Page 30 of 187 FirstFirst ... 202627282930313233344080130 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Well he did make a giant transformer that can be a car or a giant robot after all...
    Can it transform? I thought the robot and flying car were two different things

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Well he did make a giant transformer that can be a car or a giant robot after all...
    Is that confirmed though, i mean the fact that S.T.R.I.P.E is the star rocket racer? I saw that said on a video review that he had converted it, then when I saw him driving the star rocket racer this episode I thought (and said out loud) ohh the suit isnt the car. My son said "maybe it transforms like a transformer"

While that would be cool and all, why couldnt it just be two separate devices he's built. So he has a Mechanaut suit and his family car is a convertible flying rocket ship.

I like the show from what I've seen (3 episodes) but it a little hard for me to believe the ISA could beat let alone kill the JSA. I mean they had Dr Fate, Green Lantern the Thunderbolt and the Flash, while the ISA big guns Icicle, the magician and Solomon Grundy.
    Even if it was a sneak attack I can't see all of the villains making out alive while every single hero died. Now if had Johnny Sorrow been there, thats another story

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Can it transform? I thought the robot and flying car were two different things
    Yeah, I don't see how the car could transform into STRIPE either unless they eschew the Transformers' movies obsession with making sure the alt modes corresponded with the actual Robot modes in terms of weight and mass.

Quote Originally Posted by Alphaxman View Post
    I like the show from what I've seen (3 episodes) but it a little hard for me to believe the ISA could beat let alone kill the JSA. I mean they had Dr Fate, Green Lantern the Thunderbolt and the Flash, while the ISA big guns Icicle, the magician and Solomon Grundy.
    Even if it was a sneak attack I can't see all of the villains making out alive while every single hero died. Now if had Johnny Sorrow been there, thats another story
    Johnny Sorrow isnt as powerful or formidable as Brainwave, the Wizard or Shade. I dont see why he would make a difference.

In all star 15 Brainwave fought every member of the JSA including Spectre all across the country at the same time as capturing WW and their girl friends.

In All Star 55 he took out Alan Scot and Dr Fate from the other side of the planet with his mental constructs. They literally had to be dragged to safety by Dick Grayson (just returned as Robin) the next issue he was soloing the entire team including Powerful and Flash and had his brain drain apparatus feeding him power from the minds of his enemies themselves from fighting the very disasters he created.

https://comicvine1.cbsistatic.com/up...ill_energy.jpg

In all star squadron 19 he had Atom, Johnny Thunder, Hawkman, Starman, Dr Mid-nite, Dr Fate and sandman almost dead with the All Stars launching a mission to save them and also loosing. (At this point he still needed his equipment to augment his mental powers.

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/17qCNZYXRc...ee96AC4QOlw=s0

Also in issue 20 it was revealed that Henry King didnt think he was ready to face the Spectre so he had met with the JSA as Henry King and TP pushed spec to feel something that needed his attention elsewhere.

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/wsKfagwPrx...AEHg5huKh7L=s0

In a JLA/JSA cross over the wizard soloed most of the big 7 JLA in the bronze age. He was sportingnthe green cloak outfit at the time and not the magician top hat etc.

Shade is stared by Dr Fate to be someone the Spectre would have trouble with.

Honestly this combination had never been together at once in the comics and if it had the JSA would have had problems. All of them had been a member but I dont recall BW and Wizard or shade being active members at the same time

A couple quick thoughts:

I wouldn't be surprised if Yolanda's parents are under whatever spell/conditioning/what have you that Icicle and the ISA have going on with the town. Sexting definitely falls outside of the classic gosh-darn slice of Americana vibe that seems to be affecting the town, so maybe parents are going to be harsher to kids who don't fall in line with it. And given the brother had Yolanda's back, it's likely only affecting adults.

Regarding the Shade, we don't know if he was there battling the JSA. All we saw is his powers grabbing Dr. Mid-Nite and pulling him out of there, which could be construed as a rescue...maybe that was the night Shade betrayed them. And given that Mid-Nite was played by a name actor (Henry Thomas of E.T. fame) vs. a stand-in/extra, I suspect his story is far from over.

Quote Originally Posted by beatboks View Post
    . All of them had been a member but I dont recall BW and Wizard or shade being active members at the same time
    Just pulled some of my old issues and have to correct myself.

Wizard and Braiwave were members at the same time in the ISA's first appearance in All Star comics 37. The rest of the ISA was Vandal Savage, Per Degaton, The Thinker, The Gambler. That was the issue that Brainwave didnt really use his mental powers but his inventions. Like he faced Alan Scot in a vox he made that reversed energy so when GL fired on him he was hit with his own beam even stronger (double its strength)

https://comicvine1.cbsistatic.com/up...1749892981.jpg

Astonishing Member

Regarding the "I don't believe the ISA could have beaten all of them" thing . . .

Honestly, I don't think the "opposite number" team of villains really gets the respect that it once did in comics fan circles. Maybe it's because they're usually populated by the more "rank and file" villains rather than the bigger ones. Maybe it's because their successes seem to come few and far between. But teams like the Frightful Four, Injustice Gang and Injustice Society seem to get regarded as low-level threats at best or "lovable losers" at worst. Probably the villain team whose star has fallen the most is the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants. I personally blame a loss of any discernible goals as well as a short******d leader stint by the Toad in the '90s. (Personally, I kind of love these types of teams, but I'm odd).

Anyway, yeah, I imagine if they were led by some more recognizable mastermind type like Ultra-Humanite or Per Degaton or Vandal Savage or even if it was one of those types acting alone, people would probably buy it more easily than if it was a team of "regular villains".

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kaijudo View Post
    A couple quick thoughts:

I wouldn't be surprised if Yolanda's parents are under whatever spell/conditioning/what have you that Icicle and the ISA have going on with the town. Sexting definitely falls outside of the classic gosh-darn slice of Americana vibe that seems to be affecting the town, so maybe parents are going to be harsher to kids who don't fall in line with it. And given the brother had Yolanda's back, it's likely only affecting adults.

Regarding the Shade, we don't know if he was there battling the JSA. All we saw is his powers grabbing Dr. Mid-Nite and pulling him out of there, which could be construed as a rescue...maybe that was the night Shade betrayed them. And given that Mid-Nite was played by a name actor (Henry Thomas of E.T. fame) vs. a stand-in/extra, I suspect his story is far from over.
    If Midnite is still alive then they'll have to explain why he's been inactive for ten years. Shade recused him and kept him in the shadowlands?

Mighty Member

I have a terrifying feeling that Yolanda's secret identity is going to be discovered by her parents.

Quote Originally Posted by tabo61 View Post
    I have a terrifying feeling that Yolanda's secret identity is going to be discovered by her parents.
    If it means she has even more reason to stand up to them, then I'm all for it.

Quote Originally Posted by AdamFTF View Post
    Regarding the "I don't believe the ISA could have beaten all of them" thing . . .

Honestly, I don't think the "opposite number" team of villains really gets the respect that it once did in comics fan circles. Maybe it's because they're usually populated by the more "rank and file" villains rather than the bigger ones. Maybe it's because their successes seem to come few and far between. But teams like the Frightful Four, Injustice Gang and Injustice Society seem to get regarded as low-level threats at best or "lovable losers" at worst. Probably the villain team whose star has fallen the most is the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants. I personally blame a loss of any discernible goals as well as a short******d leader stint by the Toad in the '90s. (Personally, I kind of love these types of teams, but I'm odd).

Anyway, yeah, I imagine if they were led by some more recognizable mastermind type like Ultra-Humanite or Per Degaton or Vandal Savage or even if it was one of those types acting alone, people would probably buy it more easily than if it was a team of "regular villains".
    Exactly. I mean how many times do we havento see
    The powerhouses on superhero teams not tale part or just get removed by a plot device so that the lesser characters can play a worthwhile role. Similarly a team of villains is somehow never as effective or as great a threat as they are all alone.

Quote Originally Posted by tabo61 View Post
    I think that's the only way we're going to see her family show her any respect at all

So I guess Denise is either dead or she will turn up alive and with the wand, seeking revenge?

Originally Posted by AdamFTF

I imagine if they were led by some more recognizable mastermind type like Ultra-Humanite or Per Degaton or Vandal Savage or even if it was one of those types acting alone, people would probably buy it more easily
    On a side note, I fervantly hope that Ultra is the big bad of season 2 when there are more members of the JSA. He would have been a waste this season vs only the four kids and S.T.R.I.P.E. I mean really he had the All star Squadron at his mercy (lost because Cyclotron and Amazingmannchanged sides). Orchestrated defeating the JLA and JSA (only lost because Cheetah turned on him). Had the JSA and Inf Inc vertually defeated (until he put BW jnrs life at risk and Brainwave Snr turned on him). Hell he had every hero on the planet his pawn and was beaten because Young Icicle turned sides.

I mean the story will have a predictable end, some underling with screw the pooch for him, but he'll raise hell as the story unfolds