Page 44 of 187 FirstFirst ... 344041424344454647485494144 ... LastLast

I caught up on Hulu (it was cutting scenes off so I'd watch on cw.com though) It's a decent show. I'm not sure I'd watch it save for the pandemic but I hope they keep a light hearted feel instead of turning to tragedy and defeat all the time like the flash did after season 1. I find the body count surprising so far. I'll probably keep watching for awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by Thezmage View Post
    The circumstances necessary for heroic Artemis in Young Justice involved a mother who was no longer an active supervillain.

That being said, I would be down for an appearance of a YJ style Wally West if he gets treated as the obnoxious jerk that he was in the first season and actually gets some comeuppance this time. Maybe they bring him in to tease a heroic Artemis and then she kills him to cement her villain turn.
    That's one way to get a heroic Artemis. It isn't the only way.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I get why they had her say it since she's the most innocent, but with her goggles she's the one who would've been able to tell by looking at him.
    I just assume that Chuck told her after she asked the question.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    If they didn't want people thinking about Young Justice, they probably wouldn't have cast Paula and Artemis as Asian Americans.
    And they have Artemis wearing green at times.

I think they are probably referencing the most popular interpretation of the character, but she's likely to be handled very differently. Aside from the training, the dynamic with the Crock's is completely different.

I'm thinking Mike is going to acquire the Thunderbolt. I totally get a Johnny Thunder vibe off of him.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Ultimate Member

Or Artemis could always just rebel against her parents and then go from there...Wally could have blown up the science lab at his last school and got expelled, as it was where he got his powers and such...I loved Wally and Artemis on YJ...can't watch the newest season because of it...

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChadH View Post
    I'm thinking Mike is going to acquire the Thunderbolt. I totally get a Johnny Thunder vibe off of him.
    Mike’s already mentioned his friend Jakeem who’s going to eventually get the Thunderbolt.

Mike’s arc was always about him eventually replacing Pat in the robot.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Or Artemis could always just rebel against her parents and then go from there...Wally could have blown up the science lab at his last school and got expelled, as it was where he got his powers and such...I loved Wally and Artemis on YJ...can't watch the newest season because of it...
    There's zero reason for Wally to be here has he has zero to do with the JSA.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    In comics Blue Valley is Wally’s hometown. He’s not from Central City.

But obviously not the case on TV.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

So here's what I'm not getting. Courtney and her friends have clearly never heard of the JSA. Or at least barely know they existed. Yet they've clearly been around for 80 years. Now, I get young people not being too attached to a group that was wiped out when they were little but one would think they'd be in the history books or something. Courtney barely knew anything about them other than they existed. And her friends had never heard of them at all. Did the JSA operate in secret? Why has no one ever heard of them?
    Assassinate Putin!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    So here's what I'm not getting. Courtney and her friends have clearly never heard of the JSA. Or at least barely know they existed. Yet they've clearly been around for 80 years. Now, I get young people not being too attached to a group that was wiped out when they were little but one would think they'd be in the history books or something. Courtney barely knew anything about them other than they existed. And her friends had never heard of them at all. Did the JSA operate in secret? Why has no one ever heard of them?
    The JSA are generally more mystery men type superheroes. They’re not going to stand around and wait for the press to talk, unlike some iterations of Superman.

Remember that on the show the JUstice Society have Wikipedia pages. So they were generally known. It’s just that these teens were born around 2005, and have no idea about them. Ask a 15 year old today about Madonna and they’ll have a vague idea who that is. Ask them about Aaliyah, and they’ll go “Who?”

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    If they didn't want people thinking about Young Justice, they probably wouldn't have cast Paula and Artemis as Asian Americans.
    Or, they could have just thought they needed more diversity in the show and decided to take a cue from Young Justice in order to add it. After all, they also added the Fiddler's wife who happens to be South Asian. I don't remember that having any precedent. And when it comes to Asian characters in the JSA mythos, I can't think of any from the comics canon other than a bunch of Japanese WWII villains and the second Judomaster.

That's one way to get a heroic Artemis. It isn't the only way.
    If it happens, I kind of want it to be for the most unorthodox, unexpected reason possible. Like maybe she just understands that the win-to-loss ratio for supervillains tends to pretty low and her parents raised her to be a winner, so . . .

Sportsmaster: "How could you do it? How could you betray us?!"
    Artemis: "How could I do it? Easy! I looked up your stats online! Except for that one big win where you killed the JSA, you guys lost all the time! I think the writing was on the wall!"

So far, in terms of villain kids, who do we have? Shiv (pretty much evil already), Brainwave Jr. (strained relationship with his father, but really broken up about the state he's in), Icicle Jr. (Close to his father, was nice to Courtney and did a nice gesture for Yolanda), Artemis aka Tigress Jr. (Super, super competitive and short-tempered), Fiddler Jr. (just really embarassed). We're all assuming they'll go one way or the other, but . . . what if they all just stayed regular kids? I mean, maybe it's a waste of potential but it's also probably the only move no one would predict.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by AdamFTF View Post
    Or, they could have just thought they needed more diversity in the show and decided to take a cue from Young Justice in order to add it. After all, they also added the Fiddler's wife who happens to be South Asian. I don't remember that having any precedent. And when it comes to Asian characters in the JSA mythos, I can't think of any from the comics canon other than a bunch of Japanese WWII villains and the second Judomaster.

If it happens, I kind of want it to be for the most unorthodox, unexpected reason possible. Like maybe she just understands that the win-to-loss ratio for supervillains tends to pretty low and her parents raised her to be a winner, so . . .

Artemis: "How could I do it? Easy! I looked up your stats online! Except for that one big win where you killed the JSA, you guys lost all the time! I think the writing was on the wall!"

So far, in terms of villain kids, who do we have? Shiv (pretty much evil already), Brainwave Jr. (strained relationship with his father, but really broken up about the state he's in), Icicle Jr. (Close to his father, was nice to Courtney and did a nice gesture for Yolanda), Artemis aka Tigress Jr. (Super, super competitive and short-tempered), Fiddler Jr. (just really embarassed). We're all assuming they'll go one way or the other, but . . . what if they all just stayed regular kids? I mean, maybe it's a waste of potential but it's also probably the only move no one would predict.
    Fiddler Jr might. But the rest are definitely going to become villains, if not permanent, then temporarily.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    In comics Blue Valley is Wally’s hometown. He’s not from Central City.

But obviously not the case on TV.
    I think we're going to see a legacy for Jay eventually, although I doubt it'll be Wally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Fiddler Jr might. But the rest are definitely going to become villains, if not permanent, then temporarily.
    Yeah, I don't think they'll be able to resist the dramatic pathos of the ISA kids coming together and re-forming the group as a parallel to Courtney's group.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AdamFTF View Post

If Artemis becomes a hero it's going to be because of how much her parents smother her. I understand a parent going to their kids games but who attends their practices? When they went on their "date night" they talked to Artemis as if she doesn't know how to take care of herself.