Page 81 of 187 FirstFirst ... 317177787980818283848591131181 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,215 of 2791
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    It's not? I never thought Icicle wanted the planet to die. There will be no planet left to have an authoritarian regime on, once the planet starts dying.

All the villains are great, but Icicle especially. The dude is such a complex enemy.
    First who said the planet was going to die? Second Hollywood always portrays ring wingers as polluters. Third as to your original point about the portrait that is nothing compared to a real life left wing dictator changing the name of a city to Stalingrad. Fourth they are taking over 6 red states. Logically ring wingers would take over blue states and make them think right.

I don’t see any evidence they are a politically cohesive group.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

It's not? I never thought Icicle wanted the planet to die. There will be no planet left to have an authoritarian regime on, once the planet starts dying.

All the villains are great, but Icicle especially. The dude is such a complex enemy.
    Icicle doesn't give a crap about the planet. He killed those guys as they were responsible for the poison that killed his wife.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    But he's okay with sanctioning the hit on the kid brother?
    I think he just wants it over with.
    Quote Originally Posted by regnak View Post
    First who said the planet was going to die? Second Hollywood always portrays ring wingers as polluters. Third as to your original point about the portrait that is nothing compared to a real life left wing dictator changing the name of a city to Stalingrad. Fourth they are taking over 6 red states. Logically ring wingers would take over blue states and make them think right.

I mean, Tigress is an Asian woman, Icicle is an immigrant, and Gambler is a dark-skinned Southener. I don't think there's any indication that they're particularly right-wing.

Trying to think of a way that they can make a final battle between the Jnr JSA and the ISA in any way a sustainably battle. I mean BW pretty much soloed all of them and now by his own words he has had a power up having absorbed Jnrs power.

Do you think they might play the reverse angle that was played with Brainwave jnr in the comics. In the comics Bw Snr gave his power to his son at his death. As a result there was an aspect of Snr's psychie in Jnr and that made him go bad and fight extreme Justice. What if in the final battle a similar aspect of Henry Jnr fights Snr from within him

Its the only way I can see the heroes taking on the ISA

Mighty Member

I predict that Mike is going to not only find out next week but use STRIPE to punt Sportsmaster into the next county.

Mighty Member

Courtney is officially"worthy" to wield the cosmic staff.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I like how the ISA has been depicted all season - they're allies but they don't trust each other (other than Sportsmaster and Tigress who are totally in sync), barely like each other, and several members could vie for leadership at any moment.

I wonder if Icicle's "New America" will actually be a paradise for Brainwave in that the people will be so altered that when he's exposed to their thoughts, it won't be so torturous for him as we saw in the video tapes when his powers were emerging.
    Honestly, even though those two are villains, Tigress and Sportsmaster are pretty interesting in this.

Astonishing Member

With exception of the Gambler, all of the ISA are very watchable.

Seems unlikely given the actor's comments, but could Brainwave absorbing Brainwave Jr.'s power be the means of taking down Brainwave Sr.? That said, I don't junior back if he's trapped inside the body of his old man. Next week looks to be action-packed -- making up for tonight's very character driven episode.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think he just wants it over with.

I mean, Tigress is an Asian woman, Icicle is an immigrant, and Gambler is a dark-skinned Southener. I don't think there's any indication that they're particularly right-wing.
    They may not be right wing, but that doesn't mean they can't be.

The ISA is society with the same goal, so while they may not like each other they all share a bond. They're like a fraternity of wealthy right wing supervillains.

Having a giant portrait on the wall is a very 'wealthy right wing supervillain' thing to do.
    It's funny that the ISA has a group portrait, but the JSA only has a series of solo portraits in their HQ. You'd think it would be the other way around.

Promo for next episode, with a home invasion. I really wonder how they'll deal with this and if some ISA member will actually die.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by regnak View Post

I'm not here to debate about climate change. Plenty of stuff online you can read up on.

The ISA are hardcore political dudes, that's why they've infiltrated the entire structure of Blue Valley. Typically it would be for looting purposes, loot what's left of peoples' community- but Icicle seems to have interest in actually building something. Project New America, and all those spooky kooky implications.

Have no clue what you're talking about with Stalingrad, nor does that have anything to do with the show.
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 07-29-2020 at 07:36 AM.

It's funny that the ISA has a group portrait, but the JSA only has a series of solo portraits in their HQ. You'd think it would be the other way around.
    Ha ha, yeah for sure. I was kind of wondering why the JSA didn't have a big beautiful portrait of the whole gang together. They'd all be actors posing, cept Alan Scott who's an Alex Ross painting.
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 07-29-2020 at 07:36 AM.

Ha ha, yeah for sure. I was kind of wondering why the JSA didn't have a big beautiful portrait of the whole gang together. They'd all be actors posing, cept Alan Scott who's an Alex Ross painting.
    They had a group picture of them at their roundtable that Stripesy took.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    They had a group picture of them at their roundtable that Stripesy took.
    Oh yeah! You're right.

I have to say I've often overlooked the whole JSA roundtable, but it really is wonderful imagery. Everyone is equal in Camelot, and all that jazz.