Page 38 of 187 FirstFirst ... 283435363738394041424888138 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

I wonder if the owl will also bond with Beth.

Your not a Dr Mid-Nite until you have an owl.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    I wonder if the owl will also bond with Beth.

Your not a Dr Mid-Nite until you have an owl.
    The goggles apparently geeked out at seeing an owl in Courtney's room .

I really am enjoying this show, and so glad that it was brought to the CW. Courtney makes for a much different and rather gung-ho protagonist with a positive outlook, compared to the melo-drama on most of the rest of the Arrowverse. And even though I never read Geoff Johns' Star Girl run, I can already feel the moment when Courtney calls Pat "dad".

I do wonder though, if the rumors are true, that we will get an Artemis Crock. And what version she'll be. Could be the much less known original version that was full on criminal, or the version made popular by Young Justice, in becoming a hero inspite of her parents.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    I really am enjoying this show, and so glad that it was brought to the CW. Courtney makes for a much different and rather gung-ho protagonist with a positive outlook, compared to the melo-drama on most of the rest of the Arrowverse. And even though I never read Geoff Johns' Star Girl run, I can already feel the moment when Courtney calls Pat "dad".

I do wonder though, if the rumors are true, that we will get an Artemis Crock. And what version she'll be. Could be the much less known original version that was full on criminal, or the version made popular by Young Justice, in becoming a hero inspite of her parents.
    not so much gung ho but plain reckless,stubborn and immature like most teenagers. kids won't know danger until it happens.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post

Not rumors, Artemis is in the show. She appears briefly in the latest episode tackling some guy being ultra competitive.

Ultimate Member

To bad they can't have a teen redheaded Wally West show up with speed powers and start off antagonistic towards Artemis before they end up together and they don't kill Wally off like in Young Justice, and then pretty much act like he never existed...

Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post
    I doubt he's physically stuck in there.
    But yes maybe a part of his last thoughts (or will) will be shown to seek out a successor.
    They are definitely dropping hints it will be reaching out to someone, we just haven't seen who yet.
    There also may be a ring (we haven't seen yet) out there surveying the earth, seeking his successor. And will guide who ever that is back to the battery, bringing them together.
    Hopefully his daughter, (and son) show up.
    And while she wouldn't normally need the ring or battery, maybe it'll be used as a way to awaken the connection or trigger the dormant power in her, becoming Jade.

Or they could play it that her brother Todd (by proximity to her) has been tempering (or neutralizing) her powers, which might otherwise be out of control.
    And she'll need the ring to focus them.

Another fun episode.
    Loved the making of Beth (Midnight), and how she just claimed the goggles as her own, and insinuated herself onto the team.
    The way she likes to talk and monologue, can't wait till they get her together with Hooty. Their dynamic should be fun.
    Also really enjoyed the set up of the volatile Rick Tyler Hourman. They want him on the team, although it's going to be on his terms as he's not trying outright to help anyone, just trying to satisfy his search for revenge.

Brainwave Jr. storming out of the party and sensing Yolanda's thoughts was eerie, and a bit terrifying as it looks like he's about to come into his own powers (and not in a good way).
    Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    Jade is the Infinity Inc. member I'm most interesting in seeing -- but they will probably link her much more closely to the lantern than she was in comics.
    Re-post from the main DC thread.
    (assuming (and hoping) it will be Jade, and obsidian who show up) too.

Although they are emphasizing the power Battery, they could just be establishing it for more of a visual and symbolic link to her father for when the time comes.
    Maybe a "last will" type message from her father will be revealed contained within.
    Her powers could still be shown to be internalized, what we haven't seen yet is the actual ring, that could eventually be revealed to still be out there, seeking her.
    And guiding her towards the battery, which may contain a means to unlocking or awakening her power.

Another great approach (see above) if they do introduce both Jade and Obsidian, would be if she does have her own power, yet they are volatile and uncontrollable, and her brother Todd (Obsidian) who is kind of her natural counterpart, tempers, absorbs (or neutralizes) her powers, by his proximity to her.
    And it's through the ring, (more using it as a means to focus) that her natural powers can then be controlled "shaped".
    (although she never needed it before) she could just use the ring as a symbolic connection to her father, and a means to focus her powers.

Quote Originally Posted by Güicho
    https://community.cbr.com/showthread...=1#post4436739

... like the Cloak & Dagger(ish), siblings team of the DCU.

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    I'll be happy with Jade and Obsidian -- they are kinda DC's version of Cloak and Dagger.
    Would love to see them approached that way.
    Last edited by Güicho; 06-18-2020 at 10:16 AM.

While I am happy that the CW has the rights to broadcast Stargirl, I really hope and do not want Stargirl to crossover with any of their other shows.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    While I am happy that the CW has the rights to broadcast Stargirl, I really hope and do not want Stargirl to crossover with any of their other shows.
    For me, the one show I'd want to see crossover with "Stargirl" is "The Flash" - there's the Jay Garrick connection and their tones are similar enough. Maybe she can cross over with "Doom Patrol" when she's over 18.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    For me, the one show I'd want to see crossover with "Stargirl" is "The Flash" - there's the Jay Garrick connection and their tones are similar enough. Maybe she can cross over with "Doom Patrol" when she's over 18.
    Yeah, the only DC show I see them considering a crossover for is The Flash.

What I wouldn't give for Flash to have this show's budget...

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    I agree. I love the current direction of Stargirl and the building of a younger JSA. No need to screw that up worrying about crossovers with other shows.

Also in case anyone missed it, the double character debut episode somewhat paralleled -

Last edited by Güicho; 06-18-2020 at 12:02 PM.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    There really is no Jay Garrick connection. It's a different guy with the same name. The only Arrowverse series that is lighthearted enough to connect with Stargirl, imo, is Supergirl.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah, the only DC show I see them considering a crossover for is The Flash.

What I wouldn't give for Flash to have this show's budget...
    There is a back door opening for a Flash and Stargirl crossover and that is Barry learning the Multiverse was reborn after Crisis and he travels to New Earth-2 to see if Harry and Jesse survived and introduce Jesse Chambers.

Extraordinary Member

I only see it potentially crossing over with Black Lightning since they’re both filmed in Atlanta. Plus Jennifer and Courtney became friends in the comics and Jennifer was also a junior Justice Society member.

(Obviously the show won’t be exactly like the comics)