Page 42 of 187 FirstFirst ... 323839404142434445465292142 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    I just mean that the current look appears like it was an old time lantern from the 40's or whatever and I thought that the different lanterns had had different looking lanterns to power their ring up with over the years...
    Alan's lantern was forged in that shape by a guy in a mental institution and the lantern returned his sanity. Prior to that for centuries it had looked like an ancient oil lamp EXACTLY like the one Aladdin rubs to release the genie.

Its not like the lanterns of other GLs. The reason Alan camr across it is that it was forged like a railway lantern and he was a railway engineer.

Ultimate Member

So then it sounds like it can change its shape or it doesn't have to stay with the same look...

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    So then it sounds like it can change its shape or it doesn't have to stay with the same look...
    Yeah, if you melt it down and forge it into a new shape the way it was into Alan's Lantern. Of course there is no guarrantee it will have any power after you do so.

Prior to being forged into the Lantern, it only brought either desteuction to the bad or luck to the good who possessed it.

https://encrypted-tbn0.************/...SwWjVENRx&s=10

When the meteor that the chinese lamp was forged from crashed it gave a prophesy that it would bring first death, then life then power. It caused the death of the men tried to kill the mystic who forged the chinese lamp, returned sanity to the man who made it into a train lantern and then power to Alan when it told him to carve a ring from its base.

The lantern (or rather the starheart) chooses what it is and does for others. Just changing its shape doesn't mean it still works as a power battery

Ultimate Member

I'm almost expecting Courtney's mom to find the lantern, think it's some antique and sell it to a shop in town or something like that...

This show is cute as a bug's ear.

There is an interesting dynamic appearing amongst the ISA members, one that is the classic way a superior team looses the war.

While the ISA that took down the JSA 10 years ago was clearly co-ordinated and a honed team there is a great deal of evidence that they currently arent.

1. The Wizard showed distrust of both Brainwave and Icicle.
    2. The ISA keeps Grundy locked up
    3. Icicle killed the the Wizard because he failed to keep his promise.
    4. Icicle appeared uncomfortable aroumd Dragon Kimg/Ito and allowed him the Wizards body despite ilthis discomfort
    5. Shade turned on the ISA.
    6. Icicle cant control Sportsmaster and Tigress and they are tired of the boring town.
    7. Sportsmaster and Tigress dont think much of Gambler and dont trust him.
    8. The ISA don't have a lot of faith in Bowen, after all het husband would have revived BW already.

So whilr a husband and wife team can kick an inexperienced bunch of teem heroes backaides because of their teamwork and co-ordination the classic villain rivalry is building as a potential threat to undermine their collective plans in a final encounter once our young heroes get whipped intonshape.

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

As I imagined it would be this was the get your crap together this is serious episode with the kids getting thrashed.

Loved Sportsmaster and Tigress and how unhinges they are.

I wouldnt be surprised if they actually got together only when they found out their matching genes would produce a kid like Artemis. Love the awkward dynamic. Loved how the baddies do not like each other, which I reckon will help lead to their downfall.

Was interesting to see Courtney finally affected by what Pat had to say in the beginning of the ep when he caught her and learning her lesson by the end of the episode.

Fight stuff was great. I just love fun costumed action and this did not point with Hourman/Sportsmaster and Wildcat/Tigress. The wire-fu was a bit much in some instances but did not kill the scenes for me.

Only real knock is Mid-Nite 2.0 and just how useless she seems like she will be. She looked like a child in the costume I know she is a teen in the context of the show but in costume, she looked like a 10 yr old going trick or treating. Great stuff.

I'm assuming Project New America is some massive hypnosis type of thing since they need Brainwave to wake up for his power set. Seven eps to go and I am here for all of em.

Icicle Jr. tease???

And dammit, now I have Timber stuck in my f'n head.

That double-combo with Tigress and Sportsmaster must've been really hard to film. But damn, that looked good!

Astonishing Member

Fun episode. I'm still a little worried about Beth. She meets and gets closer to three new people and yet she's like "These goggles are my best friend".

Anyone catch the mention of Calvin College when Rick's reading the journal? That's where the original Atom went to school, wasn't it? Maybe Al Pratt used the journal before Rex did. If that's the case, maybe Damage will show up at some point in the future.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I'm enjoying this version of Sportsmaster more than the Young Justice one. I just love how he's seems like a regular fitness obsessed guy and stage dad turned up to 11. Actually having him play up the sports theme is great.

Gambler needs a better taste in music.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    That double-combo with Tigress and Sportsmaster must've been really hard to film. But damn, that looked good!
    I also liked how it showed how much they're so in sync as a team with their strategy and fighting moves while the new JSA are running around with no teamwork. Simple but effective.

I wish they had shown Stargirl at least try to blast Sportsmaster once. It's one thing if Sportsmaster is too good at dodging, (if you can dodge a dodgeball, you can dodge a blast from the cosmic staff) or if Hourman kept pressing and didn't give her a clear shot, otherwise it made no sense that she didn't.

I hope they do something with Dr Mid-Nite's costume. I like that it didn't also just magically, or nano-tech itself to fit her, but now that they have some time, it just makes sense to tailor it. Hopefully the cape will be bulletproof or something, because she's the most physically vulnerable. Or unless Hootie shows up to be her bodyguard.

Extraordinary Member

I wonder if, in addition to Gambler’s children, we may see Sandy Hawkins come to the show.

They could use a new Sandman and effects for him wouldn’t be expensive if they keep him with no powers.

I found that scene of all of them looking at the dead security guard followed by Beth saying "Is he okay" darkly hilarious

You can definitely see that Courtney's relationship with Pat has changed a lot from the start. She never would have listened to or defended him like she did in this episode if this had been episode 1, or be depressed that he felt she thought so little of him that she had to go behind his back. Pat has totally entered into dad-zone .

The Lantern doesn't work without the ring? So...what happened to Alan's ring?

So Artemis is the only girl on the football team. Funnily enough, Brec Bassinger was on a Nick show with that exact same premise.

The Crock's being these soccer parents who just so happen to be Supervillains who take that to it's logical conclusion is hilarious.

It's nice to see the JSA connecting with their predecessors. Yolanda was inspired by Ted Grant, Beth is now BFF's with AI Charles McNider, and Rick is learning more and more about Rex's legacy.

Beth continues to look really sad. I mean, getting to connect with Charles McNider like that is awesome, but finding your best and seemingly only friend in the AI of a dead guy is...pretty desperate. She really needs to bond with the rest of the team.

Nothing insults a sidekick more then questioning whether there was even a point to having you around. And then adding onto Pat's guilt that he didn't do more and was oblivious to Rex and his wife getting killed .

It was nice to see Mike and Barbara bond. Courtney and Pat are growing closer while Barb and Mike are growing closer too. Will that lead to some family friction too or bring the Whitmore's all together?

I guess it figures a team of Supervillains wouldn't all get along. The Crock's don't like Gambler, Bowin is tired of the Crock's forcing her to replace faculty they get killed, and the Crock's don't think highly of Bowin compared to her husband (the original Fiddler). It was probably thanks to Jordan's leadership that he was able to keep them together enough to defeat the JSA.

Was Gambler a villain for Mid-Nite in the comics or did they concoct him being McNider's Archenemy for this interpretation? Was every member of the ISA a nemesis for someone in the JSA? I could see Tigress for Wildcat, Sportsmaster for Hourman, and Icicle for Starman...if they're following the comics, Shade would be enamored with The Flash.

We see the first indication that Cameron inherited his dad's powers. He's one dead dad away from becoming Icicle Jr. .

Oh look, teenagers who only just got these costumes and have barely practiced with their powers get completely trounced by two adult, professional, Supervillains who were able to go toe-to-toe with their predecessors in their heyday. It was good for Rick to see that having an hour of power doesn't make you invincible and Courtney to realize they can't just blaze through these things on pure spunk and luck.

Nothing makes Superheroing serious quite like stumbling onto a dead body. The only one who seemed to handle it well was Rick, but he's probably numb to that kind of stuff.

If New America hinged on having Brainwave, then it does sound like it involves mass-brainwashing to some extent. Are the ISA going to settle for Jr. once they find out he's inherited his dad's powers?

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Given how this show has characterized Beth it makes no sense for her to be on the field. She has the personality suited to be mission control like Oracle.