Page 6 of 187 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

DC Universe has debuted a new poster for Stargirl that assembles both the Justice Society of America and the Injustice Society.

The poster features Courtney Whitmore/Stargirl, Pat Dugan/S.T.R.I.P.E Yolanda Montez/Wildcat, Beeth Chapel/Dr. Mid-Nite, Rick Tyler/Hourman, Ms. Brooks/Tigress, Dr. Henry King/Brainwave, Jordan Mahkent/Icicle, Dr. Ito/Dragon King and Crock/Sportsmaster.

What a time to be alive. This is a fantastic time to be a DC fan.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Incredible Member

'stargirl and the junior society' - co-starring wildkitty , midnight boy and hourlad...

Quote Originally Posted by marshal88 View Post
    'stargirl and the junior society' - co-starring wildkitty , midnight boy and hourlad...

Maybe its the small picture but Doc Midnight looks all wrong...

yeah, yeah, its the OG costume. Just saying :P

Although shes an older version of Beth in the show? *squints eyes and looks close at the poster*

edit - gets a bad comedic relief vibe :-|
    Last edited by The_Lurk; 04-01-2020 at 03:28 AM.

Incredible Member

are you sure that's beth , looks like a kid cosplaying as charles mcnider , not even beth or cross costume.

in fact , all the other society members looks like they came from nickolodean with luke wilson as the dad.

YES!!!!! Can not wait for this!!!!!!
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

are you sure that's beth , looks like a kid cosplaying as charles mcnider , not even beth or cross costume.

in fact , all the other society members looks like they came from nickolodean with luke wilson as the dad.
    No, not sure. But I read it from some guy on the internet, so it must be true!1

*points to Beantownbrowns post*

Could be a black woman in OG Doc Midnight suit. So Beth is a good bet IMO. Does not really give the "she means business" vibe though I got from the few comic appearances I read with her.

I think Hourman looks pretty good while being relatively close to the comics. I can't say the same about the others.
    Dark does not mean deep.

a man who created images dr-brainwave's Avatar

At first i was very excited about this show, but now the Junior Justice Society killed my interest.
    Looks like they're building a JSA without Rex, without Charles and without Ted...it just doesn't work for me.
    Anyway, i hope you guys will enjoy his show.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by dr-brainwave View Post
    At first i was very excited about this show, but now the Junior Justice Society killed my interest.
    Looks like they're building a JSA without Rex, without Charles and without Ted...it just doesn't work for me.
    Geoff Johns has never seemed to care too much for the originals. He was always trying to flood the group with the second and third generations IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    I think Hourman looks pretty good while being relatively close to the comics. I can't say the same about the others.
    Wildcat looks much more comic-accurate then Arrow, especially in the mask department.

The costumes are definitely an improvement from Legends.
    Quote Originally Posted by caj View Post
    Geoff Johns has never seemed to care too much for the originals. He was always trying to flood the group with the second and third generations IMO.
    His run referenced the originals and their impact on their successors a lot, especially in that story where the new JSA teamed-up with their predecessors to fight Degaton.

Extraordinary Member

Stargirl Will Involve Green Lantern - and a Different Flash
    https://www.cbr.com/stargirl-feature...lantern-flash/

Quote Originally Posted by dr-brainwave View Post
    The veterans do where passing the torches like candy during the COIE; and Stargirl did joined after most passing had been done. It is a show named after Stargirl after all, not JSA or Starsprangled Kid. Its good that they have somewhat of an eye on a timeline appropriate team setup. And it does not have to mean that the originals are nowhere to be seen. I could envision them to be guest characters with mentoring roles, flashback story hooks or maybe even the odd episode where the old guys need to save the new ones from something.

Also yeah, a lot of them came back and new ones where never to be heard of. But they do have to start somewhere :P

Case in point:

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    Stargirl Will Involve Green Lantern - and a Different Flash
    https://www.cbr.com/stargirl-feature...lantern-flash/
    :P

Hope they will get John Wesley Shipp for that. That would be epic.
    Last edited by The_Lurk; 04-02-2020 at 10:57 PM.

It wouldn't surprise me if the girl Mid-Nite is wearing the old costume at first, but she'll eventually have something more modern and with a splash of yellow...

I also wonder why she's doing the "Cyclops pose" ... maybe her lenses retract or transition or something?

Retired

Does Roy Thomas get anything from this?