Page 72 of 187 FirstFirst ... 226268697071727374757682122172 ... LastLast
Results 1,066 to 1,080 of 2791
    Incredible Member

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

This may explain why the Atom is absent from the show. Atom Smasher will be in the Black Adam movie.
    https://twitter.com/DCComics/status/1283857759264366592

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    This may explain why the Atom is absent from the show. Atom Smasher will be in the Black Adam movie.
    https://twitter.com/DCComics/status/1283857759264366592
    And they're supposedly casting for The Hawks and Dr. Fate, so that might rule them out too...if DC's media embargoes are what they are.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    And they're supposedly casting for The Hawks and Dr. Fate, so that might rule them out too...if DC's media embargoes are what they are.
    They will probably kill them all off again.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    It wouldn't explain why Courtney and Beth, who have seen evidence of their insanely long lives, never even questioned it.
    I could see both Courtney and Beth maybe not putting it together right away, a lot has been happening in their immediate lives.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    I could see both Courtney and Beth maybe not putting it together right away, a lot has been happening in their immediate lives.
    Unless they're originally from another universe, which, frankly, would be the only way any of this would make sense.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

I'm able to suspend disbelief, but there's no way they haven't been at least Googling the JSA and its members. Courtney would have at least looked up Stripesy and the Star-Spangled Kid. I do hope they come up with a good explanation. The easiest thing I can think of is the Thunderbolt and some weird spell.

I'm able to suspend disbelief, but there's no way they haven't been at least Googling the JSA and its members. Courtney would have at least looked up Stripesy and the Star-Spangled Kid. I do hope they come up with a good explanation. The easiest thing I can think of is the Thunderbolt and some weird spell.
    Yeah, that could work. Without something magical, however... no way.

We know they've looked them up. Wildcat had a wikipedia page and Yolanda learned about Ted Grant's backstory.

Pat had a news article that spotlighted Star-Spangled Kid and Stripesy so that's probably a matter of public record.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    We know they've looked them up. Wildcat had a wikipedia page and Yolanda learned about Ted Grant's backstory.

Pat had a news article that spotlighted Star-Spangled Kid and Stripesy so that's probably a matter of public record.
    Yes - that's why I said earlier that they both have seen evidence of Pat and the JSA having crazy long lives, yet they don't seem phased by it. Flash Gordon said maybe they were too busy to notice, and that's why I said what I just said, and now we're full circle..... ha

Yes - that's why I said earlier that they both have seen evidence of Pat and the JSA having crazy long lives, yet they don't seem phased by it. Flash Gordon said maybe they were too busy to notice, and that's why I said what I just said, and now we're full circle..... ha
    Do they actually know that? The newspaper account was recent, while I have no idea what was on the Wiki pages.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

I mean I do think it's weird how characters from the JSA aren't historical figures with cult followings and blogs about them. I'd imagine they'd inspire about the same level of interest as UFOs. These weird masked individuals that fought the good fight and disappeared.

I mean I do think it's weird how characters from the JSA aren't historical figures with cult followings and blogs about them. I'd imagine they'd inspire about the same level of interest as UFOs. These weird masked individuals that fought the good fight and disappeared.
    Anytime anybody mentioned a superhero film, TV program, or CB story, it would be impossible for someone not to bring up the JSA at some point. Fiction would pale next to the "real" thing. That's why I can't comprehend the people in that universe, beyond magical reasons, not knowing of them. The average person knows of Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman, but they would be foggy about actual superheroes? Sure.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

They even showed Courtney reading the JSA wiki page.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Incredible Member

Welp, it started out promising, like they might get a heavy hitter in brainwave jr. But we can't have nice things, can't have interesting and useful and potent powers around to showcase how ridiculous and useless some of the others are.