Page 66 of 187 FirstFirst ... 165662636465666768697076116166 ... LastLast
    www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Do you think it's that unlikely they'll still produce it the same as if it were airing on DC Universe?
    One is for a 13-episode streaming service. The other scenario would be for an as yet unknown episode count, broadcast television network.

They fundamentally will not be produced the same.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Do you think it's that unlikely they'll still produce it the same as if it were airing on DC Universe?
    Yes as there's already a case with Supergirl. Moving filming to Vancouver was a budget move as it's cheaper to film there. That also had the unfortunate move of losing a main cast member and a couple of recurring characters. I highly doubt a small network like the CW would be able to afford to keep Luke Wilson around. The network itself doesn't have the viewership numbers to justify the money that's spend on this show.

Maaan. I know that that was the point of it, but goddamn was that scene with Beth and Pat in Cindy's home cringey.

Could barely watch.

One thing for certain about the move to the CW - the episodes will be shorter. (I've been watching them on DCU)

I'm sure they will address it at some point, but since we didn't see a proper debrief between Pat and Courtney, she did confirm that the principal is part of the ISA and that they have those tunnels all over town. (which Beth can now corroborate) As far as I can tell, our heroes have confirmed the presence of every member of the ISA (that we've seen anyway, except maybe Grundy unless they're able to put 2 and 2 together based on what Beth heard in the tunnels), but in terms of civilians I don't think anyone recognized Tigress (and Sportsmaster) and they don't know Icicle or the Gambler - they know he's around, but they haven't seen him yet. Pat figured out the Magician, but they don't know where he went. (though I'm sure he has some guesses based on what happened to his son and wife)

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    Maaan. I know that that was the point of it, but goddamn was that scene with Beth and Pat in Cindy's home cringey.

Could barely watch.
    It wasn't even bad comedy. Just awful.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    One thing for certain about the move to the CW - the episodes will be shorter. (I've been watching them on DCU)
    No. The episodes are the same length after the first two. And they're the same length as Supergirl (about 42 minutes).
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Mighty Member

Could barely watch.

That is what the mute button is for.

I'm sure they will address it at some point, but since we didn't see a proper debrief between Pat and Courtney, she did confirm that the principal is part of the ISA and that they have those tunnels all over town. (which Beth can now corroborate) As far as I can tell, our heroes have confirmed the presence of every member of the ISA (that we've seen anyway, except maybe Grundy unless they're able to put 2 and 2 together based on what Beth heard in the tunnels), but in terms of civilians I don't think anyone recognized Tigress (and Sportsmaster) and they don't know Icicle or the Gambler - they know he's around, but they haven't seen him yet. Pat figured out the Magician, but they don't know where he went. (though I'm sure he has some guesses based on what happened to his son and wife)
    Sorry to be that guy, but it was The Wizard. His son was the magician .

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Could barely watch.
    I thought it was done as well as it could have been, though that was still not enough. I know teens do stupid things, but man!
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Sorry to be that guy, but it was The Wizard. His son was the magician .
    Actually, the magician was Bill Bixby (yes, I'm old )
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Could barely watch.
    Heh, I thought that sequence was fun.
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 07-08-2020 at 03:47 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    Actually, the magician was Bill Bixby (yes, I'm old )
    I thought The Magician was a French cartoon series that aired on Fox Kids in 1999: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Ma...nch_TV_series)
    TheMagician.jpg

Extraordinary Member

Could barely watch.
    I liked it, because it showed if the step-mom is falling for this $&@%, something is REALLY wrong with her. Even more than what we saw.

Astonishing Member

Favorite parts of the most recent episode were Cindy visiting Courtney -- we knew, she knew, but Court didn't till the end -- and Henry Junior's struggled and epic TK blast. Beth is still a problem. I know she desperately wants to belong, but she's not field material.

This episode probably had my favorite and least favorite parts of the series. Everything with Courtney was great (not just her scenes with Cindy, but with Pat and even Mike), but I very much disliked Beth and her plan to get info on the ISA. Poorly thought out and even worse in execution.

Pat REALLY knows how to cover his bases when it comes to secret identity hiding. Guess he's had loads of experience.

I wonder what happens when Dragon King takes off his hood -- is he like Johnny Sorrow? Or like a basilisk where you're frozen if you see him? Or is that just a common threat because he's so disturbing to look at? "Eat your veggies or I'll show you my horrible visage!!"
    I was wondering if this show would be able to top the awesomeness of Brainwave after having coma-ed him so early. But I'm totally aboard seeing more Dragon King!

The show almost had me fooled with Cindy's talk with Courtney before she mentioned the Staff. Cindy seemed so genuine, and might really have been, but she was just buttering up Courtney for the reveal. These two are shaping up to be compelling rivals.
    I was waiting for Cindy to grill Courtney on the accident and then confirm her suspicions or give her some kind of revelation and later put two and two together. Turns out she knew the whole time! I'd like to think Cindy's confession to Courtney was genuine. She realized that the two of them are kindred spirits, and her social life HAS gone to hell. Being Shiv is more important to her, though. I don't blame Courtney for going after her like that. She threatened her friends, and since Cindy knew Courtney's identity, she could easily blindside them. I doubt Stargirl was thinking much beyond "Stop Shiv", whether that meant turning her over to the authorities or even killing her.

Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    As for the budget, yeah I am waiting on more news of that. The show was not made by the CW studio folks, unless i am mistaken, so ppl assuming there will be no quality or money drop off are deluding themselves. My only hope is they stay at 13 episodes. Maybe 15 or 16 max like BL and Legend, anything more than that would be a disaster.
    Maybe Netflix has spoiled me, but I'm starting to prefer these shorter season episodes. Keep Stargirl at 13 episodes I say.

I don't think so - she seemed genuinely frightened, unlike his emotionless "drones" and didn't she say that she "used to" do things, but now she's a home-maker? Still, it's an interesting mystery...
    She used to be part of Niles Caulder's original Doom Patrol.

Astonishing Member

Why attack Cindy? Unless you are going to kill her outright, what's the purpose? A few bruises , you are not putting her in prison. The ISA will kill you in a flash. If Stargirl and Stripsey want to play, they better switch to surprise lethal attacks. Oh, wait - heroes don't kill, blah, blah.

Take a hint from the Dr. Sleep movie, find the bad guys. Set up in the woods and shoot them all (the ones who are not invulnerable).