Page 35 of 187 FirstFirst ... 253132333435363738394585135 ... LastLast

I knew the ISA had killed the Tyler's, but it was still rough to watch. I guess Grundy is who they send to make sure "accidents" happen on the road .

Matt is an example of how leaving your kid in the hand of your in-laws with no waring doesn't always turn out well. Matt lost his sister and feels like he lost his life to taking care of a kid he barely knew and now he's filled with nothing but resentment and hate that he takes out on Rick. Is it any wonder Rick ended up so messed up emotionally?

I think that's the first time we've seen Courtney and Mike bicker like the do in the comics. Up to this point they've seemed to be fairly casual or agreeable with each other.

So I guess Fiddler passed on everything he knew to his wife, either that or..maybe Principal Bowin is the one who taught him in the first place? Or maybe it's just the violin that makes them dangerous and they both just happened to be proficient in violins.

I love how Artemis' one scene is her wearing green and tackling some dude .

The janitor is totally Shining Knight. Why else would a random janitor start talking like he's from King Arthur's time and warn of "dragons?" Of course he could've been referring to Dragon King...

I love that Mid-Nite's goggles have a Charles McNider AI that can talk to Beth. Really nice way of honoring the first Mid-Nite and finding a cool way of getting through a lot of exposition. "Chuck" did an amazing job building those goggles so that they'd be completely up to date despite not being in-use for 10 years .

Beth just needs friends even though no one, even her parents, has the time for her. So I guess forcing yourself on a Superhero team by just wearing a pair of plot-relevant goggles by chance is as valid a way to make friends as any. And those goggles seem way more useful then Beth is on-paper.

With how frivolously the MCU and the Arrowverse treat secret identities at times, it's nice to see something that treats them with some importance and as "Superhero 101." Because if the ISA knew who these kids were, the and their parents would be dead faster then you can say "Grundy." Just look at poor Red Bee...

Cindy has a photo of her dad presumably before he experimented on himself in her room. I have to imagine if someone saw it they'd say "Cindy, how old is your dad supposed to be?"

Brainwave Jr. is finally unlocking his powers. I guess the grief of losing his dad helped him unlock it.

I take it Rick is going to go through the classic "Justice, not vengeance" character arc. I can already foresee the team or Courtney having to talk him down from killing someone. Although Grundy's a zombie so I guess he can go to town?

Suffice it to say...don't make a deal with The Gambler. And it looks like the ISA's plan hinges on some kind of satellite construct?

I guess it's a good sign that there's still some energy in Alan's Lantern. The only question is finding someone who can draw out the energy from it.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

Suffice it to say...don't make a deal with The Gambler. And it looks like the ISA's plan hinges on some kind of satellite construct?

I guess it's a good sign that there's still some energy in Alan's Lantern. The only question is finding someone who can draw out the energy from it.
    The guy is an idiot for eating that chocolate coin. I wouldn't eat any food from someone who would see me as a liability.

Is Jade in Blue Valley? I don't see who else can use his lantern.

This has been bothering me but did Rex really need to take his wife with him? His wife wasn't a superhero so I don't why she had to go with him.
    Last edited by Immortal Weapon; 06-15-2020 at 05:21 PM.

Astonishing Member

Thoughts:

- So, Beth is going to be the "I figured it out so I'm on the team now" character. Not as unusual a thing in superhero comics as some might think. Look at how Tim Drake became Robin.

- Are they really playing "Wonderful" by Everclear? Suddenly, this show feels like it takes place in the late '90s/early 2000s like the original Stars and S.T.R.I.P.E. comics did.

- The Mid-Nite goggles and the Wildcat suit are evidence that these things are going to be more tech-based. Even Courtney's suit being made of some weird material that resists cutting supports that. This may upset a few people, but the writing's been on the wall in most non-comics superhero media for the past 20 years.

- Speaking of tech, we now know Hourman's hourglass is what gives him the powers instead of the Miraclo pills. Still might be in keeping with the Hourman legacy, though. Wasn't flipping the hourglass in his chest the way the android Hourman used to activate his hour of power?

- Saw an idea on Twitter that Principal Bowin might be a minor Fiddler-adjacent villain from the comics named Virtuoso. It would be an interesting way of floating in the idea that the Fiddler had a wife. Maybe they were a sort of Bonnie-and-Clyde type of supervillain duo at one point.

- Also on Twitter, I saw that some people are really excited to see Artemis Crock do something. I thought that was kind of strange until I remembered that the Young Justice cartoon was something that people were really into.

- And so the Princess (Stargirl) having recruited the Outcast (Wildcat), the Brain (Dr. Midnight) and the Delinquent (Hourman), the team is just an Athlete (possibly Brainwave Jr.) away from becoming The Breakfast Club of America! Okay, okay, I kid! But who'd have thought that a combination of Stars and S.T.R.I.P.E. and Infinity Inc. would be the best foundation for basically the DC equivalent of X-Men: Evolution? Think about it. You know it's true.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Great episode!

Love the implications that Doctor Mid-Nite's age bring into the equation.

Courtney attempting to take back Hourman's hourglass when Rick went full James Hurley 'sentient form of all the angst in this town"- I love these kinds of characters.
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 06-16-2020 at 07:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    The guy is an idiot for eating that chocolate coin. I wouldn't eat any food from someone who would see me as a liability.

Is Jade in Blue Valley? I don't see who else can use his lantern.

This has been bothering me but did Rex really need to take his wife with him? His wife wasn't a superhero so I don't why she had to go with him.
    Iscicle seems to be of the "Queen of Fables" mindset of clensing the bloodline of your enemies, going by what happened to the Wizard's family. I mean, they didn't even let the wife live, and she was running away. I figure Hourman knew his number was up and so was his immediate family but probably figured his wife's brother was enough separation to escape Grundy's wrath. Which is why he didn't just leave Rick with his uncle, he also pressured the uncle to pretend he was Rick's father. So leaving the mom would probably have screwed up the whole plan to protect Rick.

Incredible Member

Started the show a few days ago. It's really good, full of teenage innocence, and with the inclusion of Rick, angst. I love that the exploit the theme of legacy which is an important theme of the Justice Society.
    For now my prefered character is Beth, she's so cute and sad at the same time, annoying and charming.
    So, who are gonna join the Justice Society? Jade looks like a safe bet. Jakeem too and maybe Brainwave Jr?

Ultimate Member

I don't see Jade joining any time soon, if only because she would probably require a fair bit of CGI.

But then, I never thought they'd make Beast Boy in live action, so...

Extraordinary Member

I guess I missed the episode most of you are talking about. The one I saw on Sunday night was about Wildcat. It was a good episode.

I'm probably going to be disappointed, but who I want to see on the show is Atom Smasher. I loved his and Courtney's vibe in the early issues of JSA.

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    Iscicle seems to be of the "Queen of Fables" mindset of clensing the bloodline of your enemies, going by what happened to the Wizard's family. I mean, they didn't even let the wife live, and she was running away. I figure Hourman knew his number was up and so was his immediate family but probably figured his wife's brother was enough separation to escape Grundy's wrath. Which is why he didn't just leave Rick with his uncle, he also pressured the uncle to pretend he was Rick's father. So leaving the mom would probably have screwed up the whole plan to protect Rick.
    Honestly I don't think the measures Rex took would have really kept Rick safe if Icicle really wanted him dead. Midnite glasses found out who he really was. Icicle would have similar resources at his disposal.

Seems the All-Star Squadron and Freedom Fighters existed/exist on this world since Red Bee's file lists him as being a member of both.

I both hate and admire the realism of how many characters have terrible parents/guardians. Assuming Courtney's father stays intact, she has a bigger support system when that realization hits.

I could tell Pat wanted to tell Rick so bad hopefully they form a bond over the episodes.

Was Rick's uncle required to keep him in Bue Valley, he would be a terrible person either way but if he wanted to move could he not?

Beth inserting herself into the group was exactly how I wanted them to handle it.

That scene where she was talking to herself was heartbreaking, hopefully we learn more of her past soon.

Also, that's the second time her dad being on vacation was brought up, does that mean something?

Cindy isn't even a funny rude, just without reason or care. She was kind of similar in the comics but the trope of the "Mean Girl" has evolved so much I wish her character had a little more nuance to her approach. (Although the focus should be on her soon).

That CGI hologram felt like a really good basis for a construct, not seeing Jade this season but I feel next season will. The team is already full and I'm not expecting Jakeem to pop up until the last few episodes.

Quote Originally Posted by thefinalguy View Post
    I both hate and admire the realism of how many characters have terrible parents/guardians. Assuming Courtney's father stays intact, she has a bigger support system when that realization hits.

I could tell Pat wanted to tell Rick so bad hopefully they form a bond over the episodes.

Was Rick's uncle required to keep him in Bue Valley, he would be a terrible person either way but if he wanted to move could he not?

Beth inserting herself into the group was exactly how I wanted them to handle it.

That scene where she was talking to herself was heartbreaking, hopefully we learn more of her past soon.

Also, that's the second time her dad being on vacation was brought up, does that mean something?

Cindy isn't even a funny rude, just without reason or care. She was kind of similar in the comics but the trope of the "Mean Girl" has evolved so much I wish her character had a little more nuance to her approach. (Although the focus should be on her soon).

That CGI hologram felt like a really good basis for a construct, not seeing Jade this season but I feel next season will. The team is already full and I'm not expecting Jakeem to pop up until the last few episodes.
    Rex left Pat $50,000. He could have moved out Blue Valley. He must have spend most of it on brooze to down his sorrows over losing his life.

Incredible Member

The only problem I have with this show is the title, why naming it Stargirl while it is clearly a Justice Society story?

Where are people watching this before it airs Tuesday on the CW?
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Where are people watching this before it airs Tuesday on the CW?
    On DC Universe on Mondays