Page 9 of 187 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959109 ... LastLast

The new preview gives us our first glimpse of Solomon Grundy. Looks like we’re finally getting a comics accurate version!!

I hope they saved up a chunk of the cgi budget for a STRIPE vs Grundy fight.

Extraordinary Member

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Anyone else seen it? I have DC Universe, so I just watched it.

LIVE. ACTION. SPORTS. MASTER. Ever so brief in the pilot, I dug it. I'd give it an 7 outta 10. I think it stuck the landing for a pilot especially a super hero one. High school stuff was cliche as hell, but expected to be that way. Not seeing how these other kids are gonna be the JSA 2.0 or even why they would want to, but we shall see how it goes. Anxious for episode 2.

Incredible Member

it was a good start but the justice society came across as pretty pathetic, all the injustice society were unscathed and undamaged at all while all the jsa members were either dead or dying. icicle was just a small bit villain in the comics but live action , the character has killed dr fate in smallville and star spangled kid in this one. now we have the next generation of the jumior society aka high school kids made out of outcasts vs the injustice society aka dada's army.
    Last edited by marshal88; 05-18-2020 at 05:29 AM.

Can't wait for Tuesday!!!
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by marshal88 View Post
    it was a good start but the justice society came across as pretty pathetic, all the injustice society were unscathed and undamaged at all while all the jsa members were either dead or dying. icicle was just a small bit villain in the comics but live action , the character has killed dr fate in smallville and star spangled kid in this one. now we have the next generation of the jumior society aka high school kids made out of outcasts vs the injustice society aka dada's army.
    Yes that is what strikes me from the trailer. The JSA got wiped out but Stargirl isn’t quickly killed by the Injustice Society? It stretches my suspension of disbelief to the breaking point.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by regnak View Post
    Yes that is what strikes me from the trailer. The JSA got wiped out but Stargirl isn’t quickly killed by the Injustice Society? It stretches my suspension of disbelief to the breaking point.
    Saw the first episode...the cg and acting were well done. This Jsa lineup was weak compared to the injustice league one and should have been wiped out....but yea mastermind himself should be able to destroy everyone...stargirl isnt enough of a powerhouse to sustain a balance between the groups...but overall its well produced show even if cliche.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by obatalla View Post
    Saw the first episode...the cg and acting were well done. This Jsa lineup was weak compared to the injustice league one and should have been wiped out....but yea mastermind himself should be able to destroy everyone...stargirl isnt enough of a powerhouse to sustain a balance between the groups...but overall its well produced show even if cliche.
    but where's the big guns of the jsa, the alan scott ,the dr fate , johnny thunder etc , we only saw the likes of wildcat,hourman, dr midnight ans star spangled kid while the injustice had the likes of wizard and grumdy. it's weird that these bad guys after taking out the jsa, just goes back to civilian life and become dads.

Fantastic Member

but where's the big guns of the jsa, the alan scott ,the dr fate , johnny thunder etc , we only saw the likes of wildcat,hourman, dr midnight ans star spangled kid while the injustice had the likes of wizard and grumdy. it's weird that these bad guys after taking out the jsa, just goes back to civilian life and become dads.
    Totally agree. Unfortunately I would think it's a Cgi money issue that they went with the tamer heroes..as a side effect the more powerful villians rather then vice versa gives them an uphill climb narratively. But it also speaks to the point of the "bad guy" ...once you win..then what? I guess you hide have kids and smirk alot....

Quote Originally Posted by obatalla View Post
    Totally agree. Unfortunately I would think it's a Cgi money issue that they went with the tamer heroes..as a side effect the more powerful villians rather then vice versa gives them an uphill climb narratively. But it also speaks to the point of the "bad guy" ...once you win..then what? I guess you hide have kids and smirk alot....
    It all depends on what you were in it for. A villain who is stealing to...say...have the money to win a custody fight with an ex will probably retire after winning the court battle. One who just wants to live the high life may retire after having enough seed money to go legit. One motivated by hatred of the hero won't be active after that hero is dead.

Of course, one motivated by being a loyal minion to a bigger threat, wanting ultimate cosmic power, or a need to rule the world won't stop until those goals are met, and they never really will be. Those guys stop only after they are locked away or they are killed. And in the world of comic books, prisons for supervillains have revolving doors, and death isn't really that far from being the same.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    It all depends on what you were in it for. A villain who is stealing to...say...have the money to win a custody fight with an ex will probably retire after winning the court battle. One who just wants to live the high life may retire after having enough seed money to go legit. One motivated by hatred of the hero won't be active after that hero is dead.

Of course, one motivated by being a loyal minion to a bigger threat, wanting ultimate cosmic power, or a need to rule the world won't stop until those goals are met, and they never really will be. Those guys stop only after they are locked away or they are killed. And in the world of comic books, prisons for supervillains have revolving doors, and death isn't really that far from being the same.
    Agreed..though these writers really didn't think that through with these villians....however its only been one episode.

I'm not sure they will be allowed to use Alan Scott. I know he's different, but with a Green Lantern show coming out, they may not want to 'confuse the audience'.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

So, the mythical Golden Age ended in 2010? Hard to imagine a time less likely to be a Golden Age of anything, than 2010.

I was hoping Pat would have been in stasis via the cosmic rod or frozen by the Icicle or whatever, and now is in modern day. Wakes up rambling about the JSA, gets a job as a mechanic, meets his wife- boom.

I was hoping for more James Robinson's JSA (1999).
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 05-18-2020 at 06:28 PM.

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

so, odds are on who the janitor really is?