Page 75 of 187 FirstFirst ... 256571727374757677787985125175 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,125 of 2791
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I doubt Barbara is a Superhero. I don't think she completely cleared it up because she knew Sylvester being Courtney's dad was bogus but she's still processing everything.
    I'm pretty sure the reason she didn't clear it up right away is because it would require talking about who her father actually is, which is a two-bit thief and con artist. And she probably doesn't really want to break Courtney's heart like that. It's bad enough he isn't around and Courtney has to deal with that, but knowing he's a crook too is a bit much.

Mighty Member

I asked before if everyone in the ISA was a psycho. After tonight I say yes unless proven otherwise.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by regnak View Post
    I asked before if everyone in the ISA was a psycho. After tonight I say yes unless proven otherwise.
    Gambler just seems to be a dick.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by obatalla View Post
    Yea that made no sense especially with the flash, green lantern, and dr fate in the bunch....I feel like it would be hard to ignore those guys even if you disapproved of superheroes.
    I think they are going by the Golden Age representation of heroes as mystery men. The tended to stick to the shadows and were not as public facing as super heroes of today. People knew of them, but not a lot about them.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by lilyrose View Post
    They need to alter Dr. Midnite's costume. Poor Beth looks like a 5-year-old trick or treater in it.
    Yeah, in site Todd McFarlane's Dr. Mid-Nite uniform being not great, I think the yellow/black or gold/black color scheme would work better -- and the costume is less bulky. I'd just avoid those stupid flowing sleeves and huge pirate boots.

Beth is the character most in need of an upgrade. After being introduced to the character, I couldn't believe they were going to make her into on of the new JSA.

Ultimate Member

I'm kinda surprised how little the Golden Age stuff gets brought up with regards to modern sensibilities

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Gambler just seems to be a dick.
    Wizard seemed to have been the only sane/reasonable one compared to the other members. Which is probably why Jordan killed him.

Wow. Just watched the latest episode. That hit. That hit deep.

Quote Originally Posted by tabo61 View Post
    I liked how Hourman was trying to rip open Grundy's cell door so he could get his revenge.
    Yep. But I'm surprised it gave as much as it did, considering that door is meant to hold in a heavy hitter like Grundy and all.

I wonder if they restored Brainwave's memory enough to where he can now tell the rest of the ISA who Stargirl is. I don't think Jordan will take it well...

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I wonder if they restored Brainwave's memory enough to where he can now tell the rest of the ISA who Stargirl is. I don't think Jordan will take it well...
    Eh, from what his parents said he probably intends for her to be a mind controlled sex slave anyway. I don’t see him changing that plan.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    Yeah, in site Todd McFarlane's Dr. Mid-Nite uniform being not great, I think the yellow/black or gold/black color scheme would work better -- and the costume is less bulky. I'd just avoid those stupid flowing sleeves and huge pirate boots.

Beth is the character most in need of an upgrade. After being introduced to the character, I couldn't believe they were going to make her into on of the new JSA.

Biggest understatement of the year. And her computer goggles can't even seem to work underground in dungeons, they are on her head, not trying to communicate via wifi. Worst powerset ever. They need to give her some kind of tech powers, turn her into an engineer from mass effect.

Fantastic Member

Eh, from what his parents said he probably intends for her to be a mind controlled sex slave anyway. I don’t see him changing that plan.
    Dragonking's daughter already knows her identity ...they wont need brainwave.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I'm disappointed that Barbara didn't seem to know the JSA. They were the heroes of her generation. She should know who Starman is without needing to Google him.
    We dont know how the history unfolds on this world. I mean in the original ppst COIE continuity the JSA went underground when the committee of unAmerican activities insisted that they demask. It wasthe retcon that allowed the JLA to be new jeroes in a world where they existed and due to it most of their SA stories were (in the retcon) of them acting underground.

It might be the case in this earth 2's history that the heroes of the JSA were only openly active in the GA to the 50's or 60's as per the America vs the Justice Society mini series. They could have acted onnthe down low since then and have become more like urban legends. That would still mean there would be info onnthe net, but not publicly and openly known
    Last edited by beatboks; 07-22-2020 at 02:29 AM.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by beatboks View Post
    We dont know how the history unfolds on this world. I mean in the original ppst COIE continuity the JSA went underground when the committee of unAmerican activities insisted that they demask. It wasthe retcon that allowed the JLA to be new jeroes in a world where they existed and due to it most of their SA stories were (in the retcon) of them acting underground.

It might be the case in this earth 2's history that the heroes of the JSA were only openly active in the GA to the 50's or 60's as per the America vs the Justice Society mini series. They could have acted onnthe down low since then and have become more like urban legends. That would still mean there would be info onnthe net, but not publicly and openly known
    Pat has newspaper articles of his exploits. They were publicly known.