Page 28 of 187 FirstFirst ... 182425262728293031323878128 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    STRIPE does look a little too crisp to be CGI.
    Have no idea what it does or how well it moves on it's own. I imagine it has a lot of handlers. Just saw some BTS footage and it is real.
    Assassinate Putin!

Just watched Episode 2 of this.
    Except for the JLU cartoon, I never had any contact with Stargirl at all, but this is really good.

The CGI looks almost movie budget-good, the dynamic between Courtney and Pat is very interesting and the villains are engaging too.
    Hope is stays this good!

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Wildcat's parents are fucking shit. It seems like she's from a traditional spanish family so I'm not surprised they are treating her like a foster kid for her mistake. Her little bro could have her back a bit more.

We also see the catalyst for Beth becoming Midnite. It's quite odd to see the child smothering the parents. If the mom broke it to her easy she'll wouldn't become a superhero.

The Principal is the OG Fiddler in this continuity? DC going 2 for 2 on female Fiddlers.

I'm curious how the Injustice Society got Grundy to pose for their portrait.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Wildcat's parents are fucking shit. It seems like she's from a traditional spanish family so I'm not surprised they are treating her like a foster kid for her mistake. Her little bro could have her back a bit more.

We also see the catalyst for Beth becoming Midnite. It's quite odd to see the child smothering the parents. If the mom broke it to her easy she'll wouldn't become a superhero.

The Principal is the OG Fiddler in this continuity? DC going 2 for 2 on female Fiddlers.

I'm curious how the Injustice Society got Grundy to pose for their portrait.
    Tranquilizers?

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Just finished it...sooooooo

On the one hand I don't like the cavalier attitude from Courtney on being a super hero and the seriousness of it. On the other, super hero shows and characters do not need to be all dark and broody and such. There is a golden age gee golly willickers Mr. in the tone of the show and Court's outlook on things. I like it. Reminds me of the first season of the Flash. Got serious when it needed to but outside of that it was full tilt cheesy super hero fun and that is quite good with me.

Sucks about Yolanda's family but I have known friends whose families were just that strict when it came to how the outside world viewed them and their honor and such.

One thing I don't like, but I expected it, yet still don't like, is suit having tech abilities to make Yolanda a comparable hero. Like, I knew it was coming, but by the same token, for me it cheapens Wildcat. The OG Wildcat. Amongst super powered heroes and villains this guy had his wits and a good left hook, he was an everyman kinda hero, this makes it like anyone who can put on the suit, the armor, can do it. Not too too big a fan of that, but again, how were they going to compete with the ISA any other way right?

Pat getting hip to the evils Blue Valley have...sucks that it came at the expense of the Wizard's wife. Gotta think she knew who he was....Also gotta wonder how many people are in on it. The principal with the violin...or is that a fiddle? Was she playing to help heal or incapacitate Brainwave further...or simply playing for playing sake? Hmm...

Dragon King...love his intro and how creeped out Icicle seemed to be by him. Ready for more of him and to see how far his influence with Cindy goes.

Still a fun fun episode and can't wait for more.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Yeah. Would have preferred Yolanda to have the claws naturally, like she did in the books.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Are Cindy and Henry actually dating? For someone to claim Henry is her boyfriend I don't think I've actually seen those two share a scene together. Henry just ignored her when she bumped into him. It seems that Cindy ruined Yolanda's life just for being the girlfriend of the guy who was attracted to.

Fantastic Member

The episode was good.

My only complaint is that the lady playing Yolanda is in her late twenties. Can't they find actors closer to the characters' ages to play these roles?

Quote Originally Posted by AdamFTF View Post
    This seems to bother you a lot. Why?

It normally doesn't take a lot to become Wildcat. Ted Grant was just a tough-as-nails boxer who was inspired by some kid's Green Lantern comic to put on a panther costume and go fight crime. We've established that Yolanda is herself an athlete by showing her in the boxing gym. Maybe not as established as "Ted Grant, heavyweight champ" but you make some allowances for teen superhero stories. Having tech in the suit is pretty much par for the course for superhero stories in the 21st Century if you've seen any superhero show or movie in the last 20 years.

This shouldn't be a big deal.
    Wildcats story had more to it than that it was retroactively written that he was kidnapped before a fight and magically changed to a cat. Either Zatara or Sargon turned him back. That is how he gained his 9 lives and why he was so youthful. Every time he gets killed he revives at the age he was last killed. Yolanda actually had the powers the suit gives her in this show in the comics. She had them because her mom was experimented on when she was pregnant.

Its also not the powers but the predictability I have a problem with. We can already see that Beth will confront Yolanda about being Wildcat and that that is hiw she will get onnthe team. I'll bet that her nerdiness even leads to her knowing who Dr Mid-nite is and choosing his gear. It would have been a much more creative option if she got her powers like in the comics and it turned out that Dr Henry King wasnthenone doing those experiments on behalf of the American Dream program of the ISA. Of course that would have required a deeper dive, maybe more screen time and an extra episode or 2 to flesh out.

Quote Originally Posted by beatboks View Post
    Wildcats story had more to it than that it was retroactively written that he was kidnapped before a fight and magically changed to a cat. Either Zatara or Sargon turned him back. That is how he gained his 9 lives and why he was so youthful. Every time he gets killed he revives at the age he was last killed. Yolanda actually had the powers the suit gives her in this show in the comics. She had them because her mom was experimented on when she was pregnant.

Its also not the powers but the predictability I have a problem with. We can already see that Beth will confront Yolanda about being Wildcat and that that is hiw she will get onnthe team. I'll bet that her nerdiness even leads to her knowing who Dr Mid-nite is and choosing his gear. It would have been a much more creative option if she got her powers like in the comics and it turned out that Dr Henry King wasnthenone doing those experiments on behalf of the American Dream program of the ISA. Of course that would have required a deeper dive, maybe more screen time and an extra episode or 2 to flesh out.
    I'm willing to bet Beth becomes the new Midnite when she gets blinded. Likely caused by an incident by one of the bullies at the school.

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

I'm willing to bet Beth becomes the new Midnite when she gets blinded. Likely caused by an incident by one of the bullies at the school.
    M3h, I wouldn't dig that. She hasn't encountered any bullies yet, that we have seen. And we already had Yolanda go the bully route as part of her origin. I would think and hope if they are going to blind her, it would be due to her parent's negligence or stance of pushing her away from them (in a well-meaning effort to motivate her to get actual friends) and then some kinda shenanigans happen.

Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    M3h, I wouldn't dig that. She hasn't encountered any bullies yet, that we have seen. And we already had Yolanda go the bully route as part of her origin. I would think and hope if they are going to blind her, it would be due to her parent's negligence or stance of pushing her away from them (in a well-meaning effort to motivate her to get actual friends) and then some kinda shenanigans happen.
    I don't think the bullies will go after her directly. More like she gets caught in the crossfire in whatever they planned to do to Yolanda and Courtney.

Let this be a lesson, kids, about why sexting is a bad idea. And that girls should not feel the need to have to satisfy their horny boyfriends.

Was that boxer in the picture in Yolanda's room Ted Grant? I don't think she realized who Wildcat really was.

Courtney doesn't know that you have to say the magic word to release the Thunderbolt, or be chosen by it. Mike mentioned his friend Jakeem so we know he's coming .

I still question Courtney's belief that the best bet for the new JSA who will fight a bunch of experienced, adult, Supervillains...is a bunch of high schoolers whom she barely knows.

So Cindy/Shiv was totally the one who leaked the photo, right? Yolanda just thinks it was Henry and Henry never got a chance to explain. Either that or he assumes she sent it to everybody and that's why he called her "slut" in the first episode. Either that or peer pressure even though he knows Yolanda was the victim.

As soon as I heard the serious music when Cindy threatened Courtney, I thought to myself "she's totally already a Supervillain," and lo and behold her father confirms he's been experimenting on her.

Dragon King is suitably creepy, and it's interesting having an outside influence intimately involved with the ISA's grand plan. Which apparently involves...erasing a generation? Are they going to wipe out a bunch of adults or something? Or the non-Blue Valley communities ?

Man, Jordan is cold (pun intended). He just hands off Wizard's body to Dragon King without a second-thought. I know he probably wants to placate Dragon King, but considering what he is likely to do to Zarick's body...that's a terrible way to treat a former comrade.

Shade betrayed the ISA? That's why he's not there? Did he not agree with the New America plan? He was there when they attacked the JSA, so it doesn't seem like that's what he had a problem with.

Wildcat has a thorough wikipedia page but Yolanda has no idea who the JSA are? I guess she just wasn't into Superheroes.

It's so weird to imagine Ted Grant with this extensive supersuit with claws and super climbing/falling abilities when he's usually just a guy who knows how to throw a good right hook. Although it would be in-character if Ted had this fancy suit and he only ever used it to punch people.

"It's kind of tight" the bane of skintight spandex...

Courtney was five seconds away from killing a bunch of people on life support. She really needs to work on her impulse control. The Cosmic Staff has a better idea of what it's doing then she does.

Beth needs real friends. I guess her realizing Yolanda is a Superhero will lead her to joining the fight one way or another. Was the emphasis on her eyesight to indicate her future as Mid-Nite as well?

Yolanda actually does the reasonable thing and decides to get her life together before becoming a Superhero. Usually people just jump at the chance to be a hero whether it effects their personal life or otherwise. It's just too bad her family aside from her brother still wants to treat her like dirt even though she feels bad enough about things as is.

Pat slowly realizing that William Zarick might have been The Wizard, or at the very least his death is part of the conspiracy. Why would Joe, who wants to be like his father, want to be a magician? Because his father was a wizard. It's just a shame it all culminated in Pat discovering the ISA took care of the loose end that is Zarick's wife...that poor woman .
    I'm not sure if she's the OG!Fiddler or if she inherited her husband's talents. The Fiddler in the portrait looked more like a guy to me but I'd need a better look.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Shade betrayed the ISA? That's why he's not there? Did he not agree with the New America plan? He was there when they attacked the JSA, so it doesn't seem like that's what he had a problem with.
    I like to think Slade took a heroic turn like he did in Robinson's Starman. I think it would be sweet if he showed up to mentor Courtney for a bit and fill her in on exactly what she's dealing with.

I'm not sure if she's the OG!Fiddler or if she inherited her husband's talents. The Fiddler in the portrait looked more like a guy to me but I'd need a better look.
    I'm hoping she is the OG Fiddler as the Injustice Society looking like a sausage fest. Tigress can't be the only women on that team.

Pat slowly realizing that William Zarick might have been The Wizard, or at the very least his death is part of the conspiracy. Why would Joe, who wants to be like his father, want to be a magician? Because his father was a wizard. It's just a shame it all culminated in Pat discovering the ISA took care of the loose end that is Zarick's wife...that poor woman .
    THAT'S what that moment meant? Thanks.