Page 48 of 187 FirstFirst ... 384445464748495051525898148 ... LastLast
    DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    They've teased Jakeem and an Alan successor enough to where I have to imagine we'll get more heroes in a second season.
    Maybe, but they probably wouldn't be regulars due to budgetary constraints.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    It probably depends on how they handle them. Probably space out using their powers like they space out STRIPE.

Astonishing Member

That's very possible. The show is still 'Stargirl'. It's funny that with most of the Arrowverse shows I am annoyed by the ensemble concept, but I love it on Stargirl. And the ISA has been done very well!

Incredible Member

Right and comparable power-wise to the show's star, who doesn't need to be dwarfed by a speedster or a power-ringed superhero.
    considering how much of a lame ducks the junior society has been , they should bring in the sucessor to the red bee. always thought how much of a threat those isa members like gambler , sportsmaster and tigress were in the comics when the jsa have powerhouses the likes of supes , alan scott , dr fate , spectre etc but you don't need high powered villains against these kids on the show. these kids are just cosplayers

It would be weird to not have Jay Garrick and Alan Scott on the JSA together.

I am kind of wondering how they handle the Hawks and Fate though or if we get Hector as a dual successor to his parents and Fate.
    Weird to us, sure, but they did a Justice League movie without Green Lantern (or Martian Manhunter for that matter), so it's not like Jay and Alan are 100% essential for a version of the JSA. Having Hector would kill three birds with one stone, but if any wings or Nth metal remains in JSA headquarters, would Courtney feel the need to pass those on?

Quote Originally Posted by AdamFTF View Post
    Are we sure the goal is to have a legacy for every member? I'm sure there will be a new JSA after a while, but I'm not sure it'll be a one-to-one thing.
    Not necessarily. I just got the impression that every character who was shown and who left behind some kind of equipment would be given a successor. That's why I thought it would make more sense to use Johnny Quick than Jay Garrick because his powers can be passed through his formula.

I will go on record as saying this: they're going to go for more diversity where they can. The original JSA was a very white, very male group in a lot of ways. So far, they already made sure to go with the Wildcat and Dr. Mid-Nite successors who were women of color rather than Tommy Bronson or Pieter Cross. That's why I'm not just hoping for but betting on Khalid Nassour as being their Dr. Fate. Of the four or five Dr. Fates there have been, it's wise to choose the one with some North African Arab roots. Mind you, I'm in favor of this. The Justice Society of America should better reflect the people of America.
    I agree with this. The Hawks have resurrected as various races anyway, and even though the timeline may not work out (Legends of Tomorrow was able to do it), Khalid Nassour could be their child who then becomes Dr. Fate.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    All the JSA members that have been replaced so far, were sitting down on the group picture: Starman, Dr Mid-nite, Hourman, Wildcat and one more. Sandman, the easiest to use on a tv show budget.
    That's an interesting observation. I wonder if it was intentional?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    I agree with this. The Hawks have resurrected as various races anyway, and even though the timeline may not work out (Legends of Tomorrow was able to do it), Khalid Nassour could be their child who then becomes Dr. Fate.
    I hope not. It's just . . . I don't really like the Golden Age Hawks. Or at least the way they've been updated in the past. Something about them creeps me out. Whether it was the fact that when Carter first came back it felt like he was stalking Kendra. Or the fact that "Kendra" became Hawkgirl because her troubled niece died Shiera took over her dead body. Or just that their origin feels like something out of a 1930s Mummy movie. They always felt kind of borderline horror and not in a good way. Yet, people seem to really like this version.

Not that I dislike the Hawks as a general concept. I'm just more of a 1960s Thanagar guy.

I had this thought today for a way of Alan Scot returning as a trainer for the kids in superheroics without it being a big budget issue or him over showing them. Having a GL legacy on the team might make the rest look redundant.

So what if that flare up of the lantern when Pat found it was a reaction to the will of the truck driver vs mrs Fiddler. The result is Alan starts to reform as an energy being ah la his Sentinel days. The thing is in this universe he never becomes solid enough ro actually perform as a hero, just as a "ghost like" energy that can teach and guide the kids but not actively fight (or not much). His energy presence could get stronger over time and for some final season big bad (say in season 7 or 8 when they face Mordru) he finally becomes fully restored. They could even use this to have gay Alan, given that Johns in clockwork is incorporating the Gay nature of New 52 Alan into the hystorical 40s one from what Ive heard to give greater diversity.

Its a way they could have the guidance of a vastly experienced hero to aid them in that way without said character taking over the show and making the kids redundant.

My preference would be for Shining Knight's memory return and he be the kids combat trainer while pat be the teamwork co-ordinator.

Thats why I don't think we'll get a GL legacy too soon (or a Thunderbolt or Dr Fate). Sand, Cyclone, Judo Master, even Jessie Q (though I more expect a Liberty Belle, though if so this time I'd want her to have her moms sonic powers from All Star Squadron- quake on Agents of Shield, and Cisco as Vibe on Flash have both shown they are easy enough to do on a tv Budget, which is why I think they would fit better).

The other reason why I doubt we'll see a Dr Fate, is that they've already comfirmed he (Nabu)and the Hawks will be in Black Adam, and so they should they were all around for his origin in ancient Egypt.
    Last edited by beatboks; 06-25-2020 at 06:16 AM.

I hope not. It's just . . . I don't really like the Golden Age Hawks. Or at least the way they've been updated in the past. Something about them creeps me out. Whether it was the fact that when Carter first came back it felt like he was stalking Kendra. Or the fact that "Kendra" became Hawkgirl because her troubled niece died Shiera took over her dead body. Or just that their origin feels like something out of a 1930s Mummy movie. They always felt kind of borderline horror and not in a good way. Yet, people seem to really like this version.

Not that I dislike the Hawks as a general concept. I'm just more of a 1960s Thanagar guy.
    I like Carter and Kendra but I never felt Carter was a stalker.

But we're probably not going to see either because I doubt they're going to reincarnate in time to join the new JSA. They'd be 10-year olds by now.

Astonishing Member

I think that works with the JSA, though. A lot of members' backgrounds have a horror bent. I was never crazy about that Kendra development -- I'll give you that.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

They've teased Jakeem and an Alan successor enough to where I have to imagine we'll get more heroes in a second season.
    Alan's successor is Jade. Who has her own biological powers. So unless they plan to seriously diverge from the source material (not the first time on this show) she wouldn't need the lantern. And according to Pat, Courtney kind of forgot to get the ring.
    Assassinate Putin!

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I had a crazy thought here. Could Obsidian be introduced as a successor to the Slade?

Ultimate Member

Ya know, it just occurred to me.

If Hourman died after the ISA attack in Blue Valley, how did his hour glass get back to the monument?

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Ya know, it just occurred to me.

If Hourman died after the ISA attack in Blue Valley, how did his hour glass get back to the monument?
    Presumably the hourglass was with the stuff Rex mailed to Pat. He definitely didn;t have it on him when he was attacked by Grundy.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I had a crazy thought here. Could Obsidian be introduced as a successor to the Slade?
    Why would Todd need to replace a villain?

I don't think Shade's dead.

Why would Todd need to replace a villain?

I don't think Shade's dead.
    According to the Dragon King, Shade betrayed the ISA. I like to think James Robinson characterization for Slade applies in this continuity.

Who said Shade needs to be dead? As I recall, Obsidian draws his power from the shadowlands just like Slade. His powers could probably in need of mentorship unlike the rest.
    Last edited by Immortal Weapon; 06-25-2020 at 09:39 PM.