cared.

I know it's hard to convincing portray the law enforcement response, but it still seems weird that no one cared about an organization so powerful just vanishing after killing the most powerful heroes.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    What bothers me more is that the ISA killed the JSA, disappeared and then...no one cared.

I know it's hard to convincing portray the law enforcement response, but it still seems weird that no one cared about an organization so powerful just vanishing after killing the most powerful heroes.
    Maybe because a lot of them had secret identities and were mystery men there wasn't really a lot to investigate, other than maybe people noticing the JSA stopped appearing.

Astonishing Member

The premise is problematic. In our world, once powerful beings were known, such as a GL, Flash, Spectre, Fate, etc. - they wouldn't be mystery men for long. Government, academics, industrial scientists would be all over them to discover and/or control their secrets and abilities. Whole university departments and government labs would be in existence to delve into these processes.

Secret identities would never really work except for those who could remove themselves from reality such as Fate or Spectre.

The premise is problematic. In our world, once powerful beings were known, such as a GL, Flash, Spectre, Fate, etc. - they wouldn't be mystery men for long. Government, academics, industrial scientists would be all over them to discover and/or control their secrets and abilities. Whole university departments and government labs would be in existence to delve into these processes.

Secret identities would never really work except for those who could remove themselves from reality such as Fate or Spectre.
    That's true for pretty much all superhero fiction unless you're talking books like "Watchmen" or "The Boys." There are just certain conceits in traditional superhero books that I am fine with accepting so we can just get on with it and have some fun.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post

That's true for pretty much all superhero fiction unless you're talking books like "Watchmen" or "The Boys." There are just certain conceits in traditional superhero books that I am fine with accepting so we can just get on with it and have some fun.
    Agreed. There's been a lot of attempts to make superheroes "real," some better than others. But DC gave that up somewhere in the 1940s and never looked back.

This show has never pegged itself as realistic .

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Maybe because a lot of them had secret identities and were mystery men there wasn't really a lot to investigate, other than maybe people noticing the JSA stopped appearing.
    Except that they had a headquarters that was still standing, and somewhat operational. Remember that Jade crashed there in season 2.

People might not notice, but I find it hard to imagine that the government didn't.

Eh, depends on their powers and hell, relationship with the government.

Flash would be hard to track down, and GL could threaten to retire unless they gave them some space.

Incredible Member

I just hope it's a good moment when Courtney finally calls Pat "Dad" in the finale.

Though I think it's dumb they delayed it this long, since she told him she was his daughter in the Season 1 finale

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Except that they had a headquarters that was still standing, and somewhat operational. Remember that Jade crashed there in season 2.

People might not notice, but I find it hard to imagine that the government didn't.
    Yeah, but Jade was literally the daughter of an actual member of the team. Unless they had a government liaison she had more reason to actually know about it.

Looking at the JSA team now, it's all physical based powers and TB. Unless they make a wish for TB to do something crazy, how do they win?

Mighty Member

Great finale. Awesome to see Jay Garrick again.

Not sure how I feel. It was well done, and yes, seeing Jay was great, but kinda sad that it's over. It didn't have the run it should have, that other CW shows did, and this was one of the better done shows.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!