Page 71 of 187 FirstFirst ... 216167686970717273747581121171 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,065 of 2791
    Ultimate Member

Just then makes you wonder if that is true if the ISA knows that and doesn't see them as a problem or whether they will be surprised by that fact when it happens...

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Yes! 7 Soliders of Victory AND confirmation that Pat is old as hell!
    So is Pat immortal?

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    So is Pat immortal?
    I think the Seven Soldiers actually time-traveled to the future, so that might be in place here.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think the Seven Soldiers actually time-traveled to the future, so that might be in place here.
    Oh, I bet Courtney and company will want the whole story on that one!

Henry had some great scenes this time around! He's even more sympathetic after learning from his father's tapes. I hope he and Yolanda can reconcile. I liked the dinner scene too, but I think Courtney may have leapt to the Icicle conclusion a bit too quickly. We know she's right, but it's easy to see why she couldn't convince Pat. There's lots of reasons why Jordan wouldn't have reacted to the heat of the dish.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    BTW, when McNider was Dr Mid-Nite, what was the AI in the goggles when he wore them??? I don't imagine it was himself.
    I'm sure they were upgraded many times over the years. Mid-Nite Goggles 1.0 may have just been pre-recorded tapes that would feed him info.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Wow, even the Mahkents' grace is hardcore. I'm really wary of the grandparents now.
    And they mentioned Niflheim. I still want Ragnarok to factor into the JSA and them having lived so long.

Quote Originally Posted by marshal88 View Post
    best description yet of the 7 soldiers of victoy , robin hood, a knight , the cowboy from the villlage people. how would courtney know of the village people, it was way before her generation.
    Pop culture osmosis, I guess. Even if we don't get Green Arrow or even have him name dropped, we saw him in a photo, and that's great. I got the feeling Pat was trying to save face and that he was the one who wasn't included in the Seven Soldiers due to Sylvester's insistence.

Quote Originally Posted by AdamFTF View Post
    Reminds me of how they changed the Staff of One to some sort of tech thing. That show actively resisted the cross-genre aspects of the comic, even though that was part of the appeal. Each couple from the Pride was a different kind of genre villain.
    They quickly course corrected that, though, and went full-on with the magic in later episodes.

I'm glad Courtney's mom knows know, you can only keep the Secret Identity thing interesting for so long.

Jordan is a great villain, he seems like a genuinely nice man in his civilian persona.

Ultimate Member

I wonder if this version of Icicle might have some connection to the mysterious hidden population of Scandinavian ice-people from way back in the original Icemaiden's origin story?

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    I'm glad Courtney's mom knows know, you can only keep the Secret Identity thing interesting for so long.
    She doesn't know. Just because she saw a sick with a light on it doesn't mean anything. And nah, you can keep the secret identity thing interesting for decades. I'm 55 and there's still a mountain of stuff my mom has no clue about during my childhood.

But see Cindy and Court's identity... If you know a person, there's no such thing as a mask that will hide your identity. Covid taught me that.
    Last edited by MyriVerse; 07-16-2020 at 10:38 AM.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MyriVerse View Post
    She doesn't know. Just because she saw a sick with a light on it doesn't mean anything. And nah, you can keep the secret identity thing interesting for decades. I'm 55 and there's still a mountain of stuff my mom has no clue about during my childhood.

But see Cindy and Court's identity... If you know a person, there's no such thing as a mask that will hide your identity. Covid taught me that.
    I hate the secret identity thing with teenage heroes. It gets annoying after while and it's frankly more beneficial for them if those closest to them know.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    And now, Courtney's mom is gonna go, "Aw hell naw! You ain't doing this no more!"
    Nope - it's gonna turn out she's Liberty Belle and she's been undercover trying to get close to Icicle! (and her grand-aunt will be Ma Hunkle -the first superhero of Earth-2)

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    So is Pat immortal?
    Nope, a time traveler! Most likely involuntarily. He, and the 7 Soldiers of Victory were around in the early days of the 1900s, but at some point got thrust into "modern time". I'm thinking around 2010.

Quote Originally Posted by MyriVerse View Post
    She doesn't know. Just because she saw a sick with a light on it doesn't mean anything.
    Promo for next episode confirms that she will know.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    Promo for next episode confirms that she will know.
    And that she immediately wants them to quit (which kind of justifies why Courtney didn't want to tell her).

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Nope, a time traveler! Most likely involuntarily. He, and the 7 Soldiers of Victory were around in the early days of the 1900s, but at some point got thrust into "modern time". I'm thinking around 2010.
    It wouldn't explain why Courtney and Beth, who have seen evidence of their insanely long lives, never even questioned it.

Quote Originally Posted by marshal88 View Post
    how would courtney know of the village people, it was way before her generation.
    I'm sure they still play 'YMCA' at every junior high and high school dance.