Page 83 of 187 FirstFirst ... 337379808182838485868793133183 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,245 of 2791
    Incredible Member

It's kind of amazing how far we've come with the JSA since Smallville and Legends (although I think Smallville did better by them than Legends did. Having Johns involved probably helped).

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It's kind of amazing how far we've come with the JSA since Smallville and Legends (although I think Smallville did better by them than Legends did. Having Johns involved probably helped).
    I don't even want to remember or count the Legends appearance because it was so awful. Smallville was pretty dope and that arc was written by Geoff Johns, If I recall.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Quote Originally Posted by marshal88 View Post
    and in another universe , another stargirl fight with another icicle. How things change but some things remained the same.

I remember liking that at the time. Now, after nearly a decade of the Arrowverse, all I can think is "horrible special effects, lousy fight choreography, hey look! Oliver Queen and a blonde computer tech! Oh yeah, said computer tech is now an accused sexual predator. OH MY GOD, MICHALE SHANKS AS HAWKMAN! MY EYES! THE HORROR!"

Having said all of that in my previous post, I will gladly agree that Smallville did better by the JSA than Legends did by a mile. At the end of the day, the JSA on Legends felt more like an excuse to get a new Vixen on the Waverider, since they couldn't get the original actress back.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

and in another universe , another stargirl fight with another icicle. How things change but some things remained the same.

Here's a sneak peak of what we'll get from the CW, just minus the oppressive warehouse style lighting and a few extra CG buildings.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    I remember liking that at the time. Now, after nearly a decade of the Arrowverse, all I can think is "horrible special effects, lousy fight choreography, hey look! Oliver Queen and a blonde computer tech! Oh yeah, said computer tech is now an accused sexual predator. OH MY GOD, MICHALE SHANKS AS HAWKMAN! MY EYES! THE HORROR!"
    Shanks looked goofy as Hawkman but I think he was a pretty good Carter Hall. At least they didn't shortchange him like Legends did.
    Having said all of that in my previous post, I will gladly agree that Smallville did better by the JSA than Legends did by a mile. At the end of the day, the JSA on Legends felt more like an excuse to get a new Vixen on the Waverider, since they couldn't get the original actress back.
    I remember being really hyped for them introducing the JSA to the Arrowverse and how they'd use them...only to come up short in so, so, many respects. I mean, just compare the Hourman's to what they did with him on Legends, or how they unceremoniously killed off some members, Stargirl randomly became Merlin...it was just a mess.

In hindsight it was a sign of things to come with Legends.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Here's a sneak peak of what we'll get from the CW, just minus the oppressive warehouse style lighting and a few extra CG buildings.
    I'll wait until I hear they're moving to Vancouver.

Shanks looked goofy as Hawkman but I think he was a pretty good Carter Hall. At least they didn't shortchange him like Legends did.

I remember being really hyped for them introducing the JSA to the Arrowverse and how they'd use them...only to come up short in so, so, many respects. I mean, just compare the Hourman's to what they did with him on Legends, or how they unceremoniously killed off some members, Stargirl randomly became Merlin...it was just a mess.

In hindsight it was a sign of things to come with Legends.
    I'll agree that Shanks was a good Carter Hall. But that costume- and those taxidermied wings... oy!

I still like that season because we got the Legion of Doom, and I'm always a mark for Reverse Flash. And Merlyn and Darhk were at their most enjoyable to me. But yeah, I think they ended up killing half the JSA (did Obsidian die?), And their Stargirl ended up being completely forgettable.

I still like that season because we got the Legion of Doom, and I'm always a mark for Reverse Flash. And Merlyn and Darhk were at their most enjoyable to me. But yeah, I think they ended up killing half the JSA (did Obsidian die?), And their Stargirl ended up being completely forgettable.
    The Legion of Doom were the best villains on the show, bar none.

Obsidian was the one member of the team they really did anything with and didn't unceremoniously kill off (I guess Commander Steel was another one). I sometimes forget they had Lance Henriksen on the show.

That Smallville Dr. Fate was freaking awesome though!
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

What, these evil villains are all charming, funny wonderful people!?
    FYI if you didn't catch it, it's a complement to the terrific acting.
    Last edited by Güicho; 08-01-2020 at 04:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    That Smallville Dr. Fate was freaking awesome though!
    No disagreement there .

Intermediary

Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post
    What, these evil villains are all charming, funny wonderful people!?
    FYI if you didn't catch it, it's a complement to the terrific acting.
    my only complaint with SportsMaster is that his hair should be slicked back behind the mask

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

spoilers:

Great ep. Loved the Pat/Crock stuff.

Luke Wilson kills as he has done at every turn on this show.

A bit too much wire fu going on. Thats my only knock for the ep and the action scenes in general. They do well just letting the stuntmen go at it. The wire fu is jarring.

Assuming they are keeping Icicle at bay to save some budgetary FX dollars. STRIPE was flexing some Warehouse 13 CG in this episode (if you havent seen it, go watch it. Great series. Suspect CG pretty well from jump).

Didnt see Bowen getting killed like that, but thats pretty well how I expected the Jr. JSA to win. The villains were going to canabalize each other. I think Brainwave will end up trying to get over on Icicle in the end which will set them against each other and allow the kids to win the day.

Wondering if her kid will end up as the new Fiddler or new Virtuoso. Wondering what Cam will say if his father ends up dead or gravely wounded. The grandparents already want to read him in to what is going on, Im sure they would spin it in such a way to foster villainy out of the boy.

Has me curious as to where things will go in season two. Outside of being worried about season two being brought to us by the CW.
    end of spoilers

Man if THAT wasn't a damn cliffhanger!

But great episode. Cannot wait for the finale, this whole season has been a blast!