Page 95 of 187 FirstFirst ... 4585919293949596979899105145 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,425 of 2791

Quote Originally Posted by beatboks View Post
    I had the same issue with regards the cars.
    No.... this isn't "Infinity War" where everyone was dusted. We have no real idea how that ISA device worked - but in the street scene, we saw that the people had the wherewithal to stop what they were doing and all look to the sky before freezing, which meant they could have easily stopped their cars.

It just dawned on me. The finale put to bed one question that was raised a few times in the thread. It answered the question as to why Barbara and the kids didn't seem to be too aware of the JSA etc.
    Clearly there is a spin placed on the big stories of the superheroes to quell and avoid mass panic. Pat told us they always come up with something. Presumably the "they" must have been the FBI connections he couldnt find after the JSA went down (or at least someone linked to them)

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    That was quite the finale! Great wrap-around with Courtney telling Pat she's his daughter in the beginning and with the mug at the end. And sandwiched between that was a whole lot of action. For a television show, it was really impressive. We got a Challenge of the Superfriends-type hero team vs. villain team clash and STRIPE vs. Grundy was like Hulkbuster Iron Man vs. Hulk which, again for TV, looked pretty good.
    I'm tempted to say it was a better hero vs. villain group fight than the Legends vs The Legion.
    We removed a lot of players from the board. I figured Dragon King had to go, and even if Justin couldn't slay the dragon, Shiv could, which makes her a bigger threat next time around. I was shocked Wildcat killed Brainwave like that, but I guess that's what they were going for, and it sets up a new arc for Yolanda. I hated how that is in the same episode where Mike kills Icicle and makes a joke. If he doesn't feel at least some guilt like Yolanda will, he's going to look like a sociopath. I expected more from Jordan, actually. They tried to make him sympathetic with his speech to appeal to Barbara, but then all of a sudden it's like "You know what? Screw you and your daughter". I also hoped Pat would spend some time fighting him before Stargirl came in for the rescue.
    I still don't think Jordan is dead.

Jordan was always emotionally volatile in my opinion, especially after his wife's death, he just hides it extremely well.
    Not sure when we'll see Grundy again, but I'm hoping for more screentime for the villains' children, namely Fiddler Jr, Cameron, and Artemis. I also hope Beth stays out of costume. She didn't need it this time around, and she stayed away from the action. She's still an important part of the show, but she's not really Dr. Mid-Nite. I guess we'll have to see if the kids are serious about being a proactive JSA or if they decide not to put on their costumes again until they're needed.
    It would be a waste of having a Mid-Nite costume to not use it, and I'm not sure I see them trading in a black girl for Pieter Cross. Hopefully the loss of the goggles spurs Beth to become more than just a guy in a chair-type character.

She hasn't even met Hooty yet.
    Was Chuck able to successfully wipe out all the Gambler's accounts and donate everything? It seems like he was doing his best to recover some of his funds.
    It seemed like he did when all the donations went through, but Gambler might've scrounged something up.
    I'm kind of hoping Sylvester isn't alive. Could Joel McHale be playing either Jack or David Knight posing as Sylvester Pemberton?
    Joel McHale as Jack Knight...hmm.

Retired

Beth is so much more than a girl in a chair. As I said before, this was the one new element in the show that really grabbed my interest. Here's an introverted high school kid, like how I was in school, who can't connect with others--whose only friends are her family and even they aren't that interested in her. Then she gets these anthropomorphic goggles and she has someone she can connect with, and her eyes are opened to another world. It is a dynamic story, because Beth doesn't need to sit in a chair to do what she does--she can be active in the world, yet still hide behind the goggles. It's a great story for introverts. And the classic Dr. Mid-Nite costume was comical without being ridiculous. So I hope they don't try to "fix" her.

One thing I wondered is that for the junior J.S.A. they fought the battle and won. It's all over. There's no reason to continue being super-heroes, given they believe their enemy is gone. Other than for fun, there's no reason to keep dressing up in outlandish outfits and practicing their powers. The end sequence with Stars and S.T.R.I.P.E. was a weird cos play between daughter and dad--why are they doing it other than to get their freak on?

Now if they knew there was a coming threat--then their game of dress-up would have a reason to it, other than fetish play. I could see the team getting together in their own danger room and learning battle techniques, so they would all be prepped for the next season. But if they think that life has returned to normal, then why not loaf around, playing video games and eating Cheetos?

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Icicle's death I have a problem with. I didn't like that they played it for a joke, I didn't quite buy that he could have been taken out like that since he survived a rocket punch from STRIPE and Hourman struggled with killing Grundy, Yolanda killing Brainwave was treated like a big deal, but Mike killing someone is handled like nothing? I hope there are some repercussions to that. I was honestly annoyed by Mike all season, but if they keep him on this path of going between glib and whiny, I'm going to downright hate him next season.
    I'm quoting myself because upon rewatching, I changed my mind about Icicle being taken out by the truck. When he fell from the tower, you see ice shattering, then when he's about to strike only half his face is ice - I do think the ice just covers him rather than him turning to ice, so he was already weakened from the blast and the fall and only half protected when the truck came. The impact happened so quickly, and there was so much ice flying around, I can believe we just couldn't see his body. So, for all we know he was just really injured as they didn't follow up with any of the ISA.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Beth is so much more than a girl in a chair. As I said before, this was the one new element in the show that really grabbed my interest. Here's an introverted high school kid, like how I was in school, who can't connect with others--whose only friends are her family and even they aren't that interested in her. Then she gets these anthropomorphic goggles and she has someone she can connect with, and her eyes are opened to another world. It is a dynamic story, because Beth doesn't need to sit in a chair to do what she does--she can be active in the world, yet still hide behind the goggles. It's a great story for introverts. And the classic Dr. Mid-Nite costume was comical without being ridiculous. So I hope they don't try to "fix" her.
    I think they need to have her move past relying so much on the goggles.
    One thing I wondered is that for the junior J.S.A. they fought the battle and won. It's all over. There's no reason to continue being super-heroes, given they believe their enemy is gone. Other than for fun, there's no reason to keep dressing up in outlandish outfits and practicing their powers. The end sequence with Stars and S.T.R.I.P.E. was a weird cos play between daughter and dad--why are they doing it other than to get their freak on?

Now if they knew there was a coming threat--then their game of dress-up would have a reason to it, other than fetish play. I could see the team getting together in their own danger room and learning battle techniques, so they would all be prepped for the next season. But if they think that life has returned to normal, then why not loaf around, playing video games and eating Cheetos?
    There's probably not a lot of crime in Blue Valley but they can still save people in danger if the need arises.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm tempted to say it was a better hero vs. villain group fight than the Legends vs The Legion.

I still don't think Jordan is dead.

Jordan was always emotionally volatile in my opinion, especially after his wife's death, he just hides it extremely well.

It would be a waste of having a Mid-Nite costume to not use it, and I'm not sure I see them trading in a black girl for Pieter Cross. Hopefully the loss of the goggles spurs Beth to become more than just a guy in a chair-type character.

She hasn't even met Hooty yet.

It seemed like he did when all the donations went through, but Gambler might've scrounged something up.

Joel McHale as Jack Knight...hmm.
    So how long has hooty been at the jsa headquarters? Is someone taking care of him?

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post

Considering Pat basically had a lifetime of being a hero, he's probably quite aware that someone or something will pop up in the ISA's place. He's probably just enjoying the peace while it lasts. Using his suit to fly around and hangout, rather then get into life and death battles.

But I am curious for season 2. Grundy, after the rest of the ISA fell (and getting beaten to a pulp by a kid) seemed to have something spark inside of him. What, it could have just been fear. But, not sure.
    Another would be the other kids of the ISA. Although minor, they would certainly be affected by the ending. Fiddler Jr. is now an orphan. Icicle Jr. is stuck with his grandparents. Though, the only ones in question would be Artemis' parents. And while Artemis herself is rather aggressive, and enjoys sports, she doesn't seem to like the extremes her parents push her into. So, not sure what direction Johns will go with her in the next season. Old Artemis took up her mother's spot as a criminal. But recent years, the Young Justice version is incredibly popular.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Considering Pat basically had a lifetime of being a hero, he's probably quite aware that someone or something will pop up in the ISA's place. He's probably just enjoying the peace while it lasts. Using his suit to fly around and hangout, rather then get into life and death battles.

But I am curious for season 2. Grundy, after the rest of the ISA fell (and getting beaten to a pulp by a kid) seemed to have something spark inside of him. What, it could have just been fear. But, not sure.
    Another would be the other kids of the ISA. Although minor, they would certainly be affected by the ending. Fiddler Jr. is now an orphan. Icicle Jr. is stuck with his grandparents. Though, the only ones in question would be Artemis' parents. And while Artemis herself is rather aggressive, and enjoys sports, she doesn't seem to like the extremes her parents push her into. So, not sure what direction Johns will go with her in the next season. Old Artemis took up her mother's spot as a criminal. But recent years, the Young Justice version is incredibly popular.
    I'm curious how Cindy will support herself after killing her Dad. I wonder if Dragon King gave her full access to his resources.

Show is fantastic and I like it almost as much as Doom Patrol abet very different reasons. I didn’t love the finale though. Not enough to bring the show down. It got the important things right but some of the dialogue was suddenly really bad at parts. The villains died in really anticlimactic ways. And Grundy looked terrible. And I’m not sure why they’ve chosen to have all this build up for a character like the Fiddler for some reason. But like I said the important things were done right, the beats with Courtney and Pat landed, some of the action was good and the last shot was great. Come to think of it I also didn’t love the finale for S1 of Doom Patrol but it was also good enough that it didn’t bring down the rest of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Well, the finale had its flaws (Icicle was taken down rather anti-climatically - I liked that bit better in The Lost Boys), but it was mostly satisfying.

I liked the ending sequence with Stargirl and the STRIPE robot flying around and meeting on the water tower. In a movie, it would basically have cut to the start of the credits as the music continued, showing the stars (Brec Bassinger and so on), and then eventually the surprise sequence would show with the little twist, before cutting to the rest of the credits with different music. It's reminiscent of many MCU movies in that respect.

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    Show is fantastic and I like it almost as much as Doom Patrol abet very different reasons. I didn’t love the finale though. Not enough to bring the show down. It got the important things right but some of the dialogue was suddenly really bad at parts. The villains died in really anticlimactic ways. And Grundy looked terrible. And I’m not sure why they’ve chosen to have all this build up for a character like the Fiddler for some reason. But like I said the important things were done right, the beats with Courtney and Pat landed, some of the action was good and the last shot was great. Come to think of it I also didn’t love the finale for S1 of Doom Patrol but it was also good enough that it didn’t bring down the rest of the season.
    I'm dont know what you mean. I dont recall any buikd up. More importantly what do you mean by "a character like the Fiddler". Yes he's a corny concept, but he would arguably have been the most powerful ISAer (would be a toss up between him and Shade). I mean the guy could do so much with that magic fiddle. He could create solid soumd barriers that even Barry Allen and Jay couldnt vibrate through. He could open dimensional vortex, control people, freeze people in place. One of my favorite battles with him vs the JSA/JLA (one of those old cross overs) was when he used his fiddle to animate and control exhibit peices in a museum and attck the heroes with Dinasours and Mamoths.

Quote Originally Posted by beatboks View Post
    I'm dont know what you mean. I dont recall any buikd up. More importantly what do you mean by "a character like the Fiddler". Yes he's a corny concept, but he would arguably have been the most powerful ISAer (would be a toss up between him and Shade). I mean the guy could do so much with that magic fiddle. He could create solid soumd barriers that even Barry Allen and Jay couldnt vibrate through. He could open dimensional vortex, control people, freeze people in place. One of my favorite battles with him vs the JSA/JLA (one of those old cross overs) was when he used his fiddle to animate and control exhibit peices in a museum and attck the heroes with Dinasours and Mamoths.
    I guess if Mama Fiddler did anything before getting offed, or if we saw Papa Fiddler kill anyone important in the JSA in that opening scene, I’d be less confused with this long game they seem to be setting up for Junior Fiddler.

They never did explain what happened to the original Fiddler.

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    I guess if Mama Fiddler did anything before getting offed, or if we saw Papa Fiddler kill anyone important in the JSA in that opening scene, I’d be less confused with this long game they seem to be setting up for Junior Fiddler.
    True enough. I read somewhere that a scene that was cut from the pilot had Fiddler playing onnthe balcony.

originally posted by Frontier
    They never did explain what happened to the original Fiddler.
    Yeah that was an omission. Let's be honest though, if Fiddler, Shade and Wizard were still on the team the kids wouldnt have had a snowballs chance in hell. They would have stomped them without any need for the Crocks, DK or even Grundy. Any of those three or Braimwave at full power (without the plot contrivance that was put on him) should have soloed the Jnr JSA we got
    Last edited by beatboks; 08-13-2020 at 03:03 PM.