Page 8 of 187 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858108 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by dr-brainwave View Post
    I'm not against "the future" to be on the roster, I'm against "the past" not being on the roster.(and the past is a lot more than Jay, Alan and Ted)
    I'm a huge Infinity Inc fan, the JSA i want to see is a multi generational / family team where the kids work alongside the originals.
    My problem with Johns's JSA is that its all about the kids replacing the originals.
    Agree completely. The original JSA (1999) that James Robinson and David Goyer started was a nice blend of the generations.

Quote Originally Posted by caj View Post
    Agree completely. The original JSA (1999) that James Robinson and David Goyer started was a nice blend of the generations.
    Love this series! But I am looking forward to the TV show, especially after viewing the new trailer.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Incredible Member

the junior society lives on seeing as it's a teenager that picks her team.

Quote Originally Posted by dr-brainwave View Post
    I'm not against "the future" to be on the roster, I'm against "the past" not being on the roster.(and the past is a lot more than Jay, Alan and Ted)
    I'm a huge Infinity Inc fan, the JSA i want to see is a multi generational / family team where the kids work alongside the originals.
    My problem with Johns's JSA is that its all about the kids replacing the originals.
    Maybe you're not happy with who was replaced, but from what I recall, Flash, GL, Wildcat and Hawkman were never going to replaced. They were the bedrock of the old guard and Johns's series seemed to want both to co-exist.

Astonishing Member

I've probably mentioned Infinity Inc. earlier in this thread, but with three of it's members show up in the TV show, there will probably be more down the road -- specifically Jade and Obsidian. Fury and Hector Hall may be a little more difficult to include due to their messed up back stories. But anything that pushes the IIers back into the limelight is huge in my book. Even though I own all issues of the original series, I'd really like to see the second part of the Generations Saga finally see the light of day! That Power Girl vs evil Superman story is epic!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    The Wildcat, Hourman and Doctor Mid-Nite advertised seem to be those characters from INFINITY, INC. The Infinitors were not the JSA--it's like the difference between the Teen Titans and the Justice League. Those characters were what I'd call the second wave of INFINITY, INC.--and they were all, I believe, created by Roy Thomas, Danette Thomas and Todd McFarlane. Now, with the exception of Yolanda (whose design wasn't much different from Ted's), the TV producers seem to be avoiding whatever Todd McFarlane designed. Maybe they know that Todd would try to get some royalties from that (if they aren't giving out royalties now).

The complaint from Infinity fans against the 1999 JSA series was that the Infinitors were mostly ignored and when they were used, they were often disrespected. The exceptions to this might be Silver Scarab/Sandman who was reborn as Dr. Fate and Nuklon who was name-checked as Atom Smasher--but those name changes and their design changes indicate how loathe the JSA writers were to use the original concepts from INFINITY, INC.
    I don't think they were ignored --- most of the team showed up sooner or later --- with Albert and Hector being full-time members for a while. They even rescued Fury II until Vertigo demanded that she and Hec not be appear anymore (I think it was Karen Berger's interference). I don't know why Jade wasn't used more -- maybe she was appearing in Kyle Rayner's Green Lantern series at the time?

Regarding McFarlane -- his work was a bit rough on Infinity Inc, but I don't think Tony DeZuniga (a great artist) was the appropriate inker. But Todd's designs for Hourman II and Dr. Mid_Nite II were mostly awful. And Yolanda had already been designed prior to Todd taking over.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Looks fun!
    Last edited by Güicho; 04-22-2020 at 03:39 PM.

Extraordinary Member

I was going post this a few days ago but check out this review.
    Stargirl DC CW REVIEW

Only Stupid Answers also has a non-spoilery review:

a man who created images dr-brainwave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Maybe you're not happy with who was replaced, but from what I recall, Flash, GL, Wildcat and Hawkman were never going to replaced. They were the bedrock of the old guard and Johns's series seemed to want both to co-exist.
    Out of the 18 members of the original JSA, we had only four of them working with twenty five kids, thats not what i call "both co-existing".

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Hmmm. Ah, yes I see.

Well, at least she's cute.

Injustice Society. LtoR:
    Paula Brooks (Huntress/Tigress), Henry King (Brainwave), Jordan Mahkent (Icicle), Dr. Ito (Dragon King), Lawrence "The Crusher" Crock (Sportsmaster)
    Last edited by Güicho; 04-24-2020 at 06:38 PM.

Also you see Solomon Grundy emerging in the trailer.
    jump to 0:54

and...

Last edited by Güicho; 04-24-2020 at 06:38 PM.

Astonishing Member

So apparently, the Seven Soldiers of Victory will be a part of the show's backstory, and they will be the first superhero team on Earth 2, predating the JSA.

https://www.cbr.com/stargirl-origina...jsa-explained/

Which I suppose is fitting, given that Stargirl is arguably more a legacy of two characters from the Seven Soldiers (Sylvestor Pemberton and Mike Dugan) than she is of the JSA.

But I am curious about the Seven Soldiers though. If the JSA in this continuity had their heyday something like 10-20 years ago, it means that they are a superhero team of the 21st century (which is weird to think about). Could the Seven Soldiers be the WW2 era team? Or at any rate, set WAY back in the past?

Also curious about the line-up. Remember, the Golden Age Green Arrow and Speedy were among the Seven in the comics. Wonder if the same holds true here? With Arrow done, this might be our chance to see a more 'classic' take on the Green Arrow!