Page 77 of 187 FirstFirst ... 276773747576777879808187127177 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,155 of 2791
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    They need to bring in another team member. Have Beth be the Person in the Chair that every team has, to give them technical knowledge, have Chuck do the magical plot specific hacking stuff with her rarely, if ever, going out into the field. And bring in another active hero to go out on missions.
    Sir Justin is waiting in the wings. He should have gotten his mind back by now.

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Sir Justin is waiting in the wings. He should have gotten his mind back by now.
    Well IIRC the next episode is call Shining Knight.

I don't really see them making Beth a "guy in the chair" when they went to the trouble of giving her a costume. Granted, she seems even less useful in the field than Curtis did on Arrow.

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    After seeing the episode and Henry's final words to Courtney and crew --- it came across as a finale, sadly.

Probably the most feasible way to bring him back (and i think they should) would be that his father saved him -- with plans to mentally recondition him. So if he does come back, he will be with the bad guys (at least until he can break free of daddy's control over him). But as others have said, it seems they don't want anyone to overshadow Stargirl-- and if he does come back -- it will probably be in a limited capacity.

I was thinking if they do bring on a Green Lantern replacement (hopefully jade), the powerset will probably be limited to casting green glame -- not creating solid light images or even flying. And forget Fury or Power Girl -- they have their strong guy in Hourman. Sandy/Sandman seems like a good possibility.
    Hmmm.... if they do bring in Power Girl, maybe for a guest spot or two- do you think they'd ask Melissa Benoist to play her?

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Hmmm.... if they do bring in Power Girl, maybe for a guest spot or two- do you think they'd ask Melissa Benoist to play her?
    I think it would be a fun gag if she makes a cameo as Power Girl and only shows off the boob window for five seconds .

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    They need to bring in another team member. Have Beth be the Person in the Chair that every team has, to give them technical knowledge, have Chuck do the magical plot specific hacking stuff with her rarely, if ever, going out into the field. And bring in another active hero to go out on missions.
    God, no.

I hate 'the Person in the chair' cliche, and Beth deserves a lot more than just slapping her hands on a tabletop and shouting out nonsense plot mechanics in a generic CW warehouse space.

I like her development so far, she seems to be leaning more and more towards being the detective of the team. Trailing clues and what not.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    God, no.

I hate 'the Person in the chair' cliche, and Beth deserves a lot more than just slapping her hands on a tabletop and shouting out nonsense plot mechanics in a generic CW warehouse space.

I like her development so far, she seems to be leaning more and more towards being the detective of the team. Trailing clues and what not.
    I don't disagree, but they really need to find more for her to do in the field that doesn't rely on the goggles.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

I think Brainy Jr's death is another important moment, narratively. It showed the whole team just what exactly they're up against. The ISA is no joke, and will stop at nothing to achieve their goals.

I liked the character, but his sacrifice was noble and he went out a hero. Bringing him back would lessen that.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Leaving him dead is worse, imo. Unless they're just planning this whole thing to end soon.

I still think they're eventually going to play with timey wimey stuff so things will get undone.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think it would be a fun gag if she makes a cameo as Power Girl and only shows off the boob window for five seconds .
    She's have to wear a wig and be much more authoritative than she is playing Supergirl.

Astonishing Member

I think Brainy Jr's death is another important moment, narratively. It showed the whole team just what exactly they're up against. The ISA is no joke, and will stop at nothing to achieve their goals.

I liked the character, but his sacrifice was noble and he went out a hero. Bringing him back would lessen that.
    I don't know -- sacrificing one's self and then coming back is pretty common in comic book mythology -- and it would add a lot of drama if he comes back on the bad side -- at least in the short-term. They need a heavy hitter, though. So if he's not coming back -- it's time for Jade to enter the picture.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Jr being dead is wasted potential.

Astonishing Member

This episode makes it clear that the kids are way out of their depth dealing with lethal level opponents Unless Courtney is firing killing blasts, they aren't going to take a fight. Saying they are going to take the ISA in makes no sense. In her world, calling the Feds isn't an option? Why?

Icicle, Brainwave and Grundy will take them apart if they tried. Brainwave had the power to just rip their heads off but the fight was superhero cliches of pushing people around.

I'm never happy with plots of a supervillain to take over a city or even some states. That seems a way to eat a cruise missile or nuclear barrage. Unless Brainwave can stop a saturation attack, they are toast.

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

God, no.

I hate it as much as the next person trust me. I just don't have faith that once they move to the CW that these MMORPG group like cliche roles will come to pass and you might as well have her do it. As some one else commented if she takes on a more detective CSI kinda role that is more than dependent on Chuck, I can welcome that. Right now, she is the most useless character they have.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    This episode makes it clear that the kids are way out of their depth dealing with lethal level opponents Unless Courtney is firing killing blasts, they aren't going to take a fight. Saying they are going to take the ISA in makes no sense. In her world, calling the Feds isn't an option? Why?

Icicle, Brainwave and Grundy will take them apart if they tried. Brainwave had the power to just rip their heads off but the fight was superhero cliches of pushing people around.

I'm never happy with plots of a supervillain to take over a city or even some states. That seems a way to eat a cruise missile or nuclear barrage. Unless Brainwave can stop a saturation attack, they are toast.
    They will have the population of those states as human shields. No one is going to nuke them.