Page 76 of 187 FirstFirst ... 266672737475767778798086126176 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,140 of 2791
    DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Pat has newspaper articles of his exploits. They were publicly known.
    Right. They weren't working in the shadows, so the idea that they weren't household names is preposterous.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Looks like Brainwave Jr, is really, most sincerely dead. Wow that was a strong episode. One thing, if the JSA Jr. couldn't beat Brainwave alone, with BW Jr. helping them, what chance do they have against the full ISA?
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Pat has newspaper articles of his exploits. They were publicly known.
    The newspaper articles of his exploits all look golden age. As I said the post crisis continuity had the JSA etc go undergound in the mid 50s early 60s. I even said

that the heroes of the JSA were only openly active in the GA to the 50's or 60's
    which the newspaper articles support and would still make it reasonable for someone of the generations of Barbera and Courtney to not openly know of them.

Barbara had to google Starman, clearly if his exploits had been openly public around the timenof his death when she was a young mother that wouldnt have been necessary, and yet it was. She wouldnt however have been aware (as someone who was likely born in the 80s) of Star Spangled Kid and Stripesy from the 40s as they (by Pat's admittion) werent as well known as the JSA.

Possible time line could be

JSA and 7 soldiers in the 40s (confirmed by midnite AI for Midnite and Pat knowing all about Ito from WWII)

JSA get investigated by committee for unamerican activities as per the America vs the JSA mini series and go underground.

JSA go into ragnorak as per last days of the JSA also in the 60s and come out in the late 90s early 2000s (effectively skipping 40 years of aging).

JSA find out about 7 soldiers lost in time and go save then to a year or so after returning from ragnorak. Since the 7 soldiers disappeared a decade and a half before the JSA went underground they are young compared to the other JSAers.

Nothing I suggested is in amy way conflicted by anything thus far shown in the series but it does explain the contradictions. It explains why the kids would have to look up Wildcat's powers/abilities and why Barbara would have to google Starman while still giving credence to those newspaper clippings

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    Right. They weren't working in the shadows, so the idea that they weren't household names is preposterous.
    The idea that they were household names is preposterous when a woman who was fully grown and a mother of a 6 year old during their time had to google one of them 10 years later.

Quote Originally Posted by beatboks View Post
    The newspaper articles of his exploits all look golden age. As I said the post crisis continuity had the JSA etc go undergound in the mid 50s early 60s. I even said
    This was discussed a few weeks ago. The newspaper is clearly from the past twenty years (color ink and a modern car are dead giveaways).

Quote Originally Posted by beatboks View Post
    The idea that they were household names is preposterous when a woman who was fully grown and a mother of a 6 year old during their time had to google one of them 10 years later.
    Which is PIS, of course. Sloppy writing, IMO.

What is wrong with her googling Starman? She just wanted to look at a picture of him for reference.

Although even in the picture, Sylvester's face was shadowed out so they were still "mystery men" for the most part.

Intermediary

Im thinking the ISA managed to somehow scrub some memory of the JSA out of peoples heads

like not a full wipe, but like a memory you cant quite get the whole of

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Looks like Brainwave Jr, is really, most sincerely dead. Wow that was a strong episode. One thing, if the JSA Jr. couldn't beat Brainwave alone, with BW Jr. helping them, what chance do they have against the full ISA?
    A jaw dropping moment for sure. I remember when season one of Heroes would give us those like every time.

My only issue with the episode and what I think is the first and worst narrative misstep of the season was the ignoring of the fact that Henry seized the lawyer. Like no mention at all. Not cool at all. So much good stuff otherwise in the episode.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    What is wrong with her googling Starman? She just wanted to look at a picture of him for reference.

Although even in the picture, Sylvester's face was shadowed out so they were still "mystery men" for the most part.
    I have zero problem with that for those reasons, FWIW. My problem is with anybody not knowing about the JSA by the time they're in kindergarten. Unless magic or some advanced technology is involved to eliminate them from people's memories, no Jedi mind trick will ever make me think it's credible.

BTW, I should say I think the show is great regardless.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    After seeing the episode and Henry's final words to Courtney and crew --- it came across as a finale, sadly.

Probably the most feasible way to bring him back (and i think they should) would be that his father saved him -- with plans to mentally recondition him. So if he does come back, he will be with the bad guys (at least until he can break free of daddy's control over him). But as others have said, it seems they don't want anyone to overshadow Stargirl-- and if he does come back -- it will probably be in a limited capacity.

I was thinking if they do bring on a Green Lantern replacement (hopefully jade), the powerset will probably be limited to casting green glame -- not creating solid light images or even flying. And forget Fury or Power Girl -- they have their strong guy in Hourman. Sandy/Sandman seems like a good possibility.

Spectacular Member

In the comics Brainwave's thing was to make you Think a disaster happened. so you could tell what was really happening. I would use that as the out.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    A jaw dropping moment for sure. I remember when season one of Heroes would give us those like every time.

My only issue with the episode and what I think is the first and worst narrative misstep of the season was the ignoring of the fact that Henry seized the lawyer. Like no mention at all. Not cool at all. So much good stuff otherwise in the episode.
    I'm sure if he had lived, that death(?) would have been discussed. I don't know that he was intentionally trying to kill the lawyer or just attack him. We may never know.

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    After seeing the episode and Henry's final words to Courtney and crew --- it came across as a finale, sadly.

Probably the most feasible way to bring him back (and i think they should) would be that his father saved him -- with plans to mentally recondition him. So if he does come back, he will be with the bad guys (at least until he can break free of daddy's control over him). But as others have said, it seems they don't want anyone to overshadow Stargirl-- and if he does come back -- it will probably be in a limited capacity.

I was thinking if they do bring on a Green Lantern replacement (hopefully jade), the powerset will probably be limited to casting green glame -- not creating solid light images or even flying. And forget Fury or Power Girl -- they have their strong guy in Hourman. Sandy/Sandman seems like a good possibility.
    They need to bring in another team member. Have Beth be the Person in the Chair that every team has, to give them technical knowledge, have Chuck do the magical plot specific hacking stuff with her rarely, if ever, going out into the field. And bring in another active hero to go out on missions.

Intermediary

Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    They need to bring in another team member. Have Beth be the Person in the Chair that every team has, to give them technical knowledge, have Chuck do the magical plot specific hacking stuff with her rarely, if ever, going out into the field. And bring in another active hero to go out on missions.
    it would be interesting to see Sand/Sandy