Page 79 of 187 FirstFirst ... 296975767778798081828389129179 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,185 of 2791
    MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    It's a complete story this way. If the show wasn't continuing on the CW, I guess I'd agree with you- as there's a ton of potential left with Jr. On the CW though? Nah.
    I feel the opposite. It's like the story is only partially told. Henry has really been one of the best characters on this show. None of the New JSA, except Courtney, even come close to filling his shoes.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    There were no newspapers with color like that back then on a regular basis. That didn't start until I was a kid back in the late '70s. Also, the date (roman numerals) clearly show that it wasn't from 80-something years ago.
    As for the police car, this is what they looked like back in the Forties:

I grew up in the '70s and I can't recall anything looking like the one in the newspaper. They were still driving the long gas guzzlers back then. Also, police light bars weren't introduced until the '60s.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by MyriVerse View Post
    I feel the opposite. It's like the story is only partially told. Henry has really been one of the best characters on this show. None of the New JSA, except Courtney, even come close to filling his shoes.
    Definitely. He may look like Archie from Riverdale, but the way he still loves his father, even after finding out all that he's done, and desperately wanting the father he knew during his childhood, just wow. He ought to be nominated for an Emmy.
    Watching television is not an activity.

So they changed the shows name in the listings from DC'S Stargirl to just Stargirl, causing my DVR to stop recording it. Just an FYI.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MyriVerse View Post
    I loved his arc, but I think there is more potential to bring him back -- and develop his powers. In the comics, his dad died --- and transferred his powers to his son which greatly enhanced Brainwave, Jr., but also caused him problems. I know they also have the good son/bad son angle with Icicle and Icicle, Jr. but I love the power set of the Brainwaves. TK is rarely shown very well in comics, but it's made for live action.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    So they changed the shows name in the listings from DC'S Stargirl to just Stargirl, causing my DVR to stop recording it. Just an FYI.
    As I said before my DVR is telling me it will record the Sunday reshowing. It didn't plan to record Tuesday but luckily I noticed and put in a request to record just that one episode. Hopefully it still records the Sunday one at least for a few more weeks so i can have all this season in one place. I'll just record the Tuesday night on a week-by-week basis so i can watch it before that.

Incredible Member

god, either I'm fast or you all are slow as hell.

Either way, that quip by brainwave that his powers grew after he killed his son tosses more dirt on the pile that his son is indeed dead. Just like the wizard kid, who is near 100% dead. Let's just face the reality that this show kills off the cream fast, and leaves more of the coffee grinds and drek.

Quote Originally Posted by Sammael View Post
    god, either I'm fast or you all are slow as hell.

Either way, that quip by brainwave that his powers grew after he killed his son tosses more dirt on the pile that his son is indeed dead. Just like the wizard kid, who is near 100% dead. Let's just face the reality that this show kills off the cream fast, and leaves more of the coffee grinds and drek.
    How is the Wizard kid only "near 100%" dead? You think he might be one of Ito's zombies? Otherwise, he seems super dead to me.

The latest episode really hit me in the feels exactly how they wanted - the encounter with Court's dad especially, but even the scene in the basement that ended the episode. Some people were concerned things were coming a little too quickly to Courtney, but I think they just wanted to start strong, put her in the suit and get the audience involved in the action first, then put her through the ringer before this, which is her "real" origin in terms of her coming into her own the way most origins have this moment right before they put on the full outfit. Otherwise, I'm sure a lot of people would have complained abut it being too slow with her not putting on the suit or using the staff.(like a bunch of people did with Cloak & Dagger) So yeah, it was ultimately a smart way to have your cake and eat it too - start her off suiting up and using the staff, but still craft a story where she does come into her own in a slower way so that we get to see growth.
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 07-27-2020 at 01:46 PM.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Someone needs to fill in Mike about what's going on before he becomes a supervillain. He knows he's being left out and who knows how much more he can take.

I take it that Justin was a test run for project new America. Dragon King wrecked his mind something fierce. Maybe that's how he got his job as a janitor. I can't see any normal employer giving a job to something acting that strange.

Other random thoughts re: "Shining Knight":
    -- Nice Don Quixote reference with Sir Justin being affected by the windmill.
    -- Luke Wilson shows why he's earning every cent he's making and that he's not phoning it in here - the man's a movie star for a reason. He's the bedrock of the show in a role that might seem thankless at first, but he's the MVP. Gives some insight into why the heroes kept Pat around. I'm sorry to say, I think Amy Smart came up a bit short in a situation where yes, it was challenging with a lot of difficult emotions to navigate with her character in this episode, but she wasn't quite able to sell it for me in the brief scenes she was given. She seemed lead by the plot rather than being able to use her character's emotions to take us where the plot needed us to go.
    -- I really have to wonder what Hourman was able to figure out - he doesn't seem like the brightest bulb in the cookie jar...
    -- Is it me, or does Sir Justin give anyone else major Crispin Glover vibes? Despite what the farmer said at the beginning, I don't think Justin's that old. (I mean, he's centuries old but the actor looks younger than the guy who called him old, despite the grizzled beard) Maybe he'll get a shave next ep. Will Pat fashion him some new armor based on car parts??
    -- I like how Icicle mirrored Queen of Fables in terms of cutting off the bloodline - I doubt it was intentional, but given the HQ references in the last "Doom Patrol" ... who knows?

As for the police car, this is what they looked like back in the Forties:

I grew up in the '70s and I can't recall anything looking like the one in the newspaper. They were still driving the long gas guzzlers back then. Also, police light bars weren't introduced until the '60s.
    I grew up in the 60s and I'd seen police cars like thise before I was 10. Fords of thst look were used by bolice as early as 52, 53 (when I was 3 or 4). The first ones had a slight roundingnat the front of the hood (which cant be seen because of SSK and Stripes in the front of the photo). By 55 fully flat hooded Fords were 1 in 6 police cars in my town. By the late 60s Plymouth cars like the belvadere and the fury were the majority of city police cars.

Your right about the police car bars. They were introduced in about 62 and werent common until 65. I never thought it was a 40s or 50s car, but a 60s. That however is 60 years ago, not 20

https://www.flickr.com/photos/zappadong/10705293345

Onto current episode.
    Well I'm shocked. I really expected to see BW Jnr survive having shielded himslef. They had a funereal/memorial and everything.
    Last edited by beatboks; 07-27-2020 at 02:27 PM.

I agree that Mike needs to know soon.

Very sweet scene with Pat and Courtney, and Sam getting punched in his stupid face by the former.

Also, I swear, Brainwave is even MORE creepy than Dragon King. His total nonchalance at the death of his son.....even Icicle seemed freaked out.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by beatboks View Post
    I grew up in the 60s and I'd seen police cars like thise before I was 10. Fords of thst look were used by bolice as early as 52, 53 (when I was 3 or 4). The first ones had a slight roundingnat the front of the hood (which cant be seen because of SSK and Stripes in the front of the photo). By 55 fully flat hooded Fords were 1 in 6 police cars in my town. By the late 60s Plymouth cars like the belvadere and the fury were the majority of city police cars.

Your right about the police car bars. They were introduced in about 62 and werent common until 65. I never thought it was a 40s or 50s car, but a 60s. That however is 60 years ago, not 20

https://www.flickr.com/photos/zappadong/10705293345
    I don't know. I was a preschooler for the last three years of the '60s. From my real-life memories and also countless TV programs and movies over the years, the police cars of that time all seemed to be of the Adam-12 variety. With that said, maybe some police force back then used foreign compact autos instead of the "boats" that were all so common before the '80s.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Astonishing Member

Brainwave Jr. probably won't be back this season -- unless it's as a cliffhanger for season finale. It's possible that he never comes back from the dead, but I still think he'll return in some capacity.

Astonishing Member

I don't know. I was a preschooler for the last three years of the '60s. From my real-life memories and also countless TV programs and movies over the years, the police cars of that time all seemed to be of the Adam-12 variety.
    Same here. That's not to say there couldn't have been a couple of antiques pulled out of the mothballs for parades or something, but I don't think they were in active duty the by late 60s and early 70s.