Page 53 of 187 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763103153 ... LastLast
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

Not only did Courtney completely undermine Pat trying to teach the kids about who they were facing but she had to show off she's the main character by making it all about her. And then once again she rushes headlong into something without thinking just to prove herself, only this time she finally has to deal with some serious consequences after Shiv hands her her butt and leaves her critically wounded. Hopefully this finally knocks some real sense into Courtney.
    When that happened I thought to myself Courtney's mom going on a business trip happened at the perfect time. Pat and Court would have a hell of a time explaining that one.

Not only did Courtney completely undermine Pat trying to teach the kids about who they were facing but she had to show off she's the main character by making it all about her. And then once again she rushes headlong into something without thinking just to prove herself, only this time she finally has to deal with some serious consequences after Shiv hands her her butt and leaves her critically wounded. Hopefully this finally knocks some real sense into Courtney.
    Wouldn't have been better for Pat to train the kids at the JSA headquarters? The place is still intact, it's private and I would think it would have the equipment necessary for superhero training. They can make a field trip out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Wouldn't have been better for Pat to train the kids at the JSA headquarters? The place is still intact, it's private and I would think it would have the equipment necessary for superhero training. They can make a field trip out of it.
    It was probably just for convenience. I don't think STRIPE can carry the rest of the team unless they all try and fit into the cockpit.

Fantastic Member

Hopefully Courtney has learned her lesson because any super villain with a modicum of power will wipe her out; she's just a teenager with a glow stick. Team is critical for her to be effective...I still do not know how this team is going to be any good with shadowcat (who is really agile) beth(guy in the chair) and courtney(glowing toothpick) ....hourman is the only powerhouse and he's only good for ...an hour. I think this is the best comic book tv show Ive seen so far(written/cgi buget) but I do not know why they didn't cal this J.S.A so at least they would have an out to not focus this series on such an underpowered character.Hopefully jakeem, fate, flash, lantern are introduced next season.

So does Cindy know Courtney is Stargirl? Because I can't think of any other reason why she would want to "hang out".

And Courtney's mother going on a business trip couldn't have happened at a more convenient time.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

This episode was beautifully shot. Courtney vs Shiv was done so well.

I really hope we get the Shinning Knight, on his winged horse, at some point! Maybe he came through whatever portal Pat did in 2010 (still holding out hope that Pat is some time displaced Seven Soliders dude who met up with the JSA).

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    So does Cindy know Courtney is Stargirl? Because I can't think of any other reason why she would want to "hang out".

And Courtney's mother going on a business trip couldn't have happened at a more convenient time.
    Cindy's lacky had just blown her off and she liked that Courtney was impressed with her chemistry knowledge - I don't think Cindy gets a lot of genuine compliments. I think she actually empathized with Courtney's parental situation too, so she was feeling a bit vulnerable. As horrible as she acts, Cindy is obviously lonely - even her boyfriend was a "job" tasked by her father.

And in terms of that business trip, I had been wondering if Icicle might have had some attraction to Court's mom (she'll always be "Tasty Coma Wife" to me...), and that conversation Icicle had with his son about finding love just made it seem more of a possibility. I do not look forward to seeing how it plays out if they go that way with it.
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 06-30-2020 at 06:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    And in terms of that business trip, I had been wondering if Icicle might have had some attraction to Court's mom (she'll always be "Tasty Coma Wife" to me...), and that conversation Icicle had with his son about finding love just made it seem more of a possibility. I do not look forward to seeing how it plays out if they go that way with it.
    Especially if Jordan looks at Pat like he looked at that other guy who was into Cameron's mom...

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I'm going to be thoroughly irritated if the JSA HQ is within several hundred miles of Blue Valley. It makes no sense for things to be so close.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Ultimate Member

Well it would have to be in a big city otherwise it would stand out, and we don't know how fast Pat was flying in the big robot suit with Courtney on his back but they went pretty far so I'd guess perhaps like Chicago or somewhere on the West coast...where was the HQ in the comics anyway...wonder when they'll get around to taking a new phot of the new group...

Quote Originally Posted by MyriVerse View Post
    I'm going to be thoroughly irritated if the JSA HQ is within several hundred miles of Blue Valley. It makes no sense for things to be so close.
    They had to fly all the way to get there, so I don't think it's that close.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MyriVerse View Post
    Kansas is the next state over so I like to think JSA HQ is somewhere in Metropolis.
    Last edited by Immortal Weapon; 06-30-2020 at 12:35 PM.

Ultimate Member

I keep forgetting which cities are stand ins for which cities in the DC universe...

Quote Originally Posted by obatalla View Post
    Hopefully Courtney has learned her lesson because any super villain with a modicum of power will wipe her out; she's just a teenager with a glow stick. Team is critical for her to be effective...I still do not know how this team is going to be any good with shadowcat (who is really agile) beth(guy in the chair) and courtney(glowing toothpick) ....hourman is the only powerhouse and he's only good for ...an hour. I think this is the best comic book tv show Ive seen so far(written/cgi buget) but I do not know why they didn't cal this J.S.A so at least they would have an out to not focus this series on such an underpowered character.Hopefully jakeem, fate, flash, lantern are introduced next season.
    Don't know what you mean by underpowered. I mean we haven't seen her do much in the show yet, but she is a neophyte so technically probably hasn't learnt the full capability of the "glow stick". Comic Starman / star girl is technically is powerful as a Green Lantern. The cosmic staff can create energy constructs it can put up Force Fields it can affect the gravity of other things levitating them and so forth if you can absorb and manipulate all forms of energy it's even altered matter by turning things from matter to antimatter. Using his older, smaller, less powerful gravity rod Ted Knight was able to fight and defeat Ultraman the earth 3 Superman. Not to mentionnthat Aquarius absorbed that older rods power to amp himself and completely defeat the JSA. Then we have the fact that with either that rod or the CCB Sylvester was able to take down Vulcan. The same Vulcan who shattered Fate's spells and put him in a coma and shattered Alan's constructs.

Wow, wasn't expecting Shining Knight. That was a nice reveal. And he apparently knows Pat, so he was part of the JSA too?

Mike calling out Courtney was a nice touch. Obviously he will feel looked over, with Pat spending so much time with Courtney now.

Also, really hope she learns her lesson. She and and Cindy were really not so different with their attitude. Also, what are these servants of Cindy's father? Mindless Lizard men?

Mighty Member

I love the secret entrances to the Injustice Society headquarters.