Page 2 of 187 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast

-- I'm guessing the green flames is just after-effects of some battle that involved GL.
    -- What costume is Joel McHale wearing? I know it's a DC character, but not Starman red/green.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    -- What costume is Joel McHale wearing? I know it's a DC character, but not Starman red/green.
    A take on the original (Sylvester Pemberton) Star Spangled Kid. Which also plays into Courtney's theme.
    With Luke Wilson being ally Pat Dugan Stripesy later S.T.R.I.P.E

Last edited by Güicho; 12-11-2019 at 01:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post
    A take on the original (Sylvester Pemberton) Star Spangled Kid. Which also plays into Courtney's theme.
    With Luke Wilson being alley Pat Dugan Stripesy later S.T.R.I.P.E
    Oooh, okay thanks - yeah, the outfit is from the Infinity Inc version with the white torso and red delta stripe. (a quick Google search shows he had black hair but for some reason I have an image in my mind of a blonde guy wearing that costume...?)

Meh. Stargirl has already shown up several times in other Arrowverse shows so why create yet another new one.

And is there really a clamor for Stargirl?

Not sure if a TV budget could do the effects but at this point I'd rather they just go with what they've teased multiple times and make Diggle a Green Lantern since his name is John and his stepdad's last name is Stewart. The movie side doesn't seem to be interested in doing GL again so bring it to the Arrowverse.

Quote Originally Posted by TriggerWarning View Post
    Meh. Stargirl has already shown up several times in other Arrowverse shows so why create yet another new one.
    This seems to be a more in-depth take then Stargirl on Smallville or Legends (where they really didn't do much with her).
    I think she has a lot of potential. It's an obvious passion project for Geoff Johns (understandably given who he based Courtney on).
    Not sure if a TV budget could do the effects but at this point I'd rather they just go with what they've teased multiple times and make Diggle a Green Lantern since his name is John and his stepdad's last name is Stewart. The movie side doesn't seem to be interested in doing GL again so bring it to the Arrowverse.
    The effects look pretty good in the trailer.

Quote Originally Posted by TriggerWarning View Post

99.9% of tv shows and movies are made without fans clamoring for them.(aside from sequels and that doesn't always turn out so well) It's interesting when fans seem to think creative people in the industry exist to please their desires, but they're the ones who plant those desires in the first place usually before audiences know what they want until they're shown.
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 12-13-2019 at 12:47 AM.

Retired

I want to be positive about this series, but there's part of me that isn't happy. James Robinson worked in concert with Geoff Johns when these comic books came out--and it was thanks to Robinson that Courtney got the staff from Jack Knight, she even got the Stargirl title (after being Star-Spangled Kid) due to Robinson's Starman. There have been efforts to bring Jack Knight to the screen, but so far nothing yet--however, if Stargirl has all his stuff, it seems less likely there will ever be a live action Jack Knight. Hopefully James is getting some kind of compensation--but I feel like he's been robbed.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    99.9% of tv shows and movies are made without fans clamoring for them.(aside from sequels and that doesn't always turn out so well) It's interesting when fans seem to think creative people in the industry exist to please their desires, but they're the ones who plant those desires in the first place usually before audiences know what they want until they're shown.
    Lol right.

I mean, who clamored for a show like Breaking Bad to be made before it was?

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    I want to be positive about this series, but there's part of me that isn't happy. James Robinson worked in concert with Geoff Johns when these comic books came out--and it was thanks to Robinson that Courtney got the staff from Jack Knight, she even got the Stargirl title (after being Star-Spangled Kid) due to Robinson's Starman. There have been efforts to bring Jack Knight to the screen, but so far nothing yet--however, if Stargirl has all his stuff, it seems less likely there will ever be a live action Jack Knight. Hopefully James is getting some kind of compensation--but I feel like he's been robbed.
    As much as I love Stargirl, I agree that it is past time someone has adapted James Robinson's Starman.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Quote Originally Posted by Bunch of Coconuts View Post
    Lol right.

I mean, who clamored for a show like Breaking Bad to be made before it was?
    It's this weird sense of entitlement and narcissism people have these days. If it isn't something they want no one else should have it either. Everyone else exists to please them.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    I am kind of bummed they're just making Star-Spangled Kid Starman when that's not how it was in the comics, but hopefully there's some acknowledgment of the Knight family in the series.

I am thrilled about this, but I kind of wish Starman would have gotten a series first.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I am kind of bummed they're just making Star-Spangled Kid Starman when that's not how it was in the comics, but hopefully there's some acknowledgment of the Knight family in the series.
    I understand they reasons that Jack can't be used as Robinson retains the rights to the character, but is there a reason that Ted Knight can't be used? I suppose the narrative works better if it's Slyvester but still call him by his actual hero name and not Starman.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

I can understand them not wanting to overly complicate the hero's backstory especially since she's a legacy. Hopefully, if the show continues we'll see some more past Starmen, similar to how Robinson found a way to connect them all. It'd be funny is they had Jack as the "Starman of the 90s."

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    I understand they reasons that Jack can't be used as Robinson retains the rights to the character, but is there a reason that Ted Knight can't be used? I suppose the narrative works better if it's Slyvester but still call him by his actual hero name and not Starman.
    Wait! Robinson owns the rights to Starman? This seems highly unlikely to me!
    Sandy Hausler
    DC Boards Moderator (along with The Darknight Detective (who has a much cooler name that I do))
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.